XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think SS pieces were easier to recast due to their simplicity, SS never went crazy with details on their statues... To try and make a recast of XM piece and make it look even close to the original would cost a lot of money, something I would imagine that recasters try to avoid.

Recasters sometimes get the exact mold from the factories. It falls off the truck so to speak. However, I haven't seen anything on any of the XM statues that a recaster couldn't get down with a high quality mold or two. There are step by step instructions on how to do it on the internet. Now yeah there could be details lost, the Hulks teeth on the recast of the Hulk Maq is and example, but if they spent the time they could fix that. The key would be the paint apps and how hard they are to reproduce. In the end, and I hate to say this, XM is in a horrible part of the world for recasters, and in fact have been accused of it themselves in the past. They will have some trouble with it if they are not careful. However, till the time that they start to surface there is no reason to really go over and over it.

Recasters sometimes get the exact mold from the factories. It falls off the truck so to speak. However, I haven't seen anything on any of the XM statues that a recaster couldn't get down with a high quality mold or two. There are step by step instructions on how to do it on the internet. Now yeah there could be details lost, the Hulks teeth on the recast of the Hulk Maq is and example, but if they spent the time they could fix that. The key would be the paint apps and how hard they are to reproduce. In the end, and I hate to say this, XM is in a horrible part of the world for recasters, and in fact have been accused of it themselves in the past. They will have some trouble with it if they are not careful. However, till the time that they start to surface there is no reason to really go over and over it.

Good knowledge

True, but if the price of the original have gone up triple value say, then maybe some collector will look into the recast version bc it's so much cheaper.

And that's why we created the XM Registration portal where each and every statue is assigned an official XM unique code (that the factories don't get). Example, there will only be 500 pieces of Capt A registered in our databases so when you wish to buy a piece off someone or check yours is legit, all you need to do is log on to our portal to verify. If it's legit, it will show up on our system and also the email address of the 'seller'/'owner' and country so you know you are dealing with the right person and an authentic XM product. This is our way of protecting our customers' investments. In the portal you can even check how many people in your region owns an XM piece so you know how rare yours is in your region, who used to own it etc - all to make recasting your investment much harder! (even if they could replicate the mold and quality which is slim since our guys in Singapore touch up all the pieces when they reach our studios)

If you haven't registered on our portal yet, now's a good time! https://www.xm-studios.com/members/register.asp :)

And that's why we created the XM Registration portal where each and every statue is assigned an official XM unique code (that the factories don't get). Example, there will only be 500 pieces of Capt A registered in our databases so when you wish to buy a piece off someone or check yours is legit, all you need to do is log on to our portal to verify. If it's legit, it will show up on our system and also the email address of the 'seller'/'owner' and country so you know you are dealing with the right person and an authentic XM product. This is our way of protecting our customers' investments. In the portal you can even check how many people in your region owns an XM piece so you know how rare yours is in your region, who used to own it etc - all to make recasting your investment much harder! (even if they could replicate the mold and quality which is slim since our guys in Singapore touch up all the pieces when they reach our studios)

If you haven't registered on our portal yet, now's a good time! https://www.xm-studios.com/members/register.asp :)

Well you folks are doing absolutely BEAUTIFUL work shorudan.... I am a big fan... wish the price was a little lower though ...lol.

Very impressive, another way XM thinks of their customers.

slow-clap.gif

#441 is on the way!! :rock

I like their idea of a registry. Any safeguard for these high dollar collectibles is a welcome thing. Nice to see the company so collector focused, hope they can stay that way.

That is cool. Nice touch for collectors Shorudan :)

Thanks ASDF! Still trying to finalize the Lottery system.... I'd like it to bring back that trembling, heart pounding, hands shaking feeling as you key in the code and realize you have received the super rare piece at no extra cost. Won't be long...

Ooh, do tell of the lottery. We love surprises and especially bonus :)

Mine from SC shipped finally. Should be here Tuesday.

Once I get it and inspect it, I'm going to cancel my BBTS preorder. I'll post here just before I do so somebody else may be able to snag it.

Mine from SC shipped finally. Should be here Tuesday.

Once I get it and inspect it, I'm going to cancel my BBTS preorder. I'll post here just before I do so somebody else may be able to snag it.

Oh nice. They finally shipped him out eh? congrats dude. get ready for the greatness of which you are about to behold

Back