Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone need a free code for Lost and Damned? I realized the Liberty City expansion disk is out, but if someone wants it, just PM. Moving and one less thing to pack

Im new to all thsi HD stuff. Ive had a 360 for a couple of years now (love it) but i could never afford a HD tv. Well its my birthday soon and i might be getting a HD tv just for my gaming and i was wondering what i will need to fully experiance the 360's HD capabilities as im told it didnt come with everything it needs out of the box? I only have the standard cable that came with it. Isnt that gonna let me use the HD stuff?

Im new to all thsi HD stuff. Ive had a 360 for a couple of years now (love it) but i could never afford a HD tv. Well its my birthday soon and i might be getting a HD tv just for my gaming and i was wondering what i will need to fully experiance the 360's HD capabilities as im told it didnt come with everything it needs out of the box? I only have the standard cable that came with it. Isnt that gonna let me use the HD stuff?

If you don't have an ELITE System, then get the Component Cables (red, white, yellow, blue, green). If you DO have an ELITE, then just get an HDMI cable. That's pretty much it.

OH, I think they have Component/HDMI conversion tools and switches, not too sure that on though

If you don't have an ELITE System, then get the Component Cables (red, white, yellow, blue, green). If you DO have an ELITE, then just get an HDMI cable. That's pretty much it.

OH, I think they have Component/HDMI conversion tools and switches, not too sure that on though

No elite here, just the regular 20-gig one. It came with the red white yellow blue and green cables though.

No elite here, just the regular 20-gig one. It came with the red white yellow blue and green cables though.

Yea, then you should get the Component Cables, hook that up, then go to the video section of the xbox setup and run the auto-detect video settings thingy. That should fit the video fit for your TV. Congrats, HD makes everything better

So that just makes the pictrue fit the tv? Does it make the picture quality better or something too?

Well, you probably have it to to FullScreen with 480i if you don't alreayd have an HDTV, the system will probably switch it to Widescreen and turn it to 720p (unless you get a 1080p TV, then it will switch it to that) automatically.

Now I'm having some problems with my 360. I've always had it hooked up with HDMI on my Gf's LCD, but now that I plugged it into my Samsung DLP...nothing. I keep getting "not compatible mode" on the screen when I connect it to the HDMI port. If I plug in the RCA cable it works perfectly fine. Any suggestions on what I can do??

Hmmmm.....I would try flipping the cable around, or trying another cable...there might be a setting onthe TV that you need to turn on (my buddy has a tv like that)

Now I'm having some problems with my 360. I've always had it hooked up with HDMI on my Gf's LCD, but now that I plugged it into my Samsung DLP...nothing. I keep getting "not compatible mode" on the screen when I connect it to the HDMI port. If I plug in the RCA cable it works perfectly fine. Any suggestions on what I can do??

You need the new Justin Beiber collection cables. :lol

Try having the TV in a different input and then turn on the Xbox--wait for a minute and then switch the input to the HDMI that the Xbox is connected to and see if it loads.

On my particular monitor/TV sometimes if I turn on the Xbox and then immediately switch to that input it won't be able to display the signal at all until I restart.

Managed to fix the video problems with the HDMI. I had to hook it up to the other TV and mess with the auto settings. No I've got no freaking audio. I've got it running through an Onkyo SR605 receiver, but never had problems with my old 360 or even my PS3. I think I"m going to have to bust out the stupid optical dongle to try and get sound out of it.

Back