Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Xbox 720 or Next Generation Console

Why are they even bothering? PC gaming will dominate all consoles by the time it gets released.

:monkey3

I fully believe we'll be seeing a new system from Microsoft for the fact that they are DYING to release a Kinect 2. I don't think Microsoft has the guts to release a Kinect 2 for 360 so they are willing to make a whole new system to release it for.

you sure about that?

Hmmm! The whole used game thing does not really bother me.
As i usually always buy game new.

The thing that bothers me is , that if i buy a game and complete it in 4 hours and it is crap i just go back to HMV and get a full refund.
But now that would not be able to happen as the game would not be useable.

Also i only buy pre-owned games that are mint condition , have thumbed instructions and marked disc's.

Also i though Sony owned the Blu ray market , well at least for consoles as Microsoft bought HD disc which failed.

Saying all of that though people will buy it regardless.

What rubs me up the wrong way is no backwards compatibility.
I must have 60 original xbox games and 80 xbox 360 games.
So i would be pretty angry if these did not work on the new console.

Just like the PS3 with ps2 games.

Though i love video games old and new , i also hate them.

Take for instance Microsoft , as soon as the xbox 360 was released they stopped making original xbox games the last being hitman blood money i think.

Thos is basically forcing people to buy a new console and when you have children wanting the new console and parent's with a limited budjet it can be hard.

Sony still release ps2 games in Japan and were still releasing them when the ps3 came out and long after.

Also i never trade games in for the fact that some you get £1.00 for them.

I think when you buy a game for full price the shops should be obligated to give you a certain percentage of the games value back.
And not base trade in value on popularity of the game like COD'S which still fetch good money.

So i just keep all of my games and don't trade them in.

Also when selling a new console and stop making games for the old , the company should be obliged to buy your console for a good price.

I don't think the second hand game thing will be added though as they tried it with the PSP GO and it failed.

____ them if they think they can make the system not play used games, they should be boycotted if that is their plan.

Not to mention how the hell would that even work, what would you do with the game after and you don't want it, throw it in the garbage?

I doubt this will happen, but if i does l call on all gamers to flip the ____ out an refuse to buy the console. Money hungry ____ suckers.

And that's totally fine. I would rather also have the game on the day it comes out and not wait a couple weeks for Gamestop to sell me a used greased up copy for $5 less. :yess::rotfl

Then you like pissing your money away then. You like the idea of buying a game for $60 (could be more) and play a 10 hour stoy line and now the game is done. Now what are you going to do? Can't sell it to someone else, guess you can throw it in the garbage along with your money. Still like this idea.:cuckoo:

I agree l don't like Gamestop, EB games. They sell used games only $5 cheaper then new, or give you $8 for a used game and put it on their shelf for $40. I like the fact if l want to sell a game down the road l can and do and put the money towards something else.

I doubt this can happen though even if Microsoft wanted too because everyone would go crazy, used game retailers, online game renting companies would all go out of business. So l doubt this can atually happen, even if Microsoft wanted to do it.

Last edited:

If this is true, then they'll probably have the new games come with a code that activates it. Then in order to play a used version you would have to buy a code for it. Some of EA's games have to have an online pass if you buy a used version in order to play online. Its just a way for them to make more money trying to get people to buy brand new.

Last edited:

I don't know how it's not time... the 360 has been out for an extremely long time now.

Then you like pissing your money away then. You like the idea of buying a game for $60 (could be more) and play a 10 hour stoy line and now the game is done. Now what are you going to do? Can't sell it to someone else, guess you can throw it in the garbage along with your money. Still like this idea.:cuckoo:

I agree l don't like Gamestop, EB games. They sell used games only $5 cheaper then new, or give you $8 for a used game and put it on their shelf for $40. I like the fact if l want to sell a game down the road l can and do and put the money towards something else.

I doubt this can happen though even if Microsoft wanted too because everyone would go crazy, used game retailers, online game renting companies would all go out of business. So l doubt this can atually happen, even if Microsoft wanted to do it.

If buying something new to be guaranteed not to buy something that was touched by the likes of you is pissing your money away, I'm happy to be guilty. :lol

____ them if they think they can make the system not play used games, they should be boycotted if that is their plan.

Not to mention how the hell would that even work, what would you do with the game after and you don't want it, throw it in the garbage?

I doubt this will happen, but if i does l call on all gamers to flip the ____ out an refuse to buy the console. Money hungry ____ suckers.
I am not sure how Microsoft can be considered money hungry, they won't make all that much more money doing so, they don't publish that many games. I am guessing this is something that is being requested by the bigger publishers which means it would likely be on all consoles not just Xbox. Sony is already pushing to sell download versions for the new portable systems since you can't trade Ina download. They are going to sell actual media too but it will cost more.

Between my PC games and Galaxy sII Android my console isn't as important to me anymore.

What do RROD Xboxs go for nowadays? I should probably sell mine for next to nothing, it's just collecting dust ever since I bought my new Slim....

Not to mention how the hell would that even work, what would you do with the game after and you don't want it, throw it in the garbage? I doubt this will happen, but if i does l call on all gamers to flip the ____ out an refuse to buy the console. Money hungry ____ suckers.

Why would you buy it in the first place if you don't want it? Just because you've played the game doesn't mean its worthless. You can play it again. :lecture

I think this could be a good thing, if it brings new game prices down. $60 is just too freaking much for most games these days IMO. Get them down to $40 and people will buy new, no problem.

What do RROD Xboxs go for nowadays? I should probably sell mine for next to nothing, it's just collecting dust ever since I bought my new Slim....

About $15-$20, l have one sitting too l should advertise on Kijiji.

Why would you buy it in the first place if you don't want it? Just because you've played the game doesn't mean its worthless. You can play it again. :lecture

I think this could be a good thing, if it brings new game prices down. $60 is just too freaking much for most games these days IMO. Get them down to $40 and people will buy new, no problem.

It's still money down the drain and if you think games would be cheapr, that makes me laugh, try even more probably. I mean lets be honest most games are ____ these days with little replay value, couple play throughs and that's it, then the only thing to do is throw it away because it's useless after you get bored of it. Stupid if you ask me and makes little sense.

If this does happen l sense a high increase of video game theft from stores.:lol

Last edited:

Have you ever bought a game only to realize you didn't like it? I doubt you'd be playing it again if you didn't like it the first time. Renting or borrowing would be out, so buying it would be the only real way to try it. Demos are a poor way to judge games most of the time. I can't see this possibility as anything other than bad.

Tablet controllers or gamepads with screens are here to stay. The new Wii U gamepad or a synced tablet will become the norm for the next generation.

Hell, I loved the heck out of the VMU in the controller for Dreamcast and I was personally blown away that future consoles didn't follow suit.

Back