www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lazy not reading. What happened they sent out a few figures to the first buyers and now just take money and send nothing?

They send the buyers a bunch of paper documents, marking it as "toys". :slap

I kinda had my doubt since they started selling expensive, high in demand HT at a very cheap price. Which is kinda ridiculous, considering they could easily sell them for their current price at eBay, or at yahoo HK auction. As the saying goes, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Hope everyone can get their money back ASAP.

It went offline a day after someone here received two parcels with paper instead of his toys. Might be cause the scammers took it offline or maybe HK police

i remember people bashing me telling them they were a scam and now look what happens!!! Don't say i didn't tell you so!!

i remember people bashing me telling them they were a scam and now look what happens!!! Don't say i didn't tell you so!!

Not quite ray - you were claiming that Steve's wolverine was a fake, which it wasn't. So yeh, you made the scam call, but your angle was askew :wink1:

It seems like 99% of people thought at the very least it could be a scam, or at least were skeptical, that was actually the very reason the topic was created, so I don't know if anyone should be coming back here and patting themselves on the back like they were some sort of perceptive superman who saw what no other saw. You weren't some lone voice speaking out against a crowd, so it seems to me pretty ridiculous that some people want to come back here and congratulate themselves with their 'I told you so' comments. The view that the store was suspect was always at the forefront. Even people who ended up buying were saying it was a risk and that they were only taking the risk because of PayPal's safetynet.

everyone involved should start sending messages to as many of his friends as you can . tell his friends that you need him to contact you otherwise you are notifying the authorities of the scam / theft he has comitted

It seems like 99% of people thought at the very least it could be a scam, or at least were skeptical, that was actually the very reason the topic was created, so I don't know if anyone should be coming back here and patting themselves on the back like they were some sort of perceptive superman who saw what no other saw. You weren't some lone voice speaking out against a crowd, so it seems to me pretty ridiculous that some people want to come back here and congratulate themselves with their 'I told you so' comments. The view that the store was suspect was always at the forefront. Even people who ended up buying were saying it was a risk and that they were only taking the risk because of PayPal's safetynet.

:exactly:100%

VERY WELL SAID GROSBY, would u guys like a medal, would that make u feel better about yourselves? whats the point of saying that crap for? for the ppl who got scammed isnt it enough that they lost money and trust in people when online shopping already that u still feel the need to rub ur self righteousness in their faces, nobody thinks better of you or respects you for making that call just so u know...

UPDATE: many of u may hav read in the thread that the sellers have claimed that they are also victims of this scam too. But it may not be so and they may b part of the scam after all. During my dispute email with Tong Zheng Zhang (who told me that he is also a victim of this) via PayPal resolution center, I ask for clarification on all the following points from him. He then just disappeared and no longer reply to my questions. Here r what I asked him to clarify & show proof:

Buyer: If u want to proof your innocence that u are not part of this scam, I think u should have no problem and I don't see the reason why you will not be able to provide me & PayPal with complete answer and proof to the followings: 1) what address in hong kong & Malaysia and to whom my orders have been sent to? Since it is a registered mail, you must have both name & mailing address. 2) what were the tracking numbers of both shipment (one to HK and another one to MY) 3) can u reconfirm which items I order? 4) when u sent me invoice, why didn't u included the lists of the items I orders on your invoice? 5) what is your eBay store name and web link to your store? 6) can you share your email correspondence that you had with the Rik_spurs who you said was the one who emailed you & asked you to invoice me?

Excellent questions iampiya. At the very least he should provide the delivery name and address. That way one could pin the scam to Dave or Peter or whatever the name is

guys be careful ! its weird that a seller is asking the buyer to step in for them. i think this might be an extension of the scam.

Im not really sure why you guys are trying to negotiate or ask questions with this seller. Just make your PayPal claim and you will get your money back.

the more questions you ask the longer it will drag out. Don't worry about this seller, just cover yourselves. You shouldn't get involved with ANYTHING this seller is trying to say or do. He is most likely part of this scam.

Just make the claim to PayPal that package was not received and they will refund you. Even if it was shipped to you, you can just reject it and it will be sent back to the seller, or don't pick it up at the post office and it will be sent back as well. Just make sure you don't sign for it or open it.

If you have made your claim and its been about 7-10 days since the claim was made and they havent issued a refund yet, just call PayPal and they will refund you right away. Ive had to do this numerous times with bad sellers and never had a problem. Call them. And stop writing back n forth to this seller.

I just showed the last email I sent (done in paypal resolution center) to him before he disappeare. Now PayPal has already helped me escalated to claim. I've been informed that the deadline for the seller is on mar 9 which is, like u said, about 10 days. Thx again for the advise..

I think this topic is pretty much said and done. Let the police and PPl do their investigation. Intellectual crimes, grand theft, and money laundering are usually all investigated by the police. Sooner all later this will come to end.

Still no answer from Mario.
He either doesn't speak English or he is just as guilty.
The only thing that's left here is for the victims to get their money back (2 more days:yess:) or receive their letters and post an update.

From the very second i saw this page load up on my screen, i knew it was fishy since it had the same layout as most of those KO Nike shoe sites and fake sports jersey sites.

Back