XM Predator by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Predator comb over? I thought there may have been a change to the number of dreds but it's really how they were put in. At least XM acknowledged there is still some work to be done.

Yeah - doesn't show so much until the paint contrast hits - THEN he looks more than a bit follicly-challenged.

Based on a count from earlier (unpainted) pics, it looks like there's 28 dreds - which is pretty normal for Narin.

So - must be down to the way this was assembled on-site (* phew! *)

No quills?! Funky dreads?! Dreads on the masked portrait look a bit thin also. I know he's getting old but...

Far to expensive anyway :(

The dreds being correctly positioned will fix the "balding" look - if you compare to the unpainted shots, the PAINTED one has been assembled with dreds pointing in the wrong directions - with some even over the backpack (when they are meant to split around it).

Quills IS vexing though. Looks OK without, but I'd prefer WITH.

Core price is fine for something of this size & quality - it's the shipping that is likely to kill it for me.

Shame - I easily passed on the "Bad Blood" prepaint because I already had a couple of the kits (and it was poorly painted) - and I may have to pass on this too. "Gasp, Shock, Horror!" given I have several copies (built & unbuilt) of just about EVERY kit Narin has ever released :lol

Yea, I think we have come to expect as much detail on Preds this big as they can pack in. While I do understand Narin likes to do his own thing and he usually doesn't do quills, I feel like most fans do prefer them because it's just a key trait to most of them. I feel it adds to the realism of the character. Right now, it's gonna be a pass for me, just too much coming out and I will want all the 1/3 Prime Preds next year. It'd be so much easier if all I collected were Pred statues :(

Yea, I think we have come to expect as much detail on Preds this big as they can pack in. While I do understand Narin likes to do his own thing and he usually doesn't do quills, I feel like most fans do prefer them because it's just a key trait to most of them. I feel it adds to the realism of the character. Right now, it's gonna be a pass for me, just too much coming out and I will want all the 1/3 Prime Preds next year. It'd be so much easier if all I collected were Pred statues :(

I guess we could argue that it's the SCALE that is the real driver for individual quills - and any Pred 1:4 scale or larger deserves them.

That's why I'm surprised/disappointed that (so far) they are missing.

I guess we could argue that it's the SCALE that is the real driver for individual quills - and any Pred 1:4 scale or larger deserves them.

That's why I'm surprised/disappointed that (so far) they are missing.

agreed. Hopefully, the push from the fan base will get them on his second try with XM. I'm also hoping the footprint on his 2nd one to be a little smaller. This thing takes up crazy room.

good point about the quills missing in this scale. If they didn't exaggerate the base, i bet the price would be lower.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles

We've received many questions regarding our Predator/Alien line. While heavily inspired by the movies, XM is not making movie accurate replicas/products tagged to any specific movie. Instead we are referencing the comics, novels and expanded worlds of Predators/Aliens, many possibilities of characters who may not even have appeared on film (Now if we took specific movie licenses then we can't explore these amazing possibilities).

There are many excellent movie accurate products on the market so we'd like to bring to collectors more variety, unique, original, artistic versions. Of course, we will still reference heavily from the movies. (incredible source materials!) The current Predator shown at STGCC is inspired largely by the Jungle Predator with long time Predator/Alien sculptor and maestro Narin infusing his personal style with new details, adding a dash of human touch. It's similar to the concept of only one Batman but there are many artistic styles from Jim Lee, Neal Adams, David Finch to Frank Miller etc. This line is simply the XM-Narin style line! We sincerely hope you will like it.

And for those who noticed the Dreadlocks seemed different from the Thailand Comic Con, that's because this painted version is freshly made and we've yet to perfect the positioning of certain pieces (we were distracted by the cute cosplayers around us). The base is also not final and we are soaking in all the feedback to make this piece better. We welcome more feedback and inputs! Its how we roll!

XM Studios News

"We've received many questions regarding our Predator/Alien line. While heavily inspired by the movies, XM is not making movie accurate replicas/products tagged to any specific movie. Instead we are referencing the comics, novels and expanded worlds of Predators/Aliens, many possibilities of characters who may not even have appeared on film (Now if we took specific movie licenses then we can't explore these amazing possibilities).

There are many excellent movie accurate products on the market so we'd like to bring to collectors more variety, unique, original, artistic versions. Of course, we will still reference heavily from the movies. (incredible source materials!) The current Predator shown at STGCC is inspired largely by the Jungle Predator with long time Predator/Alien sculptor and maestro Narin infusing his personal style with new details, adding a dash of human touch. It's similar to the concept of only one Batman but there are many artistic styles from Jim Lee, Neal Adams, David Finch to Frank Miller etc. This line is simply the XM-Narin style line! We sincerely hope you will like it.

And for those who noticed the Dreadlocks seemed different from the Thailand Comic Con, that's because this painted version is freshly made and we've yet to perfect the positioning of certain pieces (we were distracted by the cute cosplayers around us). The base is also not final and we are soaking in all the feedback to make this piece better. We welcome more feedback and inputs! Its how we roll!"

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

XM Studios Premium Collectibles

We've received many questions regarding our Predator/Alien line. While heavily inspired by the movies, XM is not making movie accurate replicas/products tagged to any specific movie. Instead we are referencing the comics, novels and expanded worlds of Predators/Aliens, many possibilities of characters who may not even have appeared on film (Now if we took specific movie licenses then we can't explore these amazing possibilities).

And for those who noticed the Dreadlocks seemed different from the Thailand Comic Con, that's because this painted version is freshly made and we've yet to perfect the positioning of certain pieces (we were distracted by the cute cosplayers around us). The base is also not final and we are soaking in all the feedback to make this piece better. We welcome more feedback and inputs! Its how we roll!

You have to admire a company that:
  1. LISTENS to feedback.
  2. Gives HONEST, SINCERE & SENSIBLE EXPLANATIONS.
  3. ACTIONS CHANGES based on feedback.

Thanks for sharing BOTH of you!

So grateful they have this approach.

Yeah that's what attracted me to XM in the first place. Well sure they make great products but It's the way they interact with and listen to fans that puts them ahead of other companies. They are always happy to take feedback on board. Good or bad. And the owners will often reply to you personally if you ask. Sadly very few other companies are that open to engaging with thier customers.

Yes if they are unable to offer a statue to a certain area it's to do with licence restrictions. I know they want to be able to offer their statues to the whole world and hope to be able to do that one day. That's why they did Top Cow, Batman Samurai line and now the 1/6 DC line to be able to sell world wide and hope to be able to offer more in future when they pick up the neccessary licenses.

I know they were pushing very hard to try and make it worldwide. But since there hasn't been any announcement about that happening, I would assume at this stage that it's Asia only. However, there's a slim chance they could be saving the announcement for STGCC.

Rebecca - please post your vid HERE as well - it's the best one out there!

(* I would have done it but didn't want to seem rude *)

I just noticed both sets of dreds have different bands on them, talk about options. I guess the left arm has the spear only? The only thing potentially more daunting than the price is the overall size. Nice vid Sisko.

Yes if they are unable to offer a statue to a certain area it's to do with licence restrictions. I know they want to be able to offer their statues to the whole world and hope to be able to do that one day. That's why they did Top Cow, Batman Samurai line and now the 1/6 DC line to be able to sell world wide and hope to be able to offer more in future when they pick up the neccessary licenses.

Thanks.

Back