XM Studios Batman - KNIGHT of the RISING SUN 1/4 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11846725_1580504835503543_8313036873920493974_n.jpg

I think one of the reasons I think this seems like a "waste" is that this suit reminds me of the Batman Arkham knight costume... And Prime 1 already nailed.

Base looks nice...

I LOVE this pose. I'm a HUGE sucker for Samurai pieces though, so that doesn't help! :lol My Hot Toys Samurai Predator is one of my favourite pieces. I'm probably going to try and get on a list for this one early, though final costs and WIPs will determine if I pull the trigger. Lots on deck from Prime 1 from a line I really love, so that may pull me away from this piece due to how high the costs could end up getting on it.

I really do love it though...best one out of the entire line by an incredibly wide margin. As for calling it a waste, I wouldn't agree there at all. It's somewhat like the Arkham suit, but that's just because it's so armored. The final sculpt will no doubt look a lot different than Prime 1's Arkham Knight Batman suit...this one looks a lot more Samurai in its armor, shoulder pads, and overall feel. I think they'll push that even more too moving forward.

I really do love it though...best one out of the entire line by an incredibly wide margin. As for calling it a waste, I wouldn't agree there at all. It's somewhat like the Arkham suit, but that's just because it's so armored. The final sculpt will no doubt look a lot different than Prime 1's Arkham Knight Batman suit...this one looks a lot more Samurai in its armor, shoulder pads, and overall feel. I think they'll push that even more too moving forward.
Agreed. That's like saying doing the movie based Iron Man statues are a 'waste' b/c they look similar to the comic book designs or vice versa. These will set out with the quickness. :lol

Agreed. That's like saying doing the movie based Iron Man statues are a 'waste' b/c they look similar to the comic book designs or vice versa. These will set out with the quickness. :lol

I believe so too. Once it ships, people will hunt these down.

I LOVE this pose. I'm a HUGE sucker for Samurai pieces though, so that doesn't help! :lol My Hot Toys Samurai Predator is one of my favourite pieces. I'm probably going to try and get on a list for this one early, though final costs and WIPs will determine if I pull the trigger. Lots on deck from Prime 1 from a line I really love, so that may pull me away from this piece due to how high the costs could end up getting on it.

Have not seen the final and I am sure the colors will bring out the differences.... But for me it's a misfire... Does not mean others won't like it (obviously they do). I just think XM could do better.... But as I stated before this is a line that could be perfect and you would have a hard time selling me on it.

As for the Iron Man comparison... Well I don't see it as exactly the same. the Iron Man comiquette and the maquette look very different in style and pose... But if they released a comic version with the same pose as IM 2 Maquette then I would probably think it was a waste. This one is based on the artist imagination so IMO it could have been a bit less like Arkham bats.... For now with the pose and the look of the armor it's too similar to Prime 1 IMO... Having said all that this is just a concept design and much could change... But if everything stays the same then yeah.. I think it's kind of a waste :)

Again..... I am not into the Asian style for these at all so that adds to my waste comment.. Let me stress that I see it as a waste does not mean that it is for the 900 people out there who will buy it.

this is a line that could be perfect and you would have a hard time selling me on it.

If you readily admit that it doesn't matter what they produce, you're going to hate it, there's no need to have a discussion.

As for the Iron Man comparison... Well I don't see it as exactly the same. the Iron Man comiquette and the maquette look very different in style and pose... But if they released a comic version with the same pose as IM 2 Maquette then I would probably think it was a waste.

So you're saying that one of Sideshow Comiquettes below is a complete waste, and half of these Sideshow busts below are also a complete waste.

They have the same pose/sculpt, same style and don't look different at all.

Did you make sure to post in those associated product threads that you believed these products are indeed a waste?

2782630149_4aac7bf90f_z_d.jpg

review_imbust_2.jpg

2976_press06-001.jpg

400108-invincible-iron-man-001.jpg

29372-stealth-iron-man-001.jpg

I am not into the Asian style for these at all so that adds to my waste comment.. Let me stress that I see it as a waste does not mean that it is for the 900 people out there who will buy it.

So any collectible produced that's Asian influenced is a waste? You're welcome to that opinion, I'm not going to try and change it.

Very appropriate user name.

:lol

I'm eager to see some computer generated WIPS of this piece, as that's really where I think we'll start getting a better idea about it. If I get any of the line, it'll be this one. Samurai AND Batman...that's pretty awesome. I'm just hoping the base isn't insane, and that it's priced right. I fear that they'll try to make up some of the DC license costs by upping the prices on the line. Fingers crossed that it falls in line closer with others, but it could still price me out.

It'll also depend on if they're including ALL the swap out pieces they've shown, or if those were all just concepts. I think an unmasked, and the original Batman mask would be a good change out. Either way, it's a waiting game now to see what they end up charging! It's so unique that it may be worth the purchase (again, Samurai Batman!!! But that's just my personal love for the style! :lol) but if it gets too high, exchange rates, shipping and customs will end up being too much.

First things first though, seeing some more WIPs of the direction the statue is taking!

Well minus the sword, Bat doesn't look too samurai. He just looks like he is chilling on top of shrine in Kyoto. Works for me. Now we can choose if we like the Prime1 look or this. More option. Even better :clap

If you readily admit that it doesn't matter what they produce, you're going to hate it, there's no need to have a discussion.

Just putting out my opinion... You know.. Discussion board and all :) I love Batman and his universe... So I have an interest in what XM is doing.

If XM really nailed it I would sing it's praises and still might.. As of now I think the line is silly and nothing about this batman really stands out from anything else. But it's just an opinion I have for now.

So you're saying that one of Sideshow Comiquettes below is a complete waste, and half of these Sideshow busts below are also a complete waste.

They have the same pose/sculpt, same style and don't look different at all.

Did you make sure to post in those associated product threads that you believed these products are indeed a waste?

2782630149_4aac7bf90f_z_d.jpg

review_imbust_2.jpg

2976_press06-001.jpg

400108-invincible-iron-man-001.jpg

29372-stealth-iron-man-001.jpg

I am Saying that if XM decided to do an Asian influence Iron Man and it basically looked like the above maquette... yeah.. A Waste.

Repaints and such are a different thing all together.. It;s not another company making something "original" that basically looks like something else someone else has already done in both sculpt and pose. Some people hate repaints also and call them a waste... I tend not to share that because it;s the same company and they did not put forth a lot of time to creat something original.. Might be a waste to some people to own two of the same sculpts but with different paint apps but it's not like starting from scratch and making something very similar.

I can't stress this enough.. The XM piece comes across as a waste to me because it seems to be lacking originality. Does not mean that the final product won;t rule.. Just as of now it seems to me like a wasted opportunity since XM is doing Batman.

So any collectible produced that's Asian influenced is a waste? You're welcome to that opinion, I'm not going to try and change it.

Exactly... Just my opinion. I know it;s not shared with the rest of the world.. I threw it out there becasue that might be part of the reason I don;t think this piece is a home run... On the other hand I think it's the lack of originality that hold it back.. Without the Swords Bats does not look all that Asian influenced... He looks more like Arkham Bats... So I think it;s sort of silly to do that... However I admit if it looked even more Asian I might be into it even less :)

Last edited:
I will not call it 'wasted' since XM mentioned in the first place that they will not be able to get a license for classic/comic or movie version as other company has secured it already. The license they got is based on XMs concept of the Batman line... so it's either they do not get DC license or do their own concept and get the license. I do not see a waste on taking a chance on this approach..but anyway it's a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion, its just sometime surprising to hear the opinions, the spectrum is very wide

I will not call it 'wasted' since XM mentioned in the first place that they will not be able to get a license for classic/comic or movie version as other company has secured it already. The license they got is based on XMs concept of the Batman line... so it's either they do not get DC license or do their own concept and get the license. I do not see a waste on taking a chance on this approach..but anyway it's a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion, its just sometime surprising to hear the opinions, the spectrum is very wide

I will retract my Waste comment since it seems to be the point of contention here (even though it's just my view on it that I am sharing). I will just say that so far it seems like a missed opportunity.. Asian influence or not. I don't think anything stands out or looks very original. Like the Base for Bats though.

Let's wait for the more update foto, pretty sure it will not dissapoint.

I will retract my Waste comment since it seems to be the point of contention here (even though it's just my view on it that I am sharing). I will just say that so far it seems like a missed opportunity.. Asian influence or not. I don't think anything stands out or looks very original. Like the Base for Bats though.

I would not retract it, it IS a waste. This made up line is taking time and resources away from other things they could be doing. To be fair, some people have said the same thing about SS in the some of the things they do.

I am not sure some people have thought this all the way through. How deep can they even go with this? So if this does well for them, will this be their focus going forward/ignoring other things they could be doing?

Well, whatever, it is am interesting discussion, and I am curious how they will do with this.

Bro XM is constantly churning out new ideas and concepts. This new asian batman stuff consists of only a few of those ideas. Who knows what else XM is prepping. Stop saying it's a waste just because you don't like it.

An ES of 999 for these at $650 a pop selling out across all 4 pieces previewed would net just north of $2,500,000. Waste? :huh

No reason they can't go as deep as they want if the initial sales are strong, and if they aren't they move forward with other projects.

Last I recall they've already tackled major characters established companies have been ignoring for a the better part of decade, maybe more, and they've been around for 5 minutes. :lol

Bro XM is constantly churning out new ideas and concepts. This new asian batman stuff consists of only a few of those ideas. Who knows what else XM is prepping. Stop saying it's a waste just because you don't like it.

:goodpost:

Last edited:

No.

You know, that is just, like, my opinion.

You can, you know, disagree with it if you want to. Or not.

I think it is a huge waste for a small company to spend the time, resources on something like this to the detriment of other products they could be doing.

I think it is a huge waste for a small company to spend the time, resources on something like this to the detriment of other products they could be doing.

Well they don't, so there's that. What products should they be doing? :huh

Do you feel this way about the COTD line? No one was clamoring for that.

Back