XM Studios 1/4 Kingpin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Face is just goofy looking. An angry or evil look would have worked better. Maybe a switch-out head.
Love the chess board pieces though.

This piece is such a black horse. I didn't notice the how much detailing was poured into this piece at stgcc, the mini busts are fantastic. For kingpin there are actual indentations on the board to place the pieces.

XM might have been worried that the chessboard would take up too much attention in the display although the checkerboard proportions do seem improportionate. Yet to see the switch out head but i can only imagine a more sinister or maniacal laughing version.

Love the detailing on the back of the chair, nice touches in unexpected places.

Overall good. Still looking at the shoes though. Black is better than white, but with all the detail on his accessories and especially his chair, seems like they left that out on his shoes which are now just black. Kingpin is a pimp, white jacket/belt with purple pants & ascot plus yellow shirt (black cuffs?). Chess pieces and board being off scale isn't so bad, maybe should made the pieces smaller.

Picture from Darwis Lim Toys Photography at ICC 2016
(Camera shoot)

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

14608707_114710750537qssv9.jpg

Hate the face. He looks more like "kindly fat man" (or maybe "gassy baby") than Kingpin.

Although, I have to admit: the chess board is amazing. I would totally pay good money for an actual XM chess board with pieces like that.

You must see the face behind the idea and for that it´s perfect. If you let the idea from the character pose in your mind you understand the pose and face.

This piece perfectly embodies what I've said in the past about people saying they want different expressions and moaning that every character just has a stern, closed-mouth expression, but when a company does something different that also perfectly fits the theme of the statue, people complain about the expression. This is why we get so many dull faces on our statues.

This piece actually look pretty good I n person. Very comic look and feel to it

Hahaha... they forgot to put the painted on display

Yea, you could be right ...just too many events to keep sending the same painted pieces to all of them. Maybe they figured no one would notice they're unpainted again.

This one is growing on me. It's just such a different concept. VERY clever.

The chess game scene is brilliant, IMO, especially with this character.

This one is growing on me. It's just such a different concept. VERY clever.

The chess game scene is brilliant, IMO, especially with this character.

Exactly, There's not much you can really do with this character, but the chess pieces show how Kingpin really operates by manipulating other to do his bidding.
Having all the other characters really ties this piece into any display. I will be getting this one for sure.

I like the concept too but would like to see more weathering on his costume because i think it looks a bit "plasticine" and i'm not sure about the color they choose.

Back