Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine fixed for free after it was two and half years old.
Sony on the other hand charge $150 after a year, so Microsoft are not as money grabbing as we think

Oh I'm sure MS would charge for all repairs if there wasn't legal ramifications. How many times have they changed their warranty just to keep customers??:rolleyes:

Well its not really right, if the PS3 failure rate was half as bad as the 360s I'm sure Sony would revise their warranty as well. Either way, Epic fails on both systems because we shouldn't have to worry about either one of them crapping out on us at any point.

I honestly can't complain about Microsoft's service. My first 360 Elite got the red ring of death just shy of two years after purchase. I sent it in for repair and they replaced it with a new console in less than a week.

Well, that console just got the RROD after a good 12 months and they've now shipped over yet another replacement free of charge. It seems as though your warranty starts over with replacement consoles.

So, even if the consoles had a relatively high rate of failure, a free replacement every other year or so more than makes up for that small inconvenience. For me, anyways.

I need a 360 owner's help: Is the 360 fully backwards compatible with original Gen. 1 XBox games?

I need a 360 owner's help: Is the 360 fully backwards compatible with original Gen. 1 XBox games?

300+ original xbox games. But some of the older ones won't work on the 360. Theres a list over at Gamespot.com

300+ original xbox games. But some of the older ones won't work on the 360. Theres a list over at Gamespot.com

That's for the reply!!

I know NOTHING about the 360 and figured that this is the place to ask. I own a PS3, but I'm thinking of getting a 360 as long as it can play my Buffy games. :rock

That's for the reply!!

I know NOTHING about the 360 and figured that this is the place to ask. I own a PS3, but I'm thinking of getting a 360 as long as it can play my Buffy games. :rock

If you have questions feel free to ask, and I will try to help you out the best I can.

Buffy and Buffy: Chaos Bleeds are compatible! :rock However, according to the Microsoft website, it says an emulator download is required. Is that something you can download for free in the XBox Marketplace?

Buffy and Buffy: Chaos Bleeds are compatible! :rock However, according to the Microsoft website, it says an emulator download is required. Is that something you can download for free in the XBox Marketplace?

Yes, it is free. If I remember correctly, when you put an Xbox title in your 360, it will ask you to login to Live so it can do its download.

playstation 3, its better :lol

:lol I already own one! :rock (And love it!) I know it will probably sound a little stupid, but the only reason I want a 360 is to play the original Buffy game. I kept the Buffy game from my original XBox when I sold it, in hopes that one day I would get a 360.

^^^Loved both of the Buffy games for the Xbox. You should check to make sure its backwards compatible on the 360. Otherwise just go buy another used Xbox. (I still have two of them for Steel Battalion)

^^^Loved both of the Buffy games for the Xbox. You should check to make sure its backwards compatible on the 360. Otherwise just go buy another used Xbox. (I still have two of them for Steel Battalion)

It says they were, so I might just take the plunge. The only thing it said was you need an emulator, but I guess that's an easy fix. I probably won't dive in right away, but hopefully soon.

I want to buy an Elite but I'm going to wait it out a bit. I don't really care for the games in the holiday bundle and I have plenty of PS3 games to keep me busy for now.

Plus I want to wait until E3 to see what's going on with the new Xbox 360 that's supposed to be out in the fall. It had better have built-in Wi-Fi.

If you can afford the elite get the elite, its the newer system and hopefully less prone to die on you, I have the Halo 3 green Xbox 360 and both buffy games play perfectly on that.

playstation 3, its better :lol

ah, hehe.................hmm.......:D

Owning a PS3, original 360 and Elite; if you gotta go 360 route, Elite all the way. Dude, that original Buffy game is the reason I got the original Xbox, and no regrets. For buffy fans, its pretty awesome. part 2 is good too, but play the original first

Back