Xensation Collectible : Double Face 1/6 action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Here's my slightly modded figure...

- had to cut some of the bulk out of the fatsuit around the back, and completely cut off the bottom of the front section so his suit would close properly...
- sewed up his suit front (not sure how long that is gonna stay closed)
- swapped his left shoe for a "cowboy-ish" one I got.
- blue-tacked his coin to his thumb so it looked like he was about to flip it...
- stood him on my spare Batman 1989 hot toys stand

Altogether much better than when I first got him... When the Batman Returns Batman arrives I'm going to put them together with Jack Nicolson Joker to create a "Tim Burton Trilogy" display to match my "Chris Nolan Trilogy" display exactly...

I've just decided, finally, to add a two-Face to my collection, and I'm getting this one. I'm a bit puzzled though...because I didn't like Tommy Lee Jones's performance as Two-Face in Batman Forever. And I did like Aaron Eckhart's performance as Two-Face in The Dark Knight.

So why is it that I like this version of Two-Face better than the Hot Toys Aaron Eckhart version? For some reason the ultra-realistic Eckhart Two-Face concept just doesn't do it for me visually. It just doesn't look like a Batman villain to me. For some reason Tommy Lee Jones just looks more villainous. And Jones just seems tougher in general. Eckhart's Two-Face always struck me as more a victim than a bad guy. The drab damaged suit Eckhart wore isn't interesting at all either. I think Tommy Lee's went a little overboard, but I still prefer it to Eckhart's. And when you look at the evil smile the Tommy Lee figure has on his scarred side, it's just no contest. Poor Eckhart just looks like a deer in headlights.

I love this figure. Looks great in the display. Just wish it was on a better body...thats my only nit pick...

Back