Statue XM Star Wars 1/4 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say this every time someone uses the derogatory term "dolls": just to be clear on this your beloved statues are also considered dolls by 1/1 and prop collectors. ;)

If the statues have doll clothes on them I agree :p

I don't know why people are so sensitive about the term Doll because when you come down to it that's basically what they are, I have several of them myself (Batman & Joker 89 with Batmobile, it's a cool setup).. had a bunch of Star Wars 1:6 figures that I never took out the their boxes so I sold them off, except for a dozen or so that my niece wanted, I'll post pictures when I get a chance, she did a pretty cool setup with them.

Anyways I always say dolls/figures but if you makes you feel more manly I will say "Action Figures" from now on :)

If the statues have doll clothes on them I agree :p

I don't know why people are so sensitive about the term Doll because when you come down to it that's basically what they are, I have several of them myself (Batman & Joker 89 with Batmobile, it's a cool setup).. had a bunch of Star Wars 1:6 figures that I never took out the their boxes so I sold them off, except for a dozen or so that my niece wanted, I'll post pictures when I get a chance, she did a pretty cool setup with them.

Anyways I always say dolls/figures but if you makes you feel more manly I will say "Action Figures" from now on :)

Don't you worry for me. ;) I'm a prop collector, and most statues are dolls for me too.

Really? I've always been more of a prop collector myself but I've been moving away from statues because more often than not they sculpt the character in some stupid pose that doesn't reflect who that character is at all. For example the kung fu vaders we get year after year.

The thing about statues is if you don't like the pose then don't get it. You know what it is beforehand. Don't get me wrong I started out with action figures after all., so I do love them. But with Hot Toys sometimes you think you're gonna pose it some way but turns out you can't and that's disappointing for me.

So you quoted my own post from another forum? LOL But did you understand at least what is wrong with the mouth? :wink1:
Glad you are happy with your 12 back, though I can see you mostly post on XM statue threads...

Figured I would since it appear others were genuinely interested and you could only be bothered to remark and leave it at that.

I post in many places.

Yes my 12 Back Toy rules.

Figured I would since it appear others were genuinely interested and you could only be bothered to remark and leave it at that.

I post in many places.

Yes my 12 Back Toy rules.

Most of your posts are just like that...
I am interested in most Stormtrooper statues, if it looks ok. This doesn't so far. We'll wait for more pics and see how it develops. HT usually listens to customers, not sure if your beloved XM does, but they better do. The times have passed when you can release a Mr Potato Head and call it a statue, but I understand the cheerleaders who like anything a company puts out.

I give what I get.

Vintage collectibles is my passion.

Expecting a 1/4 statue to match the quality of a 1:1 prop is silly.

But do go on.

XM listens to customers a ton more than anyone else, tbh a bit too much.

That's good to know. We need to see how their SW line will look like when finished. So far not impressed with the couple pics above though. But they are protos

I give what I get.

Vintage collectibles is my passion.

Expecting a 1/4 statue to match the quality of a 1:1 prop is silly.

But do go on.

Personally I don't care about vintage SW, though I have a vintage Stormtrooper. Mentioned this just because you brought it into discussion.

Nothing scaled down will match perfectly a 1/1 prop, though there are things that are very close (SFS 1/3 Stormtrooper for example). But getting closer to a prop is better, not worse, even for untrained eyes. Then to have an animated high end statue that's not supposed to be animated is not good either.

But getting closer to a prop is better, not worse, even for untrained eyes. Then to have an animated high end statue that's not supposed to be animated is not good either.

Agreed.

It would have been beneficial for those folks (XM included) unfamiliar with the RPF and RS background discussions on the related EFX Hero Legend bucket had you explicitly stated your issues with the XM stormy head.

As an aside I count 3 MIB mr potato heads 1964 ( first plastic body), 1968 (on the moon) and 1975 Romper Room amongst my cherished vintage collection. I only mention this as you felt the need disparage him in your earlier post.

Agreed.

It would have been beneficial for those folks (XM included) unfamiliar with the RPF and RS background discussions on the related EFX Hero Legend bucket had you explicitly stated your issues with the XM stormy head.

As an aside I count 3 MIB mr potato heads 1964 ( first plastic body), 1968 (on the moon) and 1975 Romper Room amongst my cherished vintage collection. I only mention this as you felt the need disparage him in your earlier post.

When the times come we'll show XM what is wrong in even more detail. As for discussions about helmet and prop accuracy there is a thread here where we discuss about these things with those interested. The collectible companies could do a simple research on how a character should look like on their own - I cannot explain to them how Anakin (Hayden) looks like, this is something their sculptors should do.

Then there are tons of sites showing almost anything you want about certain characters, no matter if we talk about Vader, Stormtroopers, Fett, Jedi, or Aliens, Predators etc. If any of these companies are happy to release a collectible in present times with minimal research then they deserve what is coming. Years ago Gentle Giant scanned a real Stormtrooper helmet to make their minibust which was quite accurate this way (though the helmet was a tad too small). After some years the same Gentle Giant released a Stormtrooper statue with a new sculpt, this time not scanned. And looked like crap and people told them that.

I also own a set of SW Potato Heads too, I received them as gift years ago, and since then they are in the attic in a box. Just to be clear on that.

Saw this on a FB group, and it LOOKS like it's a possibly leaked Boba Fett XM statue. I think they're aiming to preview a lot of them at the convention they're going to in September, but I'm surprised there was no other concept art published before this if it is real! Either way, pretty cool action shot! Hard to tell much else with the quality at this point.

11880595_430996577102281_8676153057808452397_n.jpg

his blaster rifle looks kinda big, hope it's the angle

other then that, **** i want this and probably wont be able to get it :|

Looks great from that pic, I'm sure they will nail it and it will prob become that Fett piece to have

Will BBTS carry XM statues like all of the coming ones for PO? Any usa retailers to order XM? Will XM make eu characters like ventress, Talon, Malgus, and hope another sexier comic Aayla.

Back