XM Studios 1/4 Spider-Gwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Xm 1/4scale Spider Girl Gwen....done!!!
Thanks to Soefara Jafney for the concept design .
Thanks to George Georgy for the beautiful sculp." XM FB

11222396_1618074355079924_2067256556635241574_n.jpg

11216829_1618074388413254_6499789750274062787_n.jpg

12345606_1618074411746585_4069900484729783070_n.jpg

12313886_1618074428413250_5638663130189621003_n.jpg

Not really understanding this one. It looks like she's tripping and falling - the pose doesn't speak to her abilities in any way, and the base is extremely boring, basic, and way too large. Not to mention that weird looking face. I am curious to see how they manage the hooded head though - I'm assuming it will come in multiple pieces, but casting that must be a nightmare.

I actually like the pose. It tells a story to me. I am having a hard time understanding the point/need for that base, though. There's nothing about it that makes me think it adds to the statue by being what it is. I think a corner of a building roof or something would work better, and not need to be so tall.

This needs to include a Deadpool thought bubble that says, "I'm flying Jack"

They are selling a base with a spider Gwen on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The base reminds me of the comic cover of Superman standing on the same or similar looking base

"Hi Guys there is slight miscommunication here .....the base for xm 1/4 scale gwen spider girl
wasn't approved due to the copy rights issue .....SORRY for the misunderstanding."

XM Facebook

This reminds me of the Spider-Man 2 movie with Emma Stone as Gwen. Spider-Man was in this same pose in the beginning of the move ...only he was more horizontal. The pose looked more natural for him. Maybe this Spider-Gwen would look more natural if she was more horizontal ...but how do you do that and still have structural support for this statue?

This reminds me of the Spider-Man 2 movie with Emma Stone as Gwen. Spider-Man was in this same pose in the beginning of the move ...only he was more horizontal. The pose looked more natural for him. Maybe this Spider-Gwen would look more natural if she was more horizontal ...but how do you do that and still have structural support for this statue?

I had the same thought. Here's what I think would look really cool:

sgw2.jpg

the base either needs to be much more detailed and/or about half the size is is now. otherwise the body looks really cool, the face is a little iffy right now but i'll reserve judgment until it's painted

"Hi Guys there is slight miscommunication here .....the base for xm 1/4 scale gwen spider girl
wasn't approved due to the copy rights issue .....SORRY for the misunderstanding."

XM Facebook
So this is not the base it's coming with... thank goodness. :lol

I forget the actual building this base comes from but funny it's a copyright issue now. Superman and Bucky Cap have used it at a much smaller scale, I wouldn't doubt if other statues have, too. I guess they finally got fed up with it being so freely used.

I forget the actual building this base comes from but funny it's a copyright issue now. Superman and Bucky Cap have used it at a much smaller scale, I wouldn't doubt if other statues have, too. I guess they finally got fed up with it being so freely used.

I believe it's the Chrysler building in New York.

chrysler-building-gargoyle-new-york-city-website-image-smry-standard-gargoyles-1643606589.jpg

This whole piece should be redone. The pose is strange and too symmetrical. The unmasked head is very odd. Hair is ok but the hairline looks strange as well. The base isn't final but it's clearly too large. This is extremely lackluster and odd looking for an XM piece. Hulk is the only XM piece so far that doesn't hit their quality bar IMO but this is even worse.

I like everything but the base. I think the pose is dynamic and fanciful and refreshing. Like she is being released from her cares by being able to use her abilities and soar. I just don't see the need for such an enormous base that doesn't add anything to the depiction of the character I am seeing.

I like everything but the base. I think the pose is dynamic and fanciful and refreshing. Like she is being released from her cares by being able to use her abilities and soar. I just don't see the need for such an enormous base that doesn't add anything to the depiction of the character I am seeing.

+1.

We'll see what they come up with now wince the base got the axe, but I love the pose and the portraits.

When I looked at it all I could hear was that song "Fly like an Eagle" :)

Seems only a few of us actually understood the concept of the base and pose....

Back