Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that f'ing sucks, it's like these damn things know whenever a big game is coming out! :monkey4 Sorry dude. :(

Sorry to hear that man !. I hope you can get something sorted out.

Thanks fellas. This really blows :monkey2

I'm gonna call them tomorrow and hear what they can do but i'm leaning more towards just getting an Elite and just save me any further trouble.

This day has been awesome. First my stereo breaks down and now my Xbox got the RROD :banghead And i'm getting Modern Warfare in the mail tomorrow :emperor Typical. So i don't know if i should get it fixed or just say ???? it and get a new one. I have the old 20GB version and it's had the RROD once before.

Sounds like you had an awesome day indeed lol. Sorry to hear that dude. I say if it's still under warranty, get it fixed then sell it on craigslist or ebay or even Game Stop and use what ever money you get for it to fund a new one.

Dude that sucks! I feel ya man... I'm right there too... mine has been dead for months, I just haven't been able to afford to send it back for repair.

This day has been awesome. First my stereo breaks down and now my Xbox got the RROD :banghead And i'm getting Modern Warfare in the mail tomorrow :emperor Typical. So i don't know if i should get it fixed or just say ???? it and get a new one. I have the old 20GB version and it's had the RROD once before.

I say fawk it and get a new one, if you can that is!! I'll pour one out for the old one!!

Sorry to hear that Iron!! The RROD is always hard for a hardcore gamer!

That's freaking crazy. Are people really that cheap??? My friend is all into modding stuff and I laughed at him when his modded 360 RROD on him and he had to buy a brand new one because he couldn't send it in for warranty work (He already tried every "Fix" that's on the internet).

Yep they are. Look how many people DL movies, music, games, used cracked software etc... The figure why pay for it when I can get if for free.

I dont understand why people dont get the extended warranty that say Best Buy has. I bought it for and extra $60 bucks and im on my 4th xbox...I dont even care. I hope this one breaks also. With the warranty you walk in say I got RROD and you grab another one and walk out. They even let you swap your hard drive so you dont lose all your saves. Simple as that.

As for all those people getting banned...well thats what they get.

I bought the elite version when it came out - never have had any issues with it ever...works great. Yet, my brother and others here have gone thru many........

I dont understand why people dont get the extended warranty that say Best Buy has. I bought it for and extra $60 bucks and im on my 4th xbox...I dont even care. I hope this one breaks also. With the warranty you walk in say I got RROD and you grab another one and walk out. They even let you swap your hard drive so you dont lose all your saves. Simple as that.

As for all those people getting banned...well thats what they get.

Do you need to keep the box and everything?? I usually do, but for some reason I have no idea where my 360 box is.

That's freaking crazy. Are people really that cheap??? My friend is all into modding stuff and I laughed at him when his modded 360 RROD on him and he had to buy a brand new one because he couldn't send it in for warranty work (He already tried every "Fix" that's on the internet).

I can afford to pay $70 for a game but, half a year into owning my 360 then finding out their systems are failing on people, i said F' it all!, i got my system flashed and my games were free from friends or i paid $10-15 at most for games.I can't understand why some games cost $70 and can be finnished in less then an hour.Thats a rip off IMO, especially the games with zero replay value.I am not getting suckered when that extra money can go to figures or food,bills, movies etc.

WooHoo...my second RROD. :banghead Thank you, M$, well made console you have there.

Yeah I read about that later in a blog. No more worries from me though. I plan on trading it in to Gamestop or selling it on craigslist before Xmas. Sorry, but I'm just gonna wash my hands of this fun, but mediocre hardware.

~~Should I keep the hard drive in case I decide to pick up another one??? Is there a way to completely wipe the drive so nobody can use my stuff thats on it??

I got mine fixed for free after it was two and half years old.
Sony on the other hand charge $150 after a year, so Microsoft are not as money grabbing as we think

Back