[XM Studios] 1/4 Comic Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I see another Predator for the rest of my life it will be too soon! I know, that's you feel about Iron Man. :lol

My guess would be DC Batman & Superman.

Actually I don't have a problem so much with all the different Iron Men in and of itself. I just have a problem when a company does multiple versions of one character before they tackle 20 others first.

Predators are just like Iron Man armors. They all look different. I don't own any Predator in 1/4 at the moment. SS went bat**** crazy with their pricing on Predator 2 PF at $1199. That's insane......sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol

I really like this statue but I'm not feeling the base for a few reasons. First, the steps look a bit tiny and are awkwardly spaced very far apart. I can't tell if there's supposed to be a few missing/broken? The sewer grate below looks strangely small compared to the size of him. It looks sized closer to a household vent than it does a sewer grate which are typically way bigger. I don't know why but the environment the base is conveying rubs me the wrong way, maybe it needs to marinate a little in my head lol.

I don't necessarily "get" the base but I do love the look of the finished piece. I have the SS Hawkeye PF and as much as I like it, I could see it going away and this piece taking it's place. As usual with XM, the details on this are amazing.

I wish I could get paid overtime here at work so I could more easily pay all this stuff off. Do you still get paid for donating plasma?! :D

If I had any nitpick it would be the length of the left leg from knee to toe. Maybe it's the angle of the photo but looks abnormally long.

There is a sewer vent on the street below, so I figured he was standing on the remnants of a blown out fire escape/staircase. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

That's what I thought too. But they are like perfectly crafted/in broken. Either way it looks good.

:lol

I really like this statue but I'm not feeling the base for a few reasons. First, the steps look a bit tiny and are awkwardly spaced very far apart. I can't tell if there's supposed to be a few missing/broken? The sewer grate below looks strangely small compared to the size of him. It looks sized closer to a household vent than it does a sewer grate which are typically way bigger. I don't know why but the environment the base is conveying rubs me the wrong way, maybe it needs to marinate a little in my head lol.

I agree with everything you said here. The base is functional well Hawkeye is standing on it, looks fine if we don't bring logic into it. But for it to make sense, the sewer grate needs to go, they are not normally next to a wall or that small, the 2 pillars should be 1 piece of (broken) wall, with another step in between or make the steps bigger to narrow the gap between them.

I agree with everything you said here. The base is functional well Hawkeye is standing on it, looks fine if we don't bring logic into it. But for it to make sense, the sewer grate needs to go, they are not normally next to a wall or that small, the 2 pillars should be 1 piece of (broken) wall, with another step in between or make the steps bigger to narrow the gap between them.
:exactly:

If we're going to throw logic at this I'm struggling to understand where he is supposed to be. Typically, a drainage grate like that is directly against a street curb and occasionally in the middle of a city sidewalk. The only instance that this scenario would make sense to me is if he were perched at the bottom of a fire escape. :dunno

:exactly:

If we're going to throw logic at this I'm struggling to understand where he is supposed to be. Typically, a drainage grate like that is directly against a street curb and occasionally in the middle of a city sidewalk. The only instance that this scenario would make sense to me is if he were perched at the bottom of a fire escape. :dunno

If it was a fire escape, it would have railings. Or they would atleast be evidence of them broken off. Unless there are fire escapes like that? (Serious question)

If it was a fire escape, it would have railings. Or they would atleast be evidence of them broken off. Unless there are fire escapes like that? (Serious question)
Agreed, I have never seen a fire escape like that either lol. I would assume the rail is removed so as not to obstruct our view? I have no idea :lol

There is a sewer vent on the street below, so I figured he was standing on the remnants of a blown out fire escape/staircase. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Looks more like a storm water grate then a sewer... Might be scaled a little small but those old style Storm Water grates are not that big.

Well...if they make a 1/4 classic Predator, I am likely in on that.

I like this Hawkeye statue. I don't like Hawkeye enough to buy it, but Hawkeye fans should be pumped. The base is a bit odd...like its sole purpose for existence is for Hawkeye to stand in that pose...just not very realistic looking to me. At the end of the day, though, who cares...the figure looks great.

Well...if they make a 1/4 classic Predator, I am likely in on that.

I like this Hawkeye statue. I don't like Hawkeye enough to buy it, but Hawkeye fans should be pumped. The base is a bit odd...like its sole purpose for existence is for Hawkeye to stand in that pose...just not very realistic looking to me. At the end of the day, though, who cares...the figure looks great.

I never thought about that before haha. Why would you lean back away from your shot? Well, maybe he's ducking down to head level since he's raised. If they would have went with him standing on half of a destroyed car... I would have had a heart attack and need forced to buy haha

Funny catching up on all the thoughts about the themed base. Damn do we analyze these things eh? LOL

I think the big picture that XM is tring to portray here is the remains of a battleground right in the heart of NYC. All of the Avengers releases and those previewed thus far are situated on a base made up of rubble and the remains of busted concrete and city elements. I know I'm stating the obvious here. The complete avengers set up is going to look so epic when they are all together nobody will care about the size of the grate under Hawkeyes foot. Collectively this will one of the best Avenger team set ups in the history of our nerd hobby. I'll take a pic for you guys when the rest show up :wink1:

A few suggestions for the base.

I do think what their trying to convey is a busted staircase going up the side of a wall. With that in mind I think the back step should extend out more and be " L " shaped with part of the step hanging down from damage like it got snapped but didn't quite beak off all the way.

Then on the front step have the edge of it more broken looking instead, like part of the step was broken off, make it a bit more jagged instead of the clean finished look it has now.

Last edited:
Back