XM Studios 1/4 Spider-Gwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I looked at it all I could hear was that song "Fly like an Eagle" :)

Seems only a few of us actually understood the concept of the base and pose....

Not really. I think the base was very poorly done. Even with the "fly like an eagle" going on, there're much better ways to make that happen. You've got to think of how this base looks when paired with the 3D depiction of the character that people are buying the statue for. You've got one lithe attractive teenager donning a spider suit that kicks ass with earphones plugged in to indicate a carefree nature.

Then you've got that huge chunky base. Eagle or not, there's no way that's gonna work out. I'm really glad they're changing the base.

Face sculpts look a little weird to me too. We've all heard complaints about XM's facesculpts being sub-par compared to their actual body sculpts, and I think the way this statue is shaping out, it does prove a point. Not a good one, mind you.

I liked this on first reveal, and everything that has been added since has not worked at all for me. Really odd art direction on this one.

I'm glad they're changing the base. It's just too big for the character. I'd much rather she be free falling though I don't know how they'll make that happen.

I liked the base but it was kind of plain. Hope it's another big base of something else. I want more bang for my bucks.

I prefer something like this
attachment.php

Love the look of that one - I'm a bit partial to the masked version but that's just because I love the face on the JSC version so much :)

Back