Xbox Live price increase.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you keep Xbox Gold if they increase the rates?

• Total voters

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
If the speculations and predictions are true and MS does raise the cost of Xbox Live to $100 a year. How many people would continue their Gold membership?

Well i just cancelled mine anyway so not bothered if the up it or not but if i was keeping it and they put it up i'd cancel. :lol

Raising the price would drive people away compared to the free options, possibly including myself. I think I've got a year+ kicking in my account at this point. I doubt I'd keep it at that price.

I clicked drop to silver but thinking about how much I use it, I'd probably end up keeping it.

That would be a stupid move on MS's part in this economy.
Peoples wages are stagnate and jobs are increasingly hard to find for the demographic that make up the bulk of Xbox users.
LIVE is luxury not a necessity.
Id axe it...'sides sithlords antics arent that entertaining.:rolleyes:

I have a hard time that MS would raise the price by doubling it.....I could see a $5 -10 increase, but even that seems steep....I doubt it...

Definitely.
There is no way they are going to double it if they raise it.
Come on, even raising it $10 would make them a HUGE profit! There are millions of subscribers!

i hope not, i just bought a year. after paying monthly for the last 3 or 4 years lol

I bought the Gold when I first got the Box, and probably played online 6 or 7 times in that year. So obviously, I would not be paying that cost. If I ever bought a Madden Football game for the 360, I might change my tune, but I know myself too well, and don't even want to think about all the time I would spend playing :(

Take everything Michael Pachter says with a grain of salt. He gets some things right (usually, the obvious stuff), but most of his predictions are way off base.

In 2005, he said this:

In 2010, Sony’s going to have 55%, Microsoft’s going to have 35% and Nintendo 10%, with all three of those having plus or minus 5%.

About MMORPGs, he commented:

I don’t think there are four million people in the world who really want to play online games every month. World of Warcraft is such an exception. I frankly think it’s the buzz factor, and eventually it will come back to the mean, maybe a million subscribers.
There are 11 million WoW subscribers currently.

more here https://www.bingegamer.net/2009/who-the-^^^^-is-michael-pachter/

Back