XM 1/6 X-Men HUGE Sentinel Battle Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There ARE a lot of collectors out there but they are going to have to 1) be X Men fans, 2) be rich, and 3) have a space large enough to fit this monster. I personally don't think it is a big number but I agree with you that I am probably low. I wonder what the final number will be though - maybe it is more in the 250 range.

I think you forgot 4) be interested in these particular characters. Let's face it... this isn't exactly a dream team.

$4600US with current conversion. Anybody's guess what shipping will be. Some are thinking another $1500US on top of that.

About $4 to $5 K then huh?

Time to start pinching dollars.
Le Sigh,
ffd43395ae7c9039a4d56f8e8da3e78f.jpg

Substitute HIDE with SELL and that's how you fund this piece!! [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Simply Amazing!! but if they had the A-List characters (Wolverine, Magneto, etc) this would be an all time epic piece

Character choice is a bit weird. I'd dare to say, almost randomic, like if they did the ones they were allowed to do and pulled the others... which is a shame if true, since so much energy went into this project.

It's funny how people used the vague XM xmen post from last year to further claim that marvel is blocking all xmen/FF stuff from being made even though that's never actually been the case. And now XM has started releasing new xmen stuff and I don't see those folks around.

Anyway...the character choice is odd but it's possible there's a reason for it. Could be that there's additional costs in using other characters or limits on them. The xmen licensing stuff is crazy complex.

OK then I'm next

Or we pick a city in the middle of all of us and rent out an office and give keys to everyone. Equal visitation rights.

That could work too :rotfl

Character choice is a bit weird. I'd dare to say, almost randomic, like if they did the ones they were allowed to do and pulled the others... which is a shame if true, since so much energy went into this project.

Isn't that how it is? I thought they had other characters lined up for this then they learned there were some they couldn't use so they had to scrap them and bring in others that WERE allowed? Might be mistaken.

It's funny how people used the vague XM xmen post from last year to further claim that marvel is blocking all xmen/FF stuff from being made even though that's never actually been the case. And now XM has started releasing new xmen stuff and I don't see those folks around.

Anyway...the character choice is odd but it's possible there's a reason for it. Could be that there's additional costs in using other characters or limits on them. The xmen licensing stuff is crazy complex.

XM was told to put all Xmen products on hold... Then they were told they could go ahead. As for the character changes Marvel said change them and don't use these guys at all. Pure and simple.

Isn't that how it is? I thought they had other characters lined up for this then they learned there were some they couldn't use so they had to scrap them and bring in others that WERE allowed? Might be mistaken.

Marvel released the hold they had put in the XMen for XMen, and the Dio was given the go, but there were character limitations put on the license. As of the last time I heard Gambit, Rogue, NightCrawler, and at least one other we're off limits

Yeah, it's not that complicated to figure out. XM just finally got the go-ahead from Marvel but still with some restrictions on characters and licensing area. Still wish the characters in this dio were different. As it is, I just can't fork over that much money if I'm not 100% into it.

That part is not speculation or hearsay, Disney did block the X Men as much as they could. Comic writers confirmed that they were asked to reduce the X Men (and Fantastic Four) presence to the bone for years, in the comic stories.
So their comic presence was reduced a ton, they also pulled all kind of merchandise, not just high end collectibles (that really are the tip of the iceberg in the merchandise market), but every kind of toy, X Men and F4 were reduced a lot.

Also, it's not just XM. Sideshow had pieces like Emma Frost and Jean Grey approved long before the block and they went on preorder too before the block, but after those, there has been a long hiatus. They had Phoenix approved for years, you can track back a Phoenix comiquette project to 5-6 years ago. You go back 6 months, after the Dark Phoenix PF preorder, and Alex was stating that they had absolutely no other X Men piece planned for 2016. Then a couple months later, they resurrected the Wolverine vs Hulk dio and now she stated that there is a chance for a Green Phoenix PF variant (something that was officially stated to be impossible at the beginning of this year).
About at the same time, XM's X Men pieces were green lighted again too. That's not coincidence, Disney has been slowly releasing the hold throughout the last year.

Problem with the X Men, imho, is that they're not like the Avengers. Most of the main Avengers have been done and re-done, also you can mix and match them up easily, leave out one character, add another, you still have a coherent "Avengers group".
The X Men, yeah you can group them randomly and you still have the "X Men" display, but I think they work better split into their specific teams. Classic teams, Brotherhood team, X Force team, and so on.
And throughout the years, Marvel pretty much made this impossible across various companies by allowing and blocking characters or asking for specific art styles to be followed that made it hard to mix them up for the differences in costumes.
At least for a project like this dio I hoped they'd be a bit more flexible with character choice. The very meaning of a diorama with multiple characters is to display them all together, so character selection is key.

So is this "Block" of the xmen and FF by Disney (Marvel) an attempt to limit exposure of these characters in order to hurt FOX and ultimately regain the full rights to these characters?

So is this "Block" of the xmen and FF by Disney (Marvel) an attempt to limit exposure of these characters in order to hurt FOX and ultimately regain the full rights to these characters?

Exactly. This all has to do with movie rights and forcing Fox to the negotiating table. Misney wants back control of the X-MEN & FF on film.

How is Psylocke supposed to be supported when only her toes are touching? Unlike Phoenix, it doesn't seem like you can run a rod all the way up the leg. Looks like the best you can do is get it to her ankle.

How is Psylocke supposed to be supported when only her toes are touching? Unlike Phoenix, it doesn't seem like you can run a rod all the way up the leg. Looks like the best you can do is get it to her ankle.

It's probably a bent rod from her foot into her leg.

Yeah character choice is odd. I wouldn't make this statue until I secure the rights to the original team for this piece.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back