Xensation AF16 - 1/6 The Hunter!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened the box, and he looks pretty impressive.

32968361364_9a35b6c272_o.jpg

33770953456_6f100a0732_o.jpg

Putting together I was really impressed with this. Not movie accurate by any means, as there are issues such as the pistol and rifle being wrong; the shot flask (or leather covered powder flask) having a short nozzle; and the tooth coat fastener has been glued into the cotton the wrong way up.

I struggled through the film once and don't remember the pocket watch. On the costume the chain has something else attached to it it. But Xensation have provided a very nice metal pocket watch with bevelled 'glass' and a period style dial.

leo.jpg

However, as a figure of an 1820s-ish mountain man, I think he's pretty stunning.

33655668092_946b3295dc_o.jpg

33811899715_f8cae4d7ea_o.jpg

The horizontal lines in the fabric of the coat, which show up more in photos, can be removed/lessened by simply brushing the fabric downwards with your fingers.

... but these head sculpt pics are awful.

That's an added bonus. It's one more thing that separates the figure from the film.

But then it doesn't really resemble the real Hugh Glass either.

Hugh-Glass.jpg

The figure is what it is, and what I wanted. And only got released because there was a film. Not so good if you're looking for an accurate representation from the movie itself.

The box is nice too.

33016717823_3e6b9eb5c1_o.jpg

And I just realized it has the Bobo Studio logo on it as well: the name under which the Kingsman figures, upcoming blue Ghost Rider and a 1/6 tent appear.

Xensation/Bobo/Asmus?

Yesterday I received mine.
Photos of the hs so far, don't do justice to how good the hs is.
I would prefer if it had rooted hair, but that's a small complaint by me.
A bigger complaint would be that the boots are HUGE.
On the other hand joints are very stiff and not loose (very nice),
but I think the shoulder joints hinder somehow the articulation as its not easy to hold and aim with the rifle.
Last I noticed there is a black tshirt under his shirt probably for protecting the body from possible color stains.
This is a path that most 1/6 companies should follow.

Now to main the subject of my post:
Has anyone noticed that in the prototype pictures the tooth? and pocket-watch were on the right of the coat
proto.jpg

while the product in hand has them hanging from the left side of the coat
actual.jpg

Which side is the correct for them to be hanging from?

Now to main the subject of my post:
Has anyone noticed that in the prototype pictures the tooth? and pocket-watch were on the right of the coat

while the product in hand has them hanging from the left side of the coat

Which side is the correct for them to be hanging from?

I think the tooth is in effect a button for keeping the two halves of his coat together. It's fastened to the correct side on the production figure, but there is nothing to slot it into on the other side of the coat.

It's also been glued into the thread upside down, and it isn't easy, due to the short length of the thread, to turn it so that the point is downwards (which is how it would function on the real coat, being pushed down point first into a loop).

As for the watch I think it's a complete invention. It looks like the same pocket watch that comes with Asmus' John Ruth. On DiCpario's costume the chain had something else attached to the end of it.

I haven't noticed that the boots are oversized, but there were intended to keep his feet warm!

Nevertheless, I still really like this figure. It looks very impressive on display, not in my mind as a recreation of what we saw on screen, but as a depiction of a mountain man of the period.

(The John Ruth figure, incidentally, looks to be another impressive one from the in hand review).

I ordered the common one you can find on eBay and anywhere online really... it arrived today and it's blown me away! It's really elevated this figure to a personal favourite of mine now. Again, sorry for the side pics but I'm on my phone doing this Sony guys can have a look :wink1:

IMG_5856.jpgIMG_5857.jpgIMG_5859.jpgIMG_5851.jpgIMG_5860.jpg

Final piece looks quite a bit different from the prototype and promo shots

This is my Hunter with a custom hs found in ebay:
f13479236ebb742c8f6fe7193d907462.tif

d18f65848c02fc1dce58b3faf92adc81.tif

I think the likeness is a little better but it is too "clean". I would like to able to do some good "damage" to it...

Back