www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

The email is linked to the website. So obviously it wouldn't work after the site is down. Question is who took it down?! HK police or the scammers?

The email is linked to the website. So obviously it wouldn't work after the site is down. Question is who took it down?! HK police or the scammers?

scammers, for sure...

I have to wait till 3rd March to get an answer from paypa :slap

Something NEW.

I have received an email from Peter (carly_joy) asking me how many days have passed waiting my item....

Ok, at least, it's the guy who I paid on paypal...

I hate to say it but I did warn all of you guys,I was the first one that got scammed by this aholes.I lost $500 to them,you should've listened when I told you not to buy from them,I had absolutely no reason to lie to you guys but most of you patronised me and told me "how stupid I was for trusting them".I really hope this turns out well for all of you guys and get your money back from those scammers.

You hate to say it but you already said it twice ;)

Theres a good chance that people who paid by paypal get their money back.

BTW nobody said you were stupid for trusting them, but maybe had some bad judgement by paying bybank transfert and signing for your package before checking it.

I hate to say it but I did warn all of you guys,I was the first one that got scammed by this aholes.I lost $500 to them,you should've listened when I told you not to buy from them,I had absolutely no reason to lie to you guys but most of you patronised me and told me "how stupid I was for trusting them".I really hope this turns out well for all of you guys and get your money back from those scammers.

I didn´t read never this part of the forum before, it was my fault reading the guy who bought the wolverine figure....then I thought they were legit....after all, I only paid for a Batman 89, I hope Paypal refund my money, because I didn't say it was a gift...

Of course, after all, it's my fault at least IMO.

This is perhaps the strangest merchant that I've seen. In some cases they seem to be legit, but in others cases, people seem to be losing their money.

I Have a few questions tho.
Since David is in Barcelona, Who sent the figure from HK?
Who is that Arno Lai?
Who sent the registered letters from HK.

Dave is from Barcelona but works in HK.

This is perhaps the strangest merchant that I've seen. In some cases they seem to be legit, but in others cases, people seem to be losing their money.

SwedishHeat called it pretty early on as a 'long con', which perfectly describes what this scam turned out to be.

I didn´t read never this part of the forum before, it was my fault reading the guy who bought the wolverine figure....then I thought they were legit....after all, I only paid for a Batman 89, I hope Paypal refund my money, because I didn't say it was a gift...

Of course, after all, it's my fault at least IMO.

Where do you check if it's marked as a gift?

I keep reading about this but I'm not sure if it's something that's reflected in the Paypal invoice or some where else.

Since Peter CC my email along with the rest of the people that were scammed now I'm getting numerous forwarded emails from other users which is getting to be pretty annoying.. First my money now my privacy:mad:

The irony about this is that if razor would've come into the thread at the beginning and said "Hey guys, I'm Peter, I help Dave run this shop" a lot more people would've been like "Oh cool, I'm so glad a dealer is here to help answer our questions". And they probably would've gotten a lot more sales, which still would've been bad in the long run.

But now the thread is filled with deception and half-truths, they went down in flames. Just goes to show, honesty is always (usually) the best policy.

It's just sad though that they went to this length to specifically target SSF (and OSW). It's a pretty elaborate scam, to set up the BigCommerce store and ship a bunch of orders and all that stuff. Kinda scary.

It wasn't OSW/SSF specific. I distinctly remember one of the "noobs" who joined OSW just to talk about this great new online store, asking for German, Spanish or French figure forums since he "wanted to practice his language skills."

I don't see any logical explanation to this either, except the stolen ID theory maybe.

There were other names involved in the scam, other people accepting payments or sending packages, and someone posted before that a couple of them were listed as Dave's FaceBook friends, which suggests they're the actual people we're talking about.

Unless the names were stolen from a single friends list on FB, that's a possibility. As well, if the guy on FB is really him it seems incredibly stupid that he'd leave his FB public, with his picture there, so that points to maybe the name being stolen.

However, as to a seemingly successful person pulling a scam like this, it happens all the time. Drugs, gambling, debts, etc, people have many motivations for needing easy money even if they're apparently lined up for a successful life.

Also, another suspicious thing about Razor's story. He says that he knew Dave from eBay, from before the online store, but I thought someone said before that Dave was banned from eBay for similar activity (accepting money but not sending items), his eBay was linked on here by someone. If that's true, it would seem very odd that Razor wouldn't know about that past trouble, wouldn't have seen that his favourite eBay seller was shut down, and thus had at least some inkling that he might be involved in a scam operation.

The more I lean back on my armchair here, the more I'm starting to think Razor might be one of the chief culprits in this operation.

The irony about this is that if razor would've come into the thread at the beginning and said "Hey guys, I'm Peter, I help Dave run this shop" a lot more people would've been like "Oh cool, I'm so glad a dealer is here to help answer our questions". And they probably would've gotten a lot more sales, which still would've been bad in the long run.

Dave himself actually did come here and posted and people did have that response, heh. His account is here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/member.php?u=19979

24 and I'm sure he paid enough money for those guys to call it a day with that scam site. Oh I hope they all die a gruesome death. Someone like Dave shouldn't have kids. If its true that he will have a baby daughter soon it's really sad. You failed as a human Dave for tricking other honest people and I'm sure you will fail as a father.
And razor you're right, karma is a b itch and you'll get what you deserve too you mofo

That's me Mr. 24 figures.. thanks for the concerns but I doubled checked with Paypal & I'm 100% covered.. So Peter & Dave might as well get married cause they're going to be Butt buddies in prison

Back