Xensation AF16 - 1/6 The Hunter!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without all the clothes I don't think I really would have guessed the actor. Overall it good and with some touch ups it could be a great figure.

The raw sculpt is 100x better looking than the painted version for some reason. I don't care for a figure from this film but I immediately thought of a Wildling custom from GOT when I saw the raw sculpt. I just hope they are not diverting the sculptors from finishing the Fellowship! We need Legolas and Gimli and Boromir stat!

It's another one of those dull, depressing movies that doesn't warrant a figure yet gets one anyway.

The upside is that as a random early nineteenth century mountain man it's an interesting looking figure. Therefore, being a non-licensed and cheaper release makes it more attractive.

I think the sculpt is pretty good actually, from the second close up photo I recognized it being Leo and then figured out it was from The Revenant. Not a movie I've ever seen or would want a figure of, but looks pretty decent.

Not terrible, could use a bit of work around the eyes I think, but overall, decent.

I think the sculpt is pretty good actually, from the second close up photo I recognized it being Leo and then figured out it was from The Revenant. Not a movie I've ever seen or would want a figure of, but looks pretty decent.

Surprisingly good movie.

Based on the sculpting pics the head sculpt they're using is really good but the paint is definitely letting it down - I assumed it was a recast of the Easy & Simple head sculpt at first with the hair sculpted onto it.

I think once wounds etc are added on the xsensation head will look great.

I picked up the Easy & Simple head a while back with the intention of turning it into a revenant bash. Will probably still use the sculpt I have and add some real hair to it, and use the clothing from the xsensation set.

Easy & Simple with stock paint:
leo easy simple.jpg

Easy & Simple repainted:
14225513_10154240624701886_8159237569405362079_n.jpg

With a repaint the xsensation head sculpt is going to be the best out there - as long as the cast pics posted up earlier earlier are actually the ones they ended up using in the final product.

Easy & Simple repainted:
View attachment 290108

With a repaint the xsensation head sculpt is going to be the best out there - as long as the cast pics posted up earlier earlier are actually the ones they ended up using in the final product.

That is a really good repaint. I love that. Waiting to see the actual sculpt when released, as anything can happen yet.

The scheduled release was Q4 2016.
I haven't received any notice to pay the rest of my preorder, so it's probably not ready yet.

Back