Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Microsoft loses their job over this. In all honesty, this is the worst console reveal that I have ever seen.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's absolutely going to have to be changed in future models. The internet connection issue is going to be a major thorn in their side for a good while. There has been nothing but negative heat all over the internet since Sony showed their cards.

I'm actually under the impression that Microsoft does not want to change this. With Windows games, an Internet connection is mandatory - especially on Steam. Microsoft probably felt the need to bring a similar type of experience for their next console. But, boy did they fail to analyze their customers correctly. What works for their PC customers is obviously not kosher with console gamers - given all the heat that they've gotten in the past several days.

Especially since people may have dodgy internet connections. What if they can't make a connection in the time allowed. Are they just ****ed until their internet decides to work?

Honestly, I think microsoft wants out of the console business and set the xbox one up as the epic fail the needed to get out of it alltogether

Especially since people may have dodgy internet connections. What if they can't make a connection in the time allowed. Are they just ****ed until their internet decides to work?

Yup. That's exactly it. And that's exactly what happens with Steam when Time Warner Cable periodically shuts off my Internet for updates.

Interesting conspiracy theory. But I can't see them flushing millions just to pull out now. It isn't like Xbox hasn't been successful.

and i cant see how this is good for developers when the only way they generate extra revenue with the software is if someone buys a physical copy of the game and then trades it in for resell, thus incurring DRM fees, when Microsoft is clearly pushing day one digital downloads of the Xbox one games.

One things for certain, a bunch of people are going to get thrown under the bus over this and lose their jobs.

True the x-box 360 has been a seller, but the profit margin on the hardware is tiny, When the 360 first launched they were bleeding cash, as they could not afford to sell the 360 for what it cost to make and still be competitive.

Wow, I was actually wrong about Steam! I did some searching online, and it appears that it does enable the use of an offline mode - but it has to be activated manually, after all of your games are fully updated. Man, even Windows games are more user-friendly than the X-Box One :lol.

MS are being *******s with their latest Comments

First they ruin the Xbox with their first Conference..

then tried to explain it in another news article after the backlash

and now they're saying "Stick with the 360"

.. it just means that consumers Don't matter
restricting people is not the future.. remove it & people will jump aboard

I'll buy the X1 the second the business model is changed to match PS4.

But that recent comment from MS is freaking asanine.

MS, you want my money, give me what I want, not what you think I should have, you're not freaking Steve Jobs.

Respect your customers, respect hard working parents who want nothing but for their kids to be happy, don't nickle and dime us and guess what.

WE'LL BUY YOUR PRODUCT!

How freaking hard is that too understand!

I would love to own 2 consoles like I do now.

Last edited:
Wow, I was actually wrong about Steam! I did some searching online, and it appears that it does enable the use of an offline mode - but it has to be activated manually, after all of your games are fully updated. Man, even Windows games are more user-friendly than the X-Box One :lol.

You don't have to set anything, if you try to load a game and it detects no internet it'll just ask if you want to play in off-line mode. It just can't synch your saved games with the cloud if the data is stored online.

I'll buy the X1 the second the business model is changed to match PS4.

But that recent comment from MS is freaking asanine.

MS, you want my money, give me what I want, not what you think I should have, you're not freaking Steve Jobs.

Respect your customers, respect hard working parents who nothing but for their kids to be happy, don't nickle and dime us and guess what.

WE'LL BUY YOUR PRODUCT!

How freaking hard is that too understand!

I would love to own 2 consoles like I do now.

tumblr_ly9i6pQpRy1qabopy.gif

5 by 5.
I'll wait a year to see how the systems are running and what games there r before I buy a new system

Respect your customers, respect hard working parents who want nothing but for their kids to be happy, don't nickle and dime us and guess what.

The problem is, most parents are morons when it comes to games they buy their kids (buying thier ten year olds kids R rated games, then complaine the game is violent). So parents will buy this console for their kids without knowing all the stupid restrictions and what's mandatory for it to work. The little kids who want the system probably wont have a clue about the stupid specs either. So parents will buy the Xbox One for their kids, then when they get it home, they'll be like "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS".:lecture

Back