XM Studios 1/4 Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! I’m a newbie at this collecting thing. I just bought XM GR and I just found out about registration and stuff. Asked if the previous owner could tranfer ownership, but isn’t willing to, what should I do? And will that devaluate the piece if I ever decide to sell it in the future?

Hi! I’m a newbie at this collecting thing. I just bought XM GR and I just found out about registration and stuff. Asked if the previous owner could tranfer ownership, but isn’t willing to, what should I do? And will that devaluate the piece if I ever decide to sell it in the future?

wait what? the previous owner won't transfer ownership?? that's totally BS and you should out the seller so others are aware of their shady tactics. I bet the person has 5 XM pieces registered and just crossed the premium owner threshold so they'd lose their standing on future XM discounts if they transferred this to you... still shady.

I hope XM can do something about this. Are there other ways pf proving authenticity?

They probably sold you a knock off version from China. I would return it unless you get the registration. Why not give it? It will devalue the statue for sure because you won’t be able to prove it’s a real xm statue to the next buyer. No one will buy it back from you unless you can provide proof it’s a real xm product. Do t keep it unless they can provide proof to you showing it’s for real.

Totally agree with what the others have said - threaten to return jt

Guys the registration # is on the statue base. It sounds like the seller just won’t transfer the registration but the new owner can easily confirm that the statue is legit by entering the number that’s on the base into XM’s verification website. And I haven’t seen an eBay knock off with legit XM packaging.

In the end with no registration if you sell later this will definitely be 30-40% less because buyers will rather buy from someone who has proof over your GR. I would threaten to return it. The sellers like those don't deserve your business.

So I finally got my GR. I got to register it as first owner, but art print and manual are missing and box seems dirty. Although seller called XM for an art print and manual. The piece looks pretty legit though. Like paint apps are ln point. Any thoughts guys?

Last edited:
So I finally got my GR. I got to register it as first owner, but art print and manual are missing and box seems dirty. The piece looks pretty legit though. Like paint apps are ln point. Any thoughts guys?

so did you return the first one you bought?

and this is a new one from a legit seller? do you have pics?

^^^ Yeah it looks legit. But the manual and art print missing is odd. If you were able to register it then it's very likely a genuine XM piece. I can't imagine the knock offs sold on ebay have managed to generate fake registration numbers. and they don't come with XM boxes either.

^^^ Yeah it looks legit. But the manual and art print missing is odd. If you were able to register it then it's very likely a genuine XM piece. I can't imagine the knock offs sold on ebay have managed to generate fake registration numbers. and they don't come with XM boxes either.
It’s either his shipper didn’t want to admit that the box was opened or I just got the lemom packaging lol. Yeah, I’m the first owner. It says 3 more to be prestige, hopefully they can get a license to sell here. How bad is the paint job on recasts? I was searching on ebay to see if you can see the difference and the lictures look just like the real one, It’s scary

This...... why would it be missing the print and instructions? I just hope they have a real answer to this. If not I would be worried the seller bought a ko and switched it out with the real box etc... Probably not. but it would bother me if the seller can't give you a real answer. These days a xm GR at these prices should have everything all in one purchase. No one is ever missing a print or instructions if the box is sealed.

It’s either his shipper didn’t want to admit that the box was opened or I just got the lemom packaging lol. Yeah, I’m the first owner. It says 3 more to be prestige, hopefully they can get a license to sell here. How bad is the paint job on recasts? I was searching on ebay to see if you can see the difference and the lictures look just like the real one, It’s scary

No one can tell the differences from recast and real in the pics. also they used real pics to sell the ko.

Back