Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's also possible to fix the RROD problem on systems, although it involves opening up the console and fooling with stuff. I think mainly adding some washers and stuff to the motherboard.

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but **** yeah!!!! 360 controller WITH RUMBLE on the PS3!! And turbo on any button!

Cross Battle Adapter Brings Xbox 360 Controller to PS3, With Rumble

Thank god!! I can finally get a man-sized controller to play with and have rumble!! So ordering one tomorrow!!

I got a PS3 two months ago and just started playing games on it last week. My first game was Resistance, and I hated it at first because I was so used to the 360 controller. I've gotten used to the controller though, and the game was a lot of fun.

I no longer have my 360, but the controller is definitely the best I've ever played with.

Forgive my ignorance but I was wondering what do Achivement Points do? I know it has somthing to do with Xbox Live (which I don't have... yet) but what spcifically are they for?

Each game has a set amount of Achievement Points, with most retail games having 1000 and some having more with expansion packs for the game. And XBL Arcade games have between 50-500 points.

And it has nothing to do with XBL. It just shows how far you've come along in you games.

They are really just more like bragging rights among you and your friends.

Each game has a set amount of Achievement Points, with most retail games having 1000 and some having more with expansion packs for the game. And XBL Arcade games have between 50-500 points.

And it has nothing to do with XBL. It just shows how far you've come along in you games.

They are really just more like bragging rights among you and your friends.

Cool! Thanks for the info.

Forgive my ignorance but I was wondering what do Achivement Points do? I know it has somthing to do with Xbox Live (which I don't have... yet) but what spcifically are they for?

They unlock things that u can use online in some games...Example- halo 3... You can unlock different armors by getting certain achievments.

No Joke: Oblivion DLC Half Price, Horse Armour Double Price
Written Wednesday, April 01, 2009 by Dan Webb

It's not very often you get an e-mail off Bethesda title "Oblivion sale excitement," but today was one of those days. Naturally, because it's April Fool's Day, you assume it's one of the many unfunny pranks, but after a little digging on the Marketplace, it is in fact genuine. The e-mail read:

"In celebration of the arrival of April, the wackiness of April Fool’s Day, and the upcoming 3rd anniversary of the release of Horse Armor (Friday, April 3), we are pleased to announce that for the next week all Oblivion DLC for Xbox 360 is half price, except for Horse Armor, which is twice as much as usual. So if you’ve been waiting for just the right moment to get The Vile Lair, or Knights of the Nine, or Shivering Isles, now is the time."

So if you've not picked up Shivering Isles yet which now costs only 1,200 points, now's your chance. Ha, and who said nothing good came from April 1st? Oh, that was me.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2468-No-Joke--Oblivion-DLC-Half-Price--Horse-Armour-Double-Price.html

:cuss:cuss:cuss:cuss:cuss:cuss:cuss 4th RROD!!!! :banghead :monkey2
dsc7255.jpg

i got my first xbox on day 1 that it was out..since that time i have gone through 6 of them!! all had the red ring of death!

i've had my 6th one for almost 2 years now and haven't had any problems yet!! hope it stays this way!

i got my first xbox on day 1 that it was out..since that time i have gone through 6 of them!! all had the red ring of death!

i've had my 6th one for almost 2 years now and haven't had any problems yet!! hope it stays this way!

my case is similiar except only 4 or 5 but like you the last one they repaired (about a year and a half ago) has been working fine.

My launch 360 is running perfect and gets used almost every day.

My Elite for work is running perfect and gets used every day (yes i game too much sue me) :lol

My brother has gone through 2 360's difference? his were inside a unit that had space to get air but my 2 are out in the open with plenty of air something in it? not sure to be honet but his PS3 had a HDD failure aswell.

My PS3 is fine but you know now i've posted i'll be back saying all 3 have blown up. :lol

Yea, saw your message the other day. Man, you just keep having bad luck with those red rings. Do you leave it on for long periods of time or something else that can cause it to red-ring out???

Nope. It's only on when I play games. It's already packed and it's going to MS tomorrow or Thursday.:monkey2

Last edited:
My launch 360 is running perfect and gets used almost every day.

My Elite for work is running perfect and gets used every day (yes i game too much sue me) :lol

My brother has gone through 2 360's difference? his were inside a unit that had space to get air but my 2 are out in the open with plenty of air something in it? not sure to be honet but his PS3 had a HDD failure aswell.

My PS3 is fine but you know now i've posted i'll be back saying all 3 have blown up. :lol

I keep my units in wide open air space as well. That may have something to do with keeping them runnng longer. I have not had a problem with my launch system or my elite either ( knocks on wood ).

I'm still paranoid about my 360 rrod'ing on me and mine's a Jasper. I have it in a wide open space sitting on top of 2 books to better allow air to pass through the vents on the bottom.

I noticed the other day when playing my sister's Slim PS2, her PS2 ran warmer than my 360 after only 10 mins of gameplay and she just got her PS2 brand new about 3 weeks ago. Does that mean my 360 is running exceptionally cool or does the PS2 run warmer than the 360?

Back