XM Studios 1/4 Spider-Gwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many people are really going to display it with this face anyway? It is like the Daredevil extra head. Probably 90-95% of collectors are going to use the original masked head so any argument always seems like a moot point to me.

How many people are really going to display it with this face anyway? It is like the Daredevil extra head. Probably 90-95% of collectors are going to use the original masked head so any argument always seems like a moot point to me.

Then what's the point of including the extra head??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have gone with an expressionless face. Something like this:

spider_gwen_by_jonathanpiccini_jp-d8kwblz.jpg

Based on the pose they went with, they could even have her with both eyes closed, with her face towards the sky. But honestly, anything other than a psychopathic smile will work.

The head should have a point and not just be a throw away. If the DD extra head had been him gritty and determined I bet plenty of guys would have used it. Trust me when I say there is a market for unmasked Super Heroines...lol.

The problem here is pretty simple. Open mouth sculpts are a ***** to pull off. Open mouthed female sculpts are a SUPER ***** to pull off. There is a reason why almost all sculpts of people... Unless they are feral and screaming ... Are closed mouthed sculpts. Throw in the teeth and the tongue and combine it with a woman's features and you have a **** show a brewing. I was going to tackle a screaming Phoenix sculpt, but having been in two visious car accidents where I was rear ended over the last month, and needless to say my fine motor skills are not enjoying the concusion. This sculpt needs work that is for sure, but have some faith though. xM has a pretty damn great stable a growing.

The head should have a point and not just be a throw away. If the DD extra head had been him gritty and determined I bet plenty of guys would have used it. Trust me when I say there is a market for unmasked Super Heroines...lol.

The problem here is pretty simple. Open mouth sculpts are a ***** to pull off. Open mouthed female sculpts are a SUPER ***** to pull off. There is a reason why almost all sculpts of people... Unless they are feral and screaming ... Are closed mouthed sculpts. Throw in the teeth and the tongue and combine it with a woman's features and you have a **** show a brewing. I was going to tackle a screaming Phoenix sculpt, but having been in two visious car accidents where I was rear ended over the last month, and needless to say my fine motor skills are not enjoying the concusion. This sculpt needs work that is for sure, but have some faith though. xM has a pretty damn great stable a growing.

Wow thanks bro for being spot on. Saves me pages of typing for sure. Well said here! :clap I love female unmasked heads even more only if they can pull it off. I love the COH options so I use them all from time to time again only if they are done looking pretty and not like the ss older face sculpts.

Comicbookguy is not a troll, please don't put him on ignore. He's a honest veteran for a very long time. He's ok in my book.

Last edited:

For some reason I can't find a bigger pic of it, but they did change the DD headsculpt. Marvel didn't approve the giddy one, which definitely sucked. I still won't display him with this one, as leaping into battle without a mask just doesn't seem very logical for Murdoch to go and do.

169914-58df8139d23fb572b0b1ae5808b505e0.jpg

As for the sculpt, I'm a fan of Spider-Gwen unmasked, and I really like the carefree smiling look they're going for. Unlike DD, I could see Gwen doing this at some point. It's not like she's in a pose that screams, "I'm about to fight crime," like their DD statue is, which is a major reason why the maskless sculpt was silly on that one. This one will definitely need some adjustments to make it more smiles and less creepy. It definitely gives off a carefree, escaping through music vibe though, which is cool. We'll see which way this one lands, as they've gone both ways on female sculpts in the past!

I still have never even known Gwen became a spiderman. Strange how comics have evolved in the last year or two. But I might buy this because she looks kind of cool looking. Hope XM will kill this and silent all the nay Sayers like they did with sandman, kraven, and the old man in the jump suit with the wings. Never was a fan of any of those but they killed it so well I may consider them.

Comicbookguy is not a troll, please don't put him on ignore. He's a honest veteran for a very long time. He's ok in my book.

Unmasked, XM FB

12278770_1030358030347795_6919872620732346874_n.jpg

For some reason I can't find a bigger pic of it, but they did change the DD headsculpt. Marvel didn't approve the giddy one, which definitely sucked. I still won't display him with this one, as leaping into battle without a mask just doesn't seem very logical for Murdoch to go and do.

169914-58df8139d23fb572b0b1ae5808b505e0.jpg

As for the sculpt, I'm a fan of Spider-Gwen unmasked, and I really like the carefree smiling look they're going for. Unlike DD, I could see Gwen doing this at some point. It's not like she's in a pose that screams, "I'm about to fight crime," like their DD statue is, which is a major reason why the maskless sculpt was silly on that one. This one will definitely need some adjustments to make it more smiles and less creepy. It definitely gives off a carefree, escaping through music vibe though, which is cool. We'll see which way this one lands, as they've gone both ways on female sculpts in the past!

Wow... I didn't know that they had changed the smiling portrait for DD. God I wish the powers that be had done that a long time ago.

I think one of the biggest problems with the Spider-Gwen head other then smile is the hair. I get the effect they are going for, but I would look for a way to put the hair more as a solid piece. I will also say she is a bit mooned face; that combined with the smile, hair, and iPod make her look about 14 years old Which is kind of creepy in state form. I know she is suppose to be young, but I think J Scott really nailed the right look and age level

ECSGWEN001JSCcolor_1024x1024_WM_a6ef876a-1e7a-4d96-a1a5-1d2a605cae82-600x917.jpg

Here are a few more gorgeous pics

spider_gwen_by_metaworks-d89r855.jpg

gwen_spiderwoman_final_lr_by_artgerm-d816arh.jpg

Last edited:
I think the hair looks really good. It's just that smile from head on that looks off. And please, Spidey, no Campbell! God, I hate his art.

"Xm 1/4scale Spider Girl Gwen....done!!!
Thanks to Soefara Jafney for the concept design .
Thanks to George Georgy for the beautiful sculp." XM FB

11222396_1618074355079924_2067256556635241574_n.jpg

11216829_1618074388413254_6499789750274062787_n.jpg

12345606_1618074411746585_4069900484729783070_n.jpg

12313886_1618074428413250_5638663130189621003_n.jpg

Back