XM Studios 1/4 Queen Medusa Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumOpus

Super Freak
Reaction score
10981861_1507229356164425_6559332356309189409_n.jpg

was about to post this, looks super cool! Love that Lockjaw is included so that takes care of 3 inhuman characters right there lol.

This is just an early on sketch, but right now it doesn't work for me. Medusa is the regal queen of the inhumans so I see her as standing or walking, possibly with Lockjaw by her side. This looks more like a spoiled rich woman lounging on a Lockjaw sofa. But will watch how the project progresses.

Man, XM doesn't sleep. They stay pretty busy.

I agree that this early sketch doesn't have the right tone for the character.

I still like the idea of the regal standing pose with Lockjaw by her side. Medusa kind of reminds me of Queen Gorgo in 300. She's a warrior queen with a superiority complex and a "don't *****k with my people" attitude. Really want to see this one nail it because she should be the perfect companion piece to Black Bolt. And also think the hair should be much bigger.

1o6ivr.jpg

Something like this could also work, although it is another throne and you kind of figure Black Bolt would be on it.
xbk7eo.jpg

I would be fine with no mask, but if there is a mask might be kind of cool to have a bit of Kirby influence in the design.
2z3p45g.jpg

Not really interested in spending the money on what this will end up costing (especially with the crazy shipping) but they should do something more dynamic with her hair.

New pictures on XM FB!
Man I love this with the hair holding the goblet, and why do I get a Doom/Magneto vibe from this she is awsome really.

With new pics, you could almost argue Lockjaw is not the chair. She's sitting on the throne made out of her hair and Lockjaw is nuzzling at her feet.

Updated pics on Facebook.
Pretty awesome imho, more movement to her hair. Must say that so far, Black Bolt and Medusa are two of the best XM imho. They're both really striking, maybe it's because I like them more than usual X Men/Avengers, as characters, but the strike me much much more than Phoenix, Thor and the others.

Nice to see. I was never a fan of Lockjaw as couch. Plus this demonstrates both the strength of her hair and her control over it. I hope the curl of hair to her left is removable. It's starting to get a little too branch-like.

She is handy to have with you all time, A chair for when you are outdoors awesome! Never need a park bench ever again. Thats what I would think haha.

Back