XM Studios Batman - KNIGHT of the RISING SUN 1/4 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An ES of 999 for these at $650 a pop selling out across all 4 pieces previewed would net just north of $2,500,000. Waste? :huh

No reason they can't go as deep as they want if the initial sales are strong, and if they aren't they move forward with other projects.

Last I recall they've already tackled major characters established companies have been ignoring for a the better part of decade, maybe more, and they've been around for 5 minutes. :lol

:goodpost:

Ehhhh... depending on the margins, then only four figures, all that time, people to pay.....

2.5 million to me for a years worth of work is not that much for a company. :dunno

Well they don't, so there's that. What products should they be doing? :huh

Do you feel this way about the COTD line? No one was clamoring for that.

Actually I do. I have no interest in the COTD line for the same reason. No attachment. Sure I got a Queen print, but that is about it for me. Not that the artwork itself is not cool.

Would much rather SS had tried to do the Hammer Horror stuff or tried to go back to the Universal Monsters.

But that is just me. I just wish they were doing something I was interested in, and given Witchblade, thought they might be looking for more things like that to fill the market in areas that are underserved.

Doesn't make me right/them wrong, just posting my opinion on a discussion board. No need for anyone to get in a twist. People have said the same things about the CoTD line as you noted.

They can still only physically do so much unless/until they grow. Hey it is really not that upsetting to me. Some of ya'll seem really excited about this, I just don't see it personally.

No problem, i´m relax. But with the DC line HMO / Hive are involved, same to Star Wars. I think the most time is needed for meetings to find the design.

No problem, i´m relax. But with the DC line HMO / Hive are involved, same to Star Wars. I think the most time is needed for meetings to find the design.

I think most of there time is taken up with the added QC checks that they do which is awesome, but massively time consuming. TBolt is right if XM doesn't grown beyond their core 5 guys I can't see how many pieces they can get out. They have been going now for about a year and a half two years since their first pieces actually shipped, and in that time they have shipped how many statues? Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, BW, Magneto, and Hawkeye??? Though I could be missing a few.... and they have Punisher, Winter Soldier, Ghost Rider, Black Bolt, Medusa, Dr. Strange, 2 Iron Man statues, Thor, She Hulk and Phoenix in the pipeline. Now I could be missing some mind you the old man memory is fading a bit. However, at the rate that XM has been getting statues out it will take them at least a year and a half to two and a half years to get all of the Marvel statues out the door. Where does the TopCow, StarWars, and Batman lines fall in there. Now don't get me wrong I am not saying that they can't grown and excel at it, but the fact that xm is smaller and more accessible has been on of the reasons people love them so much

Actually I do. I have no interest in the COTD line for the same reason. No attachment. Sure I got a Queen print, but that is about it for me. Not that the artwork itself is not cool.

Would much rather SS had tried to do the Hammer Horror stuff or tried to go back to the Universal Monsters.

But that is just me.

That makes sense. :duff

I just wish they were doing something I was interested in, and given Witchblade, thought they might be looking for more things like that to fill the market in areas that are underserved.

Doesn't make me right/them wrong, just posting my opinion on a discussion board. No need for anyone to get in a twist. People have said the same things about the CoTD line as you noted.

Be careful what you wish for, as sometimes you'll want it all and given the prices to acquire these ...well you know. :lol

Ehhhh... depending on the margins, then only four figures, all that time, people to pay.....

2.5 million to me for a years worth of work is not that much for a company. :dunno

2.5million for you might be small. But for others, its a lot mate.

This is a pet project at this point, so the $2.5million would be on top of whatever they're raking in from all their other releases such as Marvel 1:4's, Top Cow 1:4, HX 1:6 line, etc.

This is a pet project at this point, so the $2.5million would be on top of whatever they're raking in from all their other releases such as Marvel 1:4's, Top Cow 1:4, HX 1:6 line, etc.

Ah, I see. I don't really follow XM so I don't really know much about there other releases you listed.

I've seen a lot of naysayers and some pretty adverse reaction to this line, but I think it's a fresh take and look forward to seeing the products. Concept art and the finished product can end up being significantly different, but the premise is clever enough to think the results will be pretty awesome!

I've seen a lot of naysayers and some pretty adverse reaction to this line, but I think it's a fresh take and look forward to seeing the products. Concept art and the finished product can end up being significantly different, but the premise is clever enough to think the results will be pretty awesome!

I'll be honest.... I thnk that if XM does this piece right it will top Magneto in its presence and size. I would love to get it, but I am probably going to pass in favor of a few other pieces and projects close to my heart. After all I am going to have a fairly kick but custom head soon for my Batman PF.

I like that XM is not afraid to shake things up and experiment with a new take to mature properties, although I'm a bigger fan of Tetsuo Nomura's style than anything I've seen here.

Post a pic of Tetsuo art, maybe XM is reading and will take it into consideration

I think he means the guy behind Final Fantasy's art. He's good, but that's way too much anime style for my tastes. I like oriental elements when they have a realistic take, would never be interested in something similar to FF art direction.

I like that XM is not afraid to shake things up and experiment with a new take to mature properties, although I'm a bigger fan of Tetsuo Nomura's style than anything I've seen here.

I agree with XM being not afraid to take chances - it is why some of their other pieces are so well received. They are different and fresh. For this line, however, I personally am not a fan. It is just too radical for my taste although it will be a unique piece for those who do buy it. This Batman variant is the best of the character images they've showed though.

I think he means the guy behind Final Fantasy's art. He's good, but that's way too much anime style for my tastes. I like oriental elements when they have a realistic take, would never be interested in something similar to FF art direction.

Ooouw. Please not too much anime. Try keep it as close to actual Bat as possible

Back