XM Studios 1/4 Queen Medusa Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there you go.

The tribe has spoken. :lecture

The tribe that likes bricks... I'm not in construction ;) But I'll suffer with that brick if need be :D

But in all seriousness... if XM is going to spend the extra money for a giant brick of polystone, and I'm going to spend the extra money on the shipping, quite frankly, I'd like it to be for something more appreciable. Like a few extra washes of color on the final hair paint, to give it depth and movement. Or additional hair tendrils... or that wine goblet back! Just sayin'...

And there you go.

The tribe has spoken. :lecture

:hi5:

But in all serious I have done some nerd soul searching specifically on this piece. I got criticized in the Lobo thread for saying this but I will say it here as well. I don't know what it is exactly but I do feel like I can see a slight difference in a hollowed out piece. I cant put my finger on it but owning Apocalypse and King Hulk I love the size and the way they look but somehow the paint just doesn't seem the same. Almost softer or kind of overcompensating. I hate the WW PF base. I love Greek columns and everytime I look at that piece I think, man, that is one fake looking column.

Not trying to start some epic debate but as more hollow cast pieces come out I do feel there is a difference in the appearance.

It's all in your mind.
If you never picked up the piece and no one told you the weight and I said guess which one's are hollow?
You would never be able to tell.
I prefer heavy piece's but have all those listed as hollow too and visually they are just as appealing.

That LJ is really huge and awesome. Can't wait to see the queen. A month left for PO :)

It's all in your mind.
If you never picked up the piece and no one told you the weight and I said guess which one's are hollow?
You would never be able to tell.
I prefer heavy piece's but have all those listed as hollow too and visually they are just as appealing.

Yeah, I don't see how paint and such would look any different based on hollow or not. He could also be mixing up the fact that a lot of hollow pieces are actually made out of different material than solid pieces, but the only concrete issue between hollow or not is that hollow breaks/caves/splits more easily.

I wonder what color they are going to make her hair.... what shade of red? Not sure I want it too orange/bright.

Medusa.jpg

the_queen_of_the_inhumans___medusa_by_jamiefayx-d81txef.jpg

background.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Brick or Fail.

Another vote for brick. :lecture

:hi5:

But in all serious I have done some nerd soul searching specifically on this piece. I got criticized in the Lobo thread for saying this but I will say it here as well. I don't know what it is exactly but I do feel like I can see a slight difference in a hollowed out piece. I cant put my finger on it but owning Apocalypse and King Hulk I love the size and the way they look but somehow the paint just doesn't seem the same. Almost softer or kind of overcompensating. I hate the WW PF base. I love Greek columns and everytime I look at that piece I think, man, that is one fake looking column.

Not trying to start some epic debate but as more hollow cast pieces come out I do feel there is a difference in the appearance.

Bodie would have been so proud of this statement. :rock :lol

I wonder what color they are going to make her hair.... what shade of red? Not sure I want it too orange/bright.

Medusa.jpg

the_queen_of_the_inhumans___medusa_by_jamiefayx-d81txef.jpg

background.jpg

The last Pic is nice. Not too bright. But more towards darker. If they can do shading it will definitely adds more to the detail and feeling of depth..

I really hope they put a LOT of effort into the painting of her hair... I mean, it's Medusa! The hair needs to be the star of this piece!

BTW, I seem to be able to pull up about equal number of images with and without pupils... thoughts?

Who is Bodie? :lol

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

BAMF

:lecture

Back