Xbox Live price increase.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you keep Xbox Gold if they increase the rates?

• Total voters
Earlier in the week industry analyst Michael Pachter stated that he believed Microsoft could raise its Xbox Live rates in the foreseeable future. Apparently, Microsoft was listening because the industry giant’s spokesperson David Dennis responded by saying, “I don't foresee a scenario where we're going to double the price of LIVE anytime in the next couple months."

Great, crisis averted. Microsoft won’t be raising…whoa, wait a minute! “Next couple of months”? Does that mean Microsoft will raise it rates after the beginning of the year? While no one likes to see inflation in action, we hope that if Microsoft does decided to charge more for its Live service that it also blunts the financial blow by rolling out a few new features.

Earlier in the week industry analyst Michael Pachter stated that he believed Microsoft could raise its Xbox Live rates in the foreseeable future. Apparently, Microsoft was listening because the industry giant’s spokesperson David Dennis responded by saying, “I don't foresee a scenario where we're going to double the price of LIVE anytime in the next couple months."

Great, crisis averted. Microsoft won’t be raising…whoa, wait a minute! “Next couple of months”? Does that mean Microsoft will raise it rates after the beginning of the year? While no one likes to see inflation in action, we hope that if Microsoft does decided to charge more for its Live service that it also blunts the financial blow by rolling out a few new features.

Thanks! :duff

I'd keep it, but I can't see them doubling the price. Maybe $10-15 a year for a few years until they reach $100 though.

I'd keep it, but I can't see them doubling the price. Maybe $10-15 a year for a few years until they reach $100 though.

yeah, steady increase, just like with everything else. Then in 5 years we'll look back and say I remember when it used to be however much cheaper

Considering how much some people are willing to pay WoW players fork over $200 annually, I wouldn't be surprised to see some increase nailed on your next subscription update. Luckily mine just renewed so I won't be paying any lift in price until November 2010 at the earliest.

Here's a little tip:

Don't ever, ever, ever believe one of Michael Pachter's predictions. EVER.

He's an industry joke. The mainstream media seems to take whatever he says at face value because video games are so low on the radar that they can't be bothered to do so much as a Google search but a cursory investigation into his credibility (like the aforementioned Google search) will tell you what his opinion is worth.

Seriously. Google his name. If Michael Pachter says the price of Xbox Live is going up you can rest assured that it's more likely go to down.

I bought a couple of those 13 month sub cards back when they were on sale for $30. I'm set until 2012. :)

It takes a couple of seconds to mute them if it really bothers someone that much. Me and my buddies just laugh it off. In my experience, Socom used to be alot worse

Or you can just not wear your headset.

Besides if your playing with your friends, just do a party or private chat only and it works the best.

Back