www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

And PayPal payments come with an address so if you Peter sent the money to the suppliers I'm sure you did send the address as well so stop lying and just come clean.
You sent the invoice to me, should I still email you ? Just wondering lol

Man this is the biggest load of crap story/excuses I ever heard, How do you expect to be clean & honest when you knew something was wrong but out of your kindness helped a friend even though you knew it would screw many innocent customers..
You get money, money goes to distributors.. don't you give them our info/address along with our payment???, Even if Dave gave phony addresses to the distributor to have them shipped to him, how many Fu_____ng addresses can the C_CKsucker have???
Do you really think this story of yours will pass?? Come on dude man up & confess your Fu____ng scams....

And PayPal payments come with an address so if you Peter sent the money to the suppliers I'm sure you did send the address as well so stop lying and just come clean.
You sent the invoice to me, should I still email you ? Just wondering lol

I sent you the invoice. Then you sent me the payment. I copied and pasted the transaction detail and emailed it to Dave. It was up to him to send it out to the right address. I sent the money later to the supplier.

Hope this explains.

I'd love to see those emails between you and Dave
Care to share some screenshots with the people you feel oh so bad for ?!!

i wouldnt be surprised if dave and rasor were one and the same, wonder if there is even someone real who is DAVE
mods could check the IP address of both posters ,right?

Please do. It may help things clear up.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLA249647ED159D27B[/ame]

Like Speiky said, post your email log with Dave..

who is tong zheng zhang and will he be able to refund me or do I need to make a paypal claim

Don't bother, just go make a claim.. it's pretty much hopeless...

I guess I'm also a victim of this then. Did order 3 figures last weekend using PayPal. Will report to PayPal but not sure what can be done though. Just view my credit online statement & the amount has already been charged in:(. Any suggestion since I'm pretty new to PayPal as well?

who is tong zheng zhang and will he be able to refund me or do I need to make a paypal claim

This is the same guy who provided the service to me. And it did order thru him too. Seems like he's gone too. Just make a claim with PayPal but I guess we shouldn't keep the high hope for this. Good luck to u (and to me too..!)

I filed a claim today, paypal told me 10-11 days you should get your money back..

Wow, there's been quite a turn of events since last I checked this forum. For what it's worth, I do believe that Dave's taken the cash and fled, screwing over Peter and the rest of the distributers. I do however also believe that Peter's Involvement in the business runs deeper than what he's telling us here.

The reason why I am willing to believe his story, is that when you set out to start a major international scam operation, you *don't* open a PayPal account in your own name. With Facebook profiles identifing you, and using your proper names and addresses for everything. The moment the scam is uncovered, you'll have local law authorites and interpol all over your ass. That's just incredibly stupid and reckless.

The question is what could possibly have driven someone to do something like this? The website was started in Dave's own name and registred to his own address, so when the scam was known, he would have to flee the country to avoid prosecution. It just seems very desperate. My theory is that he owed someone a lot of money. Maybe he had built up a large debt with local distributers, and knowing how the Hong Kong Triads operate, they can be quite "persistent".

For Dave's sake, I do hope the Police get ahold of him, or the next development to this case will be, that they find his body floating in the Hong Kong harbour...

-------------------------------------------
Read my initial post regarding the scam, here
File a Cyber Crime report with the HK police, here

I checked out this Dave Cornado Muste. That identity is legit. The guy is Spanish, works for some kind of power plant in Hong Kong, and seems to have excelled in his studies. I even found him getting some academic awards in Spain. He also speaks several languages, which might explain why some newbs initially registered on OSW asking for French and Spanish language forums "in order to practice their language skills."

https://hk.linkedin.com/pub/david-cornadó-musté/13/8a5/95/en

When I posted this on OSW in December:

No offense to anyone, but, so far, Steve is the only OSW long standing member who has successfully tested this store.

Everyone else cheering on registered in December and, apart from Razor, they're all non native speakers using a similar variety of English.

lellie1971, spursfan and fanaticactionfigures, no offense to you, but you all sound like the store owner or his friends

Personally, I think I'll need a few more confirmations from members in good standing before I'd risk ordering from this store. True, paypal might refund the money after a protracted and annoying hassle, but that wouldn't stop a would be con artist from clearing his account after a number of orders and payments are in and leaving it to paypal to cover the damages.

Again, I'm not accusing anyone, just saying that I'm not entirely convinced.

I got bashed for racial profiling or some such. Where I come from we don't get all that hysterical about PC, but what the heck:

wow..are you alright? saying " no offense to you, but you all sound like the store owner or his friends" Seriously I just saw this thread,I admit I'm not a native english speaker but you don't have the right to group other people as the store owner friends! This is not nice at all. Infact I don't even care you are convince or not because nothing to do with me but you should not relate me with the people I don't know at all. You also saying that you are "not accusing anyone" but hey why you mention my ID? Ok maybe you are a native english speaker but the way you express your feeling is clearly accusing, .I'm just a new member and left a comment but ....wow...so negative people, seriously I didn't buy anything from the store yet! ....better not to bother to leave any comments if you are new.. BTW " ali032373" is not a new member...so now what? anymore creative story now? accusing everyone as well? jeezzzz OH, you are the one that created the SideShow thread regarding this store! haha, I seldom add comment but I do read them ALL!!...come on...are you a store owner? Cos this new store is your competitor or what? Seriously I don't want to relate to you,to the store owner or anyone else. Thank You

Dave's credentials seem to indicate he's a smart person. Could be a case of hubris. Our local vice mayor, supposedly hyper intelligent, set up a scam internet news portal with fake journalists and all, so he could praise his own work. People can be very dumb after they've watched too many spy thrillers, I guess.

I figure Dave and Razor are either very good friends or the same person. After all, if he speaks as many languages as his fb page says, it shouldn't be hard for him to "dumb down" his English to sound like those guys I was warning about on OSW.

And written Australian isn't that hard either. Just toss in an occasional "mate" and you're good to go.

I'm hoping that everyone here who's paid this/these scammers will also report him/them to the police. Just getting money back is no guarantee that these mofos will learn the lesson. And if he is this big shot in a power plant somewhere, well, then he deserves to have to explain to his colleagues and boss that he's being charged with international fraud.

Serves you right Dave, Razor, spursfan whatever you're called, 'chanchullero.

I filed a claim today, paypal told me 10-11 days you should get your money back..

I'm new to PayPal myself (just done few transaction on eBay so far). Can u advise how exactly to file the claim? All is done via online or we can discuss with their representative?
Thx...

I'm new to PayPal myself (just done few transaction on eBay so far). Can u advise how exactly to file the claim? All is done via online or we can discuss with their representative?
Thx...
Oh...and can credit card company help anything on this? Or just work thru PayPal only?

The chinese police won't do ****.That's why I didn't bother to file a claim with my local police in the first place.I found some info about Dave and he's originary from Spain so he might've flee back to Spain.

Last edited:

Oh...and can credit card company help anything on this? Or just work thru PayPal only?

I called paypal directly, just file through paypal since that's the method of payment.. I've used paypal since the beginning so they should be able to take care of you..

The chinese police won't do ****.That's why I didn't bother to file a claim with my local police in the first place.I found some info about Dave and his originary from Spain so he might've flee back to Spain.

I'm Chinese & I can confirm that yes that is correct, cyber scams is not as critical or worth their time to investigate unless it involves much more money like in the millions..
Dave is from Barcelona.. Which so much lies, I think that was the only honest thing he said..

Back