[XM Studios] 1/4 Comic Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl @ Yankees comment

@Savage

Was not saying XMs wasn't HQ. I meant it was XMs statue painted in a shop vs. the spruced up SS catalog pic with professional shading and paint apps that never actually match the real statue. Kind of like the Campbell Spidey CQ you were disappointed in when the comparison pics were shown :wink1:

I posted an in hand pic as well.

Jesus Savage I give up! :slap

tumblr_inline_n7jyyr6PV41qbolbn.gif

Haha. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not fighting to prove a point. Just didn't know if you had seen the other pic. Since I edited it in later.

tumblr_inline_n7jyyr6PV41qbolbn.gif

Haha. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not fighting to prove a point. Just didn't know if you had seen the other pic. Since I edited it in later.

LOL !

The SS hawkeye is one of the best statues they've made in years. That takes nothing away from XM's version. They are each cool in their own way and frankly, it is difficult to compare a "bright" comic book rendition to a more "muted" realistic version...

I still like the SS pose better. I like the XM pose but it feels like I've seen it a lot before. I like SS's "just shot the arrow" pose, it's not something seen nearly as much.

I also like the SS face better. The XM face looks weird.

But...

If the production can match the proto, XM wins in paint application. It's still too dark, while SS's is too bright, a happy middle ground would be better.

And in details, XM wins already. Although SS's flatter, compact quiver is more logical for an action superhero, the bulkier XM quiver still looks more impressive. The modern bow also looks better... SS missed out on an easy Ex by not having an alternate bow. What really helps the XM is the sculpted clothing details: wrinkles and stitching, arm bands and gloves.

The only detail I don't like on the XM is the "ears" part of the mask is too thick.

Overall I'm glad to see more great looking 1/4s. What we should really hope for is XM to eventually get official distribution to the US.

I think this looks pretty cool. My two cents in this whole argument:

XM seems to over design so far. Cap looked great sans the face. Same goes for black widow.
Wolverine is over designed and the face is also a bit off. They are making their own interpretations of the characters, which is cool, but sometimes unnecessary details can detract from a design. I think the same thing is happening to the hawkeye piece. The paint apps are looking as good as anything ss has ever put out. The face actually looks pretty cool and has a lot of character. The bow and mask however I think are just a little too over designed.

I think xm is gonna kick ass one day and be a huge competition for ss. If they could just lower their price point closer to ss, I think they would go neck in neck with them. I'm super impressed with their statues so far. They just need to work on the faces, and keeping them realistic yet comic inspired. Just stay away from anime.

Btw, not to bash, but I hate their hulk. Many of the others are top notch though (mags).

I never heard of someone say a statue has too much details :lol

I think your just to used to plain vanilla statues from sideshow...

lol, gotta be the first person I've ever heard complaining about over-designing or overly detailed statues. But I get where you're coming from. I just don't think it applies to this statue is all.

XM mentioned at this scale, a straight up comic interpretation will result in very blend statues, so they intentionally "over design". I hope I didn't miss quote them, but I remember reading that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XM seems to over design so far. The bow and mask however I think are just a little too over designed.

lmao! Stupidest **** I've ever read concerning this statue. It's a modern bow and/or a classic bow. What do you want, dude? I'd love to be the salesman in a sporting goods store trying to sell you either a classic bow or a modern bow only for you to tell me that you're not interested because they look "over designed". Lol, and the mask? It's sculpted and painted to replicate worn leather. It's an added touch of realism...something even your beloved Sideshow brings to the table. Over designed...foh.

Lol this is the first time I've been flamed in a thread!

I meant it to be constructive rather than just critical. I just am not a huge fan of the bow. The costume and the face look great. Even the mask has grown on me.
I didn't like the bow before, but you're right, I guess it is a modern now design... My criticism of this statue was off, my bad. I still keep my opinions on the other xm statues though! :)

Btw:
I love magneto, cap sans face,hawkeye sans bow, and black widow sans face. They are pumping out some awesome statues equivilant or surpassing sideshow stuff. They are just missing the mark in subtle things that will make them perfect. Like I stated before, I think they will rival sideshow soon. They just need to drop the price a little and make it easier for us buyers.

lol, gotta be the first person I've ever heard complaining about over-designing or overly detailed statues. But I get where you're coming from. I just don't think it applies to this statue is all.

Yeah, I think I misspoke about this one. I was reacting to the bow design really, but I think I just didn't like the bow. I do think they over designed wolverine though... No backlash please :) just my opinion.

Back