Statue XM Star Wars 1/4 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my view these will not necessarily pass the "accuracy bar".

I think what will set them apart (in addition to being fully sculpted) is an amazing, dynamic pose and a killer base. I think back to the old unleashed line from hasbro and hope these will be 1/4 scale versions (obviously better sculpted) similar to those.

in my view these will not necessarily pass the "accuracy bar".

I think what will set them apart (in addition to being fully sculpted) is an amazing, dynamic pose and a killer base. I think back to the old unleashed line from hasbro and hope these will be 1/4 scale versions (obviously better sculpted) similar to those.
Unfortunately this is what I'm expecting as well. I really hope they make them as accurate as possible though.

I've seen some of their superhero statues and the poses are incredibly dynamic and unique.

All I can think is, why bother? Especially after seeing the WIP's.

The whole line feels kind of irrelevant. We have the SSC PF's, and now Hot Toys - which are cranking it to a whole new level.

Do we really need another? :dunno

The whole line feels kind of irrelevant. We have the SSC PF's, and now Hot Toys - which are cranking it to a whole new level.

I think yes we need, why? Sideshow Vader nc, HotToys Vader Rots wtf.

Yeah I'm very much looking forward to their Vader.

Also remember this is supposed to be for the Asia region where there aren't a ton of SS statues (and technically there are supposed to be none just like with XM here) XM just got very popular cause their stuff is just really really good.

Uh yeah probably. Because everyone and their mother is complaining about the star wars PFs and hot toys figures. If XM does things akin to a sort of Mythos style of sorts, I think it could be a great hit. Of sorts.

Given how fast they pump these statues out I'm sure Han Is just around the corner...

I hope.
I think the guys like me who came in late into statues need this. The older SS pieces are just not at par with the later headsculpts. Hot toys makes figures so I stiill need my stats. Only Star Wars stat I've got from the old lSS line was Jedi Luke. That one I think was worth looking for. Besides that there's slave Leia. It that's about it for me.

All I can think is, why bother?

3-money.gif

Trust me there are people who will buy these too. Remember there are people buying Mr. Potato head Vader Tater figures too and saying they are awesome. LOL I don't mind as many lines as possible out there, competition is good, and this way we can choose to collect what we truly like. It will be bad for completists, but I don't feel for them, they deserve this for their OCD :p

There are those of us who want 100% statues and not Mix Media SS offers, and there are collectors who don't like to collect dolls/figures, the one thing that worries me about HT's is over time do the joints wear out and the figure becomes a puppet with no strings with arms and legs flailing about, not to mention HT's are also Mix Media.

So I defiantly think there is a market for 100% sculpted Star Wars statues.

if you do not use the joints.. there is no way I see them become loose ..

There are those of us who want 100% statues and not Mix Media SS offers, and there are collectors who don't like to collect dolls/figures, the one thing that worries me about HT's is over time do the joints wear out and the figure becomes a puppet with no strings with arms and legs flailing about, not to mention HT's are also Mix Media.

So I defiantly think there is a market for 100% sculpted Star Wars statues.

I have to say this every time someone uses the derogatory term "dolls": just to be clear on this your beloved statues are also considered dolls by 1/1 and prop collectors. ;)

Regardless I do hate seeing joints ;p When they're covered that's fine I suppose. And yes joints don't really wear out if you don't use em :p Stick em in one pose and just leave it there.

I got in on Hot Toys real early and skill get the occasional piece like the Han and Chewie two pack. But at the end of the day the stats just have more presence and they're posed perfectly fine the way you bought them. Even though figures are articulated, it's actually a ***** to find a good pose for them.

I got in on Hot Toys real early and skill get the occasional piece like the Han and Chewie two pack. But at the end of the day the stats just have more presence and they're posed perfectly fine the way you bought them. Even though figures are articulated, it's actually a ***** to find a good pose for them.

Really? I've always been more of a prop collector myself but I've been moving away from statues because more often than not they sculpt the character in some stupid pose that doesn't reflect who that character is at all. For example the kung fu vaders we get year after year.

Really? I've always been more of a prop collector myself but I've been moving away from statues because more often than not they sculpt the character in some stupid pose that doesn't reflect who that character is at all. For example the kung fu vaders we get year after year.

LOL!

Or the new Phantom of the Opera Vader PF!

Back