X-Men: First Class

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the thing with prequels they ____ with continuity all the time. Do people forget how much stuff went down in the SW prequels that changes the original trilogy? Take Anakin being Sebastian Shaw when unmasked, no way in hell that connects to the timeline set by Hayden Christenson's portrayal in the prequels but it's there. This will be no different. I guarantee they are looking more at the comic than at the previous films for a driver.

Just saw this pic on a Dutch moviesite:

a52beef.jpg

There was a bunch of speculation posted beneath it, saying that Aaron Johnson might be Cyclops or Magneto... But it's just speculation...

I didn't realize Xavier was so young he founded the X-Men, I always thought he was significantly older. I don't think it'll wreak that much havoc with the little scene at the beginning of X3, most people dislike the movie so who cares if that continuity goes out the window. Or they can always do like Lucas and refilm it with the new actors so it fits. :lol

I don't wanna go too far off topic but...

Take Anakin being Sebastian Shaw when unmasked, no way in hell that connects to the timeline set by Hayden Christenson's portrayal in the prequels but it's there.

Palpatine's sudden aging pretty much explains that away. If anything that's why that was included. Lucas easily could have left McDiarmid as-is in the prequels and just used the passage of time between trilogies to explain his aged-by-makeup appearance in "Jedi" but he didn't, he showed the Dark Side corrupting and aging him almost instantly and it's not much of a stretch to assume that's why unmasked Vader doesn't look like Hayden Christensen in his 40's.

But hey, "no way in hell" sure is more dramatic than "1 rational way in RotS".

As an avid fan, I will deal with what we receive. I can only hope it stirs desires for more base on our favorite characters.

If it's bad, it won't be the first time.

arn't they still sorting the script so there not shooting yet, as far i know.
i agree with jimjimmyjones85 will it be the same as Wolverine movie ending when Xavier helped the x-men escape.

Interesting since she isn't an original member or in the First Class comic and still a very different actress than the Wolverine actress...

rosamund-pike.jpg

Rosamund Pike Up for Emma Frost?
by Silas Lesnick
Jun 9th, 2010
The British actress may be joining X-Men: First Class
Rosamund Pike, the British actress who appeared most recently in Surrogates may be playing Emma Frost, aka the White Queen in next summer's X-Men: First Class, according to a story at Forces of Geek.

According to the site, Pike has been spotted in the offices of X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn's casting director and also seen carrying Emma Frost comic books.

Casting rumors for the film are pouring in with, just earlier today, Michael Fassbender rumored to be in the running for the part of Magneto. With shooting set to begin in just a few months, it shouldn't be long before Fox offers official confirmation.

Interesting since she isn't an original member or in the First Class comic and still a very different actress than the Wolverine actress...
Good. Whomever that was who played White Queen in the Wolvie movie was pretty horrible, IMO, and not overly attactive. The latter is probably the worst sin for that character.

Ironic is she is cast as Emma Frost. Her character in Die Another Day was Miranda Frost...

firstclassmiscastingrum.jpg

The latest issue of production weekly (via: playlist) is reporting that Amber Heard (The Informers, Zombieland) is in talks to play a young Mystique in Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class. Also, Pride & Prejudice/Surrogates star Rosamund Pike, who was previously rumored to be in line to play young Emma Frost, is now being pegged as a possible Moira McTaggert. Mystique was played by Rebecca Romijn-Stamos in the original Bryan Singer films while McTaggert was played by Olivia Williams in Brett Ratner’s X-Men: The Last Stand.

More news if anyone cares.

Benjamin Walker Cast as Beast in X-Men: First Class
Posted on Thursday, June 17th, 2010 by Peter Sciretta

Showbiz411 is reporting that Benjamin Walker (star of the Public Theater’s “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson” has been cast as r. Henry Philip “Hank” McCoy (aka Beast) in Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class. The character was played by Kelsey Grammer in X-Men: The Last Stand.

Also, Entertainment Weekly confirms the earlier rumors that Michael Fassbender is in talks to join the film in the role of Erik Lensherr, who later becomes Magneto.

Alice-032-Eve-032-on-032-032-MAXIM_big.jpg

Briefly: Alice Eve, the lead actress from She’s Out of My League, is in talks with Fox to play Emma Frost in Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming X-Men: First Class, reports Deadline. Not long ago, very tenuous rumor had suggested the role might go to Rosamund Pike, but Pike has also been linked to the role of Moira McTaggert.

via /Film.

hunnipot made me go see Sex and the City 2 and Alice Eve was the only good thing from that flick.... so I'm cool with this casting.

Classic White Queen costume ftw...

Back