XM Studios 1/4 Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1910297_1647623962124963_3897306303295216884_n.jpg

For painted flames this doesn't look bad. My worry is translucent flames come out looking almost cheap. I'm willing to wait and see the end result.

Translucent flames can be painted with a translucent paint and look pretty realistic. Agree LEDs would take it to the next level. I'd rather see this done right rather than rushed out.

Let me retract that last statement, :lol. That work is ****ing fantastic. Seriously and truly, :duff

Back atcha bud :hi5: - and yes - I AM the (eventual) proud owner of this piece.

If any of you have time - you should look through all the pages (I just linked to page 10) - Ian is the most talented modeller it has ever been my good fortune to encounter. Great sense-of-humour to go with it too!

Still looking good to me, but may not even matter. The guy I contacted wasn't sure he could secure one to sell to me at this point. :(

Fire is a tricky effect. Let's see how it all turns out

Fire is the hardest thing to make look real on a statue. Translucent is really the only way to go.
I still think this will be a Great Statue if they keep the paints as is. It will just look more Comic Book / Cartoony than Real Life.

"Sharing some paint in progress work... Clear resin isn't as strong as resin, given that this piece uses the resin as structural support, we are still researching if it's the safest approach. The comments are very helpful but please also bear in mind we are at very early stages of the paint work. Won't let you guys down"

XM Studios Facebook

"Sharing some paint in progress work... Clear resin isn't as strong as resin, given that this piece uses the resin as structural support, we are still researching if it's the safest approach. The comments are very helpful but please also bear in mind we are at very early stages of the paint work. Won't let you guys down"

XM Studios Facebook

Ya one of the good things about XM is they actually do listen to customer feedback quite well. I will just have to go on faith that they make this Proper... With suck a weak Cad dollar ive got almost my entire yearly statue budget tied up in this one piece. Plz Plz Plz make this right XM

Just gotta wait and see what XM comes up with. I know they'll try every thing before deciding on the finished product. I can be patient .....

Pretty sure Adam will make sure this turns out to b another hit for them as in their Mag

Fire is the hardest thing to make look real on a statue. Translucent is really the only way to go.
I still think this will be a Great Statue if they keep the paints as is. It will just look more Comic Book / Cartoony than Real Life.

Translucent is the only way to go for fire... Maybe a combination of both (flat paint+translucent depending on the areas and the weight to be supported) might work when carefully designed. A very rough example that I prepared for pics might be this...

Attachments

• DSCN4681.JPG
    DSCN4681.JPG
    460.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN4692.JPG
    DSCN4692.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 77
Back