[XM Studios] 1/4 Comic Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they'll have the classic bow as a switch out option and various arrows. and you can store all the unused arrows in the quiver too.

for me XM is raising the bar and this piece is a perfect example. Just look at the bow. Without doubt the easiest thing to do would be a classic bow undrawn, which still looks cool. But with XM giving an additional modern compound bow DRAWN, it just adds so much more dynamic detail and attention. Then for those old schools they also add a classic bow. I haven't seen that one in a model yet, but the SS bow really does look like a toy attached to a cool statue. I would be very surprised if the XM one looks like a plastic toy. I only own sideshow stuff, and to be honest can't afford XM, so I won't be getting any of their statues though I would love to. I am really happy to see XM succeed and raise the bar because I think we will see trickle down to sideshow at some point in the form of additional accessories, better more daring poses. Can you imagine an XM flash or daredevil... or spiderman??? Because if we can, so can SS and it will drive them to do better, and I don't care what anybody says, if someone new to the hobby looked at their recent offerings, I don't think they would point to SS as the dominating company.

Electro sooner or later you'll fall into the hands of XM. :wink1:

soon I guess.....

10517571_1490968154453510_530316701309309259_n_zpsfd731875.jpg

There magneto is honestly a master piece, who ever came up with the concept deserves a raise and stock options...

That mags won't be beat if it arrives in homes with quality paint and good QC.

The pose is too awesome. I can't buy it in fear of my eyes exploding when it is displayed in my room.

Yeah, I think I misspoke about this one. I was reacting to the bow design really, but I think I just didn't like the bow. I do think they over designed wolverine though... No backlash please :) just my opinion.

There's also a classic swap out bow so your in luck and I would tell you to reserve judgment on Wolverine until you actually see him painted. Tough to call a statue over designed when you don't even know what the final product looks like. XM has a way of bringing these statues to life one they are painted. Look at how popular this thread has become with just a little paint. I think you may feel differently when the final product is revealed. I'll save you a seat :wink1:

There magneto is honestly a master piece, who ever came up with the concept deserves a raise and stock options...

That mags won't be beat if it arrives in homes with quality paint and good QC.

The pose is too awesome. I can't buy it in fear of my eyes exploding when it is displayed in my room.

Dude just get it! It's too good to pass on! :thud:

I don't want to see you posting your regret later. :wink1:

There's also a classic swap out bow so your in luck and I would tell you to reserve judgment on Wolverine until you actually see him painted. Tough to call a statue over designed when you don't even know what the final product looks like. XM has a way of bringing these statues to life one they are painted. Look at how popular this thread has become with just a little paint. I think you may feel differently when the final product is revealed. I'll save you a seat :wink1:

Hawkeye is looking good. Glad I am not interested as I have to keep things limited but I am having a hard time resisting the Yellow Wolvie. The only thing stopping me from committing is that i'm waiting for the Brown Wolvie reveal.

Lol this is the first time I've been flamed in a thread!

I meant it to be constructive rather than just critical. I just am not a huge fan of the bow. The costume and the face look great. Even the mask has grown on me.
I didn't like the bow before, but you're right, I guess it is a modern now design... My criticism of this statue was off, my bad. I still keep my opinions on the other xm statues though! :)

Btw:
I love magneto, cap sans face,hawkeye sans bow, and black widow sans face. They are pumping out some awesome statues equivilant or surpassing sideshow stuff. They are just missing the mark in subtle things that will make them perfect. Like I stated before, I think they will rival sideshow soon. They just need to drop the price a little and make it easier for us buyers.

Yeah that's cool, but Hawkeye does come with a switch out old style bow and black widows long hair face is being redone to look more realistic... So XM does listen to their customers and are willing to make changes if it makes sense..... Something I wish SS would do..

Yeah that's cool, but Hawkeye does come with a switch out old style bow and black widows long hair face is being redone to look more realistic... So XM does listen to their customers and are willing to make changes if it makes sense..... Something I wish SS would do..

Soon enough SS will, once they realize their sales have dropped and their warehouse can't fit all the high ES statues,

LMAO.....you're amazing dude!!!! I gots to give you credit for sticking your ground.....no matter how imbecilic I THINK it is. This looks NOTHING LIKE SS's POSE.....and I mean absolutely NOTHING.

My bad....he is drawing back on his bow.

Um... the legs are in the opposite position and his fist is released on the Sideshow one. .... other than that, how is it different?

Wait scratch that,

Hawkeye_zps27dee3a9.jpg

The dimensions are still off and I still think you are on crack.

Last edited:
Them poses do look similar. Nothing wrong with that though because the SS one look great as well :)

I'm really liking all the extra switch-outs with XM Hawkeye

Both statues look great. Before the XM, SS's was probably the best full size Hawkeye you could get. I remember being at a con last year and a dealer had the SS and so many people who never saw a SS statue were in awe of it.

But the XM has that extra that the SS should've had. The extra wrinkles in the clothes (SS's does have a little). The extra lines in the arm bands and wrist bands. The extra details in the gloves. The extra seams on the boots. XM definitely used the advantage of coming out later.

But where the XM really gets the SS PF is the paint job. Both sculpts are nice enough but if SS chose a darker purple and not that fuschia, and also varied the paint scheme (blue for the head covering part of the mask so it's not just a fuschia glob, which would also help to pop the H on his head more and make the front "ears" part of mask stand out; paint the shoulder/underarm cords purple like the XM; add some shading variance to the scales on the chest plate, age or rough it up just a bit to be more visually interesting) the SS PF would hold up a lot better against the XM.

Both statues look great. Before the XM, SS's was probably the best full size Hawkeye you could get. I remember being at a con last year and a dealer had the SS and so many people who never saw a SS statue were in awe of it.

But the XM has that extra that the SS should've had. The extra wrinkles in the clothes (SS's does have a little). The extra lines in the arm bands and wrist bands. The extra details in the gloves. The extra seams on the boots. XM definitely used the advantage of coming out later.

But where the XM really gets the SS PF is the paint job. Both sculpts are nice enough but if SS chose a darker purple and not that fuschia, and also varied the paint scheme (blue for the head covering part of the mask so it's not just a fuschia glob, which would also help to pop the H on his head more and make the front "ears" part of mask stand out; paint the shoulder/underarm cords purple like the XM; add some shading variance to the scales on the chest plate, age or rough it up just a bit to be more visually interesting) the SS PF would hold up a lot better against the XM.

Exactlly, XM can learn and improve from SS version.

I'm actually curious how many statues these so called XM groupies have on preorder
From Sideshow verses XM Studios. Im guessing it's still 10-1. I find it humorous that so many people are quick to bash Sideshow but praise mediocrity from XM.

These things are still painted by factory workers and when push comes to shove I know how **** most are about Sideshow prices so it's funny as **** that these other prices are justifiable in comparison.

Too funny.

I'm actually curious how many statues these so called XM groupies have on preorder
From Sideshow verses XM Studios. Im guessing it's still 10-1. I find it humorous that so many people are quick to bash Sideshow but praise mediocrity from XM.

These things are still painted by factory workers and when push comes to shove I know how **** most are about Sideshow prices so it's funny as **** that these other prices are justifiable in comparison.

Too funny.

How about we just call each other fans?? Rulk I am just curious as to why you want to pick a fight so to speak. There is no need for it. We are all fans of great art so can't we enjoy it no matter who the company who makes it is? I know some of the XM fans have been over enthusiastic as well, but this us vs them stuff is pointless.

Back