X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol

Starting with X1/X2 and then closing with XFC/DOFP/Logan? That's some good stuff right there. :D

Already started. Having vivid flashbacks to being somewhere around 26 or so and watching this with my girlfriend and crew of the time. And our haircuts. Oh god our haircuts. And frosted tips. :slap

Already started.

giphy.gif

And I was also 26 when X1 came out, lol. :rock

I was the same age when the first x-men came out. I pretty much agree with khev’s List of movie to watch for x-men. Overall those are pretty good and the casting was awesome. I loved Kelsey Grammer as the Beast and ALan Cumming was a great Nightcrawler. They made his teleportation fighting style look great in the movie

Wait Khev are you including X3 or no?

I'm saying yes because of Kitty Pryde/Juggernaut/Rebecca Romijn/cool final battle/good performance from Jackman and Jansen at the end and the fact that all the stupid stuff gets retconned out of existence with DOFP. I think if you watch X1/X2/XFC/DOFP/Logan without X3 then DOFP won't have quite the same impact seeing Jean alive and well at the end.

I don't even see those six as a weird SW "Khev canon" where I'm leap frogging episodes or anything. Origins/The Wolverine/Apoc/Dark Phoenix are completely superfluous and might as well not even exist.

Last edited:
I'm saying yes because of Kitty Pryde/Juggernaut/Rebecca Romijn/cool final battle/good performance from Jackman and Jansen at the end and the fact that all the stupid stuff gets retconned out of existence with DOFP. I think if you watch X1/X2/XFC/DOFP/Logan without X3 then DOFP won't have quite the same impact seeing Jean alive and well at the end.

I don't even see those six as a weird SW "Khev canon" where I'm leap frogging episodes or anything. Origins/The Wolverine/Apoc/Dark Phoenix are completely superfluous and might as well not even exist.

OHXYlrs.gif

I kid I kid yes that grouping certainly is a ton more practical than your Solo one.

X3 is really the ROTJ of X1/2/3 although there’s less good in it than ROTJ but it’s really not that far off from it either.

:lol

Oh yes and believe me if there was no XFC/DOFP/Logan to follow X3 then X3 would be history along with the others, lol.

Okay I'm off to watch TPM/Solo/RO again, lol.

I liked it for the most part. I think it sort of falls apart in the final act when it tries to turn into a standard summer blockbuster, but I really dug everything before that.

Saw this last night.

What a boring movie.

I could care less about any of the characters in this one.

What did they do to Professor X? Did they really have to make him a egotistical **** just so Raven could saw the X-women line?

The action was some of the series worst.

I don't mind a dark movie but this film was void of any fun or joy.

I think I liked this one less then Apocalypse. I enjoyed Wolverine X-Men Origins better also because at least that in enjoyably bad. This film was not even fun to watch in that respect.

Back