XM Studios 1/4 Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be interesting to see it with the painted bike and figure on it. As it is, there's nothing else to look at but the flames and they stand out as cartoony with that paint app. Definitely not what I expected but I'm not giving up all hope on it yet.

I agree, the application isn't bad, but the color palette choices are very....cartoonish. Even his skull, very white with no hints of bone yellow or tans, which makes flames even more harsh in contrast

What puzzles me is that while the skulls on the base have the right amount of grey-ish tones and fiery reflections, GR's own skull is completely white and with no shades.

Guys, remember the pictures from XM Sandman. The ones like here with a phone cam was with bad lightning and the new ones from Kenny shows the real deal. Just relax. :)

What puzzles me is that while the skulls on the base have the right amount of grey-ish tones and fiery reflections, GR's own skull is completely white and with no shades.
I think they were going for a charred look on the base which does look pretty good but even a good amount of off white colors would have worked on the head sculpt.

I think the colors Clayton Crain used in his run is more what people were expecting.

466cf72d8c0147e24d654d4e731ddde7.jpg

I agree, the application isn't bad, but the color palette choices are very....cartoonish. Even his skull, very white with no hints of bone yellow or tans, which makes flames even more harsh in contrast

I'm guessing still WIP? The skulls on the base look pretty good. Eevn the weird skull for the front of the bike has nice tones. Doubt they will keep the head stark like that....

. . . I think the colors Clayton Crain used in his run is more what people were expecting . . .

I thought the flames were going to be translucent.

Yep - AGAIN - just like the Villafane pieces Sideshow did . . . the flames on the exclusive bases AND the flames on the GR & WGR bodies were REALLY well done.

They better tweak this paint app. or switch to clear resin... not feeling this the way these pics show so far :(

Of course it is - but you can also see Ian's awesome (unfinished) paintwork on the unlit version via the URL (sorry - should have stated that in the first post).

I like his because they are more opaque... the phoenix bird looks like a giant gummy bear to me. I think it's all just personal taste. I keep saying, I think a mixture of both would be great... solid and translucent.

That work isn't bad but I'd rather not have lightup features on something this intricate and large. To many things that can go wrong. GR is the only character I can think of (that'll have any chace of being produced on a mass scale) that is made basically of flames, plus skeleton. I'm not into the idea of flipping a switch and turning him on.

The LED technology nowadays is so amazing... it's a shame companies can't get it right with statues.

That work isn't bad but I'd rather not have lightup features on something this intricate and large. To many things that can go wrong. GR is the only character I can think of (that'll have any chace of being produced on a mass scale) that is made basically of flames, plus skeleton. I'm not into the idea of flipping a switch and turning him on.

I'm sure Ian will be thrilled to hear you say so :lol

And again - the whole point was to show what CAN be done with the right amount of consideration & effort.

Back