XM Predator by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
even if I was willing to fork the crazy shipping cost, as already pointed out the dreads don't look good as is and no head quills is very disappointing. The paint is pretty good though.

even if I was willing to fork the crazy shipping cost, as already pointed out the dreads don't look good as is and no head quills is very disappointing. The paint is pretty good though.

I'm thinking XM will square everything away by the time it ships.

possibly, but I'm gonna take a wait and see approach to see what gets changed. As is, I don't like it. Where are you gonna put it? lol

Don't ask these crazy questions man. lol
I ordered another XM piece also ugggh. I'll
just start putting them on the floor randomly lol

He's balding! Where's the rest of his dreads? LOL!
Don't like how they come out at a 90-degree angle from his head. Would have much preferred that they drop downwards.
I hope this is not final.
Everything else is awesome! I also hope the base gets more than just 3 colors.

More from the XM EU Collector's FB group

FB_IMG_1504968688555.jpg
FB_IMG_1504968684469.jpg
FB_IMG_1504968680858.jpg
FB_IMG_1504968673705.jpg
FB_IMG_1504968670121.jpg
FB_IMG_1504968666129.jpg
FB_IMG_1504968661908.jpg
FB_IMG_1504968645113.jpg

Looking at the pics again, I'm not liking the color choice.
The Predator and the base are too similar in color. A lot of greenish-yellow.
If the base had more of an unsaturated reddish-brown tone (keeping the trophys a bone color) I think the entire piece would really pop.

But going back to those dreads...... :gah:

Love the armor, signature Narin details all over. Dreds don't bother me so much but we'll see if they get redone to resemble the unpainted images. Once the base is repainted this will only look better. Hopefully we'll see more switch out parts too.

looking at the behind shots, the sculpt doesn't even have room for more dreads, so even if they change the angle, he's still more then likely going to have that bald appearance unless they change the sculpt and add more dreads. It kind of baffles me why Narin would find that acceptable. His 1/6 kits have more dreads than this.

edit: it looks like the raw sculpt had more dreads, so why did they put this version out?

The base will be repainted to look more like a tree and provide better contrast. I have put forward your concerns about the dread's to them. What i do know is they spent a very long time setting each one up and obviously something was not done right. They said they will fix any issues.

Cool, thanks. Considering this won't be the only Pred Narin does with XM, I may wait and see what he has up his sleeve for the next one. The lack of Quills on a $2k+ piece still bugs me.

Man those guys that did the video are annoying :laugh:

They need to sort out the direction AND quantity of dreds - looks like he has the start of MPB going on he's so thinly planted.

Hopefully just a WIP or on-site assembly problem.

Not crazy about the lack of quills either.

Just looked at Narin's last three non-movie preds (aboriginal, rapido, and death mask) and none of them had quills. His Berserker had the cheek quills.

Just looked at Narin's last three non-movie preds (aboriginal, rapido, and death mask) and none of them had quills. His Berserker had the cheek quills.

With his kits, he generally doesn't include them.

Plus, they are kits, so he knows that folks have no problem adding their own.

This is a very pricey prepaint - hence the disappointment.

More forgivable than Sideshow missing them off their P2 maquette, but still . . .

Predator comb over? I thought there may have been a change to the number of dreds but it's really how they were put in. At least XM acknowledged there is still some work to be done.

FB_IMG_1504968670121.jpg
2017-09-09 20.46.24.jpg

Back