Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cuss:cuss:cuss:cuss:cuss:cuss:cuss 4th RROD!!!! :banghead :monkey2
dsc7255.jpg

If that's really a picture of your system then that is not the RROD. The RROD is actually only 3 lights, not 4.

It seems that you just have a connection problem.

If that's really a picture of your system then that is not the RROD. The RROD is actually only 3 lights, not 4.

I was thinking the same thing when i saw that. I thought RROD was supposed to be 3 rings and not 4 and if you had all 4 it was a connection issue. is the top right ring actually lit there though? it's hard to tell.

I was thinking the same thing when i saw that. I thought RROD was supposed to be 3 rings and not 4 and if you had all 4 it was a connection issue. is the top right ring actually lit there though? it's hard to tell.

:lol Thanks for the spotters eyes guys! It's actually indeed the RROD. The 4th light is not on although on the pic it looks like it. :D
5910331756jpc.jpg

UPS picked it up today so it's on it's way to the repair factory. I just hope it will be back in a weeks time, but they said it could take up to 2 or 3 weeks.

What has worked for me to avoid the red rings.....Put the xbox on top of something other than carpet, then leave it in a wide open space, mine's usually in front of the tv on top of a wood block. Once I did that, BINGO BAMO, no more red rings. When I had it inside of the entertainment center, I got it twice. Since I moved it, I've had no problems. You can hear the system spin and work a little more, but no more red rings.

Well Just got an E74 error on my elite (One red light) after only a year or purchase. Before this I had XBOX Pro for 2 years that I sent in for repairs 5 times. I post this info not so much to bash Microsoft, as I love thier XBOX when its working, but more as further testimony that Microsoft HAS NOT fixed thier Design problems with these things burning up.

I am on my same one - only time I saw the red lights: storm knocked out power....damn, sorry to hear it. My brothers gone through 2 or 3 whereas I have been lucky. No issues for me (so far)

Well Just got an E74 error on my elite (One red light) after only a year or purchase. Before this I had XBOX Pro for 2 years that I sent in for repairs 5 times. I post this info not so much to bash Microsoft, as I love thier XBOX when its working, but more as further testimony that Microsoft HAS NOT fixed thier Design problems with these things burning up.

That's true, they haven't fixed the cooling problem at all. It only has two puny fans to cool off the whole thing and that's not enough.

I've had my first 360 since launch and still have yet to have a problem with it. My Red Elite hasn't had any problems either. I must be one of the few lucky ones.

I'm on my fifth Xbox 360 and thats making a lot of noise lately. But I couldn't live without it.....well I could, but life would be a little grayer.

I've had my first 360 since launch and still have yet to have a problem with it. My Red Elite hasn't had any problems either. I must be one of the few lucky ones.

I had mine for 2 1/2 years and I used to say that and then ROD.
But I must say Microsoft still fixed it for free which was pretty good.
The problem is that the 360 came out way too early. Now I will only buy exclusive Xbox games, any muti format games that come out, I will get for my PS3

Microsoft have been great with all of my Xbox woes. They have even reset the warranty on the second from last replacement.

I had mine for 2 1/2 years and I used to say that and then ROD.
But I must say Microsoft still fixed it for free which was pretty good.
The problem is that the 360 came out way too early. Now I will only buy exclusive Xbox games, any muti format games that come out, I will get for my PS3

I never do that. Most multiplatform games end up running worse on the PS3. Skate 2, Need for Speed Undercover (I definately know those two run worse on the PS3), R6 Vegas 2, Fallout 3 and Half-Life Orange Box just to name a few. That said Mirror's Edge does look and run better on PS3.

I only get exclusives and fighting games on my PS3 because the d-pad on the 360 is a piece of ^^^^.

I never do that. Most multiplatform games end up running worse on the PS3. Skate 2, Need for Speed Undercover (I definately know those two run worse on the PS3), R6 Vegas 2, Fallout 3 and Half-Life Orange Box just to name a few. That said Mirror's Edge does look and run better on PS3.

I only get exclusives and fighting games on my PS3 because the d-pad on the 360 is a piece of ^^^^.

Yep i only get exclusives on ps3 anything else is 360 as i love my 360 :banana

Skate 1 is better on the Xbox and Skate 2 is better on the PS3.
But on both accounts it's so marginal it's not even worth arguing about.

Back