XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine gets here on Wednesday but I won't be able to get to him until Saturday. But - I was able to secure one with the coin. :yess:

I don't even have one statue... Ben sold mine away .... Sob ...

Heh heh but I think I can steal the original prototype!

Well, mine finally made it in, and he's awesome.
dlZlgx.jpg

Very pleased with the craftsmanship, including the beautiful packaging. It's a beautiful statue. I can't wait for Black Widow.

(I am having a little trouble registering for the site to register mine though)

Peeps,

What are your specific thoughts on the paint app and sculpt? Portrait?

This is one of the best statues I've ever seen, so any criticism should be taken with that in mind. This is me looking with a critical eye.

The sculpt is absolutely immaculate. I'd be hard pressed to find a flaw. If I had to say anything structural, the flagpole is a little bit of a misfire, since the flag will automatically swing out away from the statue. On all the promo shots, it's pointed in over his head instead. And since it's a metal rod pulling away from how the arm attaches, I'm a little worried about it pulling out. That could have been engineered a little better. But that's a minor quibble. It's so beautiful. Even the little stars on his pouches. Bowen can't be arsed to even give us belt buckles sometimes on Cap, and we get this from XM? All the other companies should take notice fast.

EDIT: I will say this... I think the other arms were wasted, IMO. I knew 100% from the day when I saw this that he would be posed with the flag in his left arm and the shield on his right. The other poses just don't look very good to me. They will only ever get displayed if I manage to break the arms I'm displaying now.

Paint is very, very, very good. I'd have opted for a different color red on the stripes on his abdomen (they almost come off looking neon pink, as compared to his gloves/boots which are blood red, or his shield/flag which is a more normal red). But again, it's beautiful.

The face... is pretty good. It's certainly very well done as a face, but something just isn't quite screaming "Captain America" to me on it. I can't put my finger on it. The face doesn't radiate strength the way Cap should. It's close, but not perfect. That's probably the worst part of the statue to me. And it's certainly not bad, or a major issue.

I love it. I'll be buying Black Widow, and I'll definitely get the Mags if they work out the head a little better.

I wish I'd gotten a coin though. :(

Thanks Peeps. Always like to hear an in depth review
/thoughts from other members on statues I personally treasure. I'm really glad you like it and that he arrived in great shape. Very solid review

I should be getting my Captain America on Wednesday according to Fed Ex. It has been a long time coming, but you can bet I will give a lengthy review and honest assessment.

No statue is perfect, and I don't expect perfection, so I will be interested to see what I truly think about Cap seeing it up close and personal.

My biggest hope is that everything arrives in great shape....especially after such a long wait.

Seems small when next to that Spidey. Or is it just a photo depth thing? Or is that original Spidey com larger than 1/4 scale?

Back