X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's so awesome that the MCU nailed IM's, Cap's, and Thor's origin stories right off the bat. No need to *ever* remake those films.

In a way it's too bad that we won't (nor should we) see MCU Spidey and Uncle Ben but Peter saying goodbye to Tony is a nice enough placeholder.

Almost, Thor is not a freaking alien, he's a God.
You will see new versions though, Yer gonna get a little black girl as Iron Man, Sam Wilson as Cap, and a woman Thor, probably Jane Foster, and YOU'LL LIKE IT OR ELSE.

And having watched SM 3 just yesterday, I don't want to see Maguire as Spidey ever again.
They did Sandman right, probably why we won't see him in the mcu anytime soon.

I actually enjoyed the hell out of the Aaron run, so count me in if it's done right. My biggest concern would be Natalie Portman. Not sure if I'd buy her as a superhero, so maybe someone else could play her Thor form.

Marvel were able to make Brie Larson passable as a superhero so surely they could do the same for Portman as long as the right director is at the helm (meaning keep George Lucas far, far away).

Marvel were able to make Brie Larson passable as a superhero so surely they could do the same for Portman as long as the right director is at the helm (meaning keep George Lucas far, far away).

True.

This is all making me sad when I remember how badly poor Christopher Eccleston was as Malekith. That coulda been something special.

Since Matthew Vaughn was essentially muscled out of the XFC series (he wanted to do a straight follow up to XFC and then close with DOFP but Fox replaced him with Singer when he refused to just skip right to DOFP) it'd be interesting if Disney gave him another crack at the X-Men in the MCU.

He doesn't seem to be "woke" at all though so I doubt it.

I'd prefer some fresh blood on the X-Men going forward. First Class was good, but I don't think it handles an ensemble cast very well, which is a problem most of the Fox movies had from the beginning.

And the Darwin scene is like one of the top 10 stupidest moments I've witnessed in a superhero movie.

I started watching the first X-Men movie the other night. First time seeing it in many years. Half-way through my Blu Ray crapped out (seems to be happening to me more and more. . .), but from what I saw, I was struck by the level of craftsmanship in the movie. The cinematography was very good, the mood was appropriately dramatic, the scenes were well edited, the acting was high level in places where it needed to be. Putting storyline aside, I felt it put many of the more recent MCU movies I've seen to shame when I look at the big picture. Of course, those movies now are often 90% CG, and bursting at the seams with action. But still. Too bad the franchise lost its steps here and there over the years. It started on such a high note.

I started watching the first X-Men movie the other night. First time seeing it in many years. Half-way through my Blu Ray crapped out (seems to be happening to me more and more. . .), but from what I saw, I was struck by the level of craftsmanship in the movie. The cinematography was very good, the mood was appropriately dramatic, the scenes were well edited, the acting was high level in places where it needed to be. Putting storyline aside, I felt it put many of the more recent MCU movies I've seen to shame when I look at the big picture. Of course, those movies now are often 90% CG, and bursting at the seams with action. But still. Too bad the franchise lost its steps here and there over the years. It started on such a high note.

Losing a step and falling off a cliff are two different things :lol

It was weird, because you would have X3 and Wolvie: Origins, which sucked, but then they come back with First Class and Days of Future Past, which were awesome. Then you have the lackluster Apocalypse followed by the awesome Logan, followed by the apparently mediocre Dark Phoenix. So it was more an ebb and flow than just falling of the cliff. New Mutants looks like it's in real trouble, but who knows? The next movie they might have put together could have been the greatest comic movie ever.

This was my concern with going to Marvel Studios all along. I don't think we'll get another really ****** X-movie. But, I also doubt we'll ever get another X2 or Logan. But maybe that's for the best.

Yeah that's why I was saying that if you just take this line-up:

X1
X2
X3
XFC
DOFP
Logan

And ignore the garbage then you've got one hell of a strong series with beginning, middle, two ends, and a narrative that circles back on itself with DOFP but still more or less cleans itself up nicely. Yeah there's X3 but one subpar film out of six (that still has some really cool moments) that ultimately gets retconned anyway isn't bad. Imagine if we were sitting here and those were the *only* six films that had ever been made. It would be a legendary series to rival Nolan and the MCU and still is if you separate the wheat from the chaff IMO.

Back