Marvel Studios : X-Men '97 - 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see nightcrawler in the opening as a team member. The best team is the classic Claremont Byrne team in my opinion and we needs more of that. Bring on Colossus next and lose jubilee and morph, thanks.

Today's cameo looked lame for some reason. Maybe I'm just more accustomed to the MCU versions these days.

I think it's the boots.

Yea captain America didn’t become “cool” until winter soldier. People still thought he was silly in concept but he’s basically a ww2 hero. Also funny how it just shows the strength difference between avengers and xmen. Sending cap alone to try and take on rogue or try and reason with her while she is angry is futile

I don’t think there’s been two comic book characters more than rogue and cyclops that have been done this dirty in live action both are amazing in this she flat out threw Cap’s badge out into the woods and told him to go scratch lol

I don’t think there’s been two comic book characters more than rogue and cyclops that have been done this dirty in live action both are amazing in this she flat out threw Cap’s badge out into the woods and told him to go scratch lol
Speaking of that, and Wolverine, it seems that the writers made a decision to really give Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, and Jubilee opportunities to shine so far while Wolverine, Beast, and Morph in particular seem pretty unimportant to the story as a whole. I guess they are pushing back against Wolvie getting so much attention in films and making up for how Cyclops was treated in those same films, but Wolvie is probably my favorite Marvel character, so I wish they didn't treat him as completely unnecessary. Of course, there's a lot more story to tell.

Also, I really dig how Morph's abilities allow him to take on the skills of whatever he transforms into, creating some nifty cameos by characters like Psylocke and Quicksilver that we may not otherwise see. In the last episode I had to process what was going on for a second, asking myself, "where did Quicksilver come from?"

Yea they def did Rouge dirty Cant believe she was this soft spoken girl who was afriad of her powers couldn't fly and gave up her powers to bang iceman. I mean sheesh.

Speaking of that, and Wolverine, it seems that the writers made a decision to really give Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, and Jubilee opportunities to shine so far while Wolverine, Beast, and Morph in particular seem pretty unimportant to the story as a whole. I guess they are pushing back against Wolvie getting so much attention in films and making up for how Cyclops was treated in those same films, but Wolvie is probably my favorite Marvel character, so I wish they didn't treat him as completely unnecessary. Of course, there's a lot more story to tell.

Also, I really dig how Morph's abilities allow him to take on the skills of whatever he transforms into, creating some nifty cameos by characters like Psylocke and Quicksilver that we may not otherwise see. In the last episode I had to process what was going on for a second, asking myself, "where did Quicksilver come from?"

Morph being able to have the actual abilities of those he changes into makes him the most OP character. Need an extra Magento? No problem. Gambit dead but need his powers? No problem. Need two Rogue's to take on some sentinels? Piece of cake.

Morph being able to have the actual abilities of those he changes into makes him the most OP character. Need an extra Magento? No problem. Gambit dead but need his powers? No problem. Need two Rogue's to take on some sentinels? Piece of cake.
I don’t think he’s as strong as the original and there are limitations. Like if he Morphs into Wolverine the claws wont be real Adamantlum.

But it is a cool power to have.

I’m ok with Wolverine taking a back seat…for now.

But when it comes time for the calvary to arrive watch out because I need some massive team participation for the increased threat.

I think Wolverine should take a backseat for the time being despite him being my favorite Marvel character ever as there's just too much damage done to the X-Men brand thanks to his overexposure. My friend told me his daughter was confused why Cyclops was leading the team and why scenes keep focusing on Storm, Rouge, Jubilee instead of Wolverine-- that's how much damage 24 years of just focusing on your breakout star will do for the brand.

I think time won't be so kind to the FOX movies as they're showing their age faster than cracked leather and this show clearly didn't wanted to be"Wolverine ft Underdeveloped Characters" that those FOX movies were.

Back