www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

I'm not sure, I never noticed anything like that. I've ordered from Angolz maybe 30 times and it seems just like any other store and so I wouldn't think they operated like that. From what I recall, things are always in an Angolz box, same type of inflate pillow protection, etc, etc, suggesting it's all working from the one warehouse/store. Seemed to be legitimate, maybe even more so, than Amazon.com, something like that. Have you ordered from Angolz before? I recommend them. I haven't ordered from them in a while (their pricing has gotten less competitive of late) but all my past orders were perfect.

Yeh, I've ordered three products from them and they've been solid each time. I know they have the Angolz brand thing going, I just presumed that they had a number of different vendors operating under the Angolz umbrella as I've had a couple of orders canceled a week after ordering because, according to them, the seller of that item ended up being out of stock (I thought Angolz was the seller, maybe something lost in translation?). I also placed an order for the two MIS Bruces, and one came with the shipper and one without (which doesn't necessarily point to different vendors). That happened a while ago, maybe I've got my facts wrong. Certainly they have the one consumer online interface, a solid payment utility on their site, and none of this three-or-four different paypal names business. I agree about the pricing. Angolz was always guaranteed to be 10-20% cheaper than anywhere else with many of their products, whereas lately they are pretty much inline with everyone else.

all this drama is alarming, ive returned an item to them to get a refund cuz it was defective, checked the tracking and they tried to attempt a delivery yesterday, sent dave an email and no response. i hope this works out but incase it doesnt ive put in my paypal claim as ive got 3 days till it expires.

I have been considering buying from this store. I'm still on the fence about it. I feel that I can cover myself at every angle if I purchase from them, but still...

EDIT: I last read this thread yesterday so I didn't see the latest developments when I posted. I'm definitely staying away.

Last edited:

I was supposed to receive my figure today but didn't arrive, so I sent HTOS an email to check if they have any news and still no answer.

All these delays and Documents arriving instead of figures are very suspicious and alarming, I will give them this week for the package to arrive, if not I'll have to start a claim on Paypal.

I filed a PayPal claim and instead of waiting for a response I was able to escalate it to a full out claim right away? Is that normal ?
Apparently PayPal was unable to contact the seller thus I was able to escalate it ?!
These guys are scammers. I am really angry right now.

wwo i just ordered 2 figures from them i hope its not a scam

FGslowmoaccidenttest.gif

In my earlier post and sharing of my experience of HTOTS, please take heed and buy only 1 or 2 box at a time. Order another round only when you receive the 1st order.

The guy from Norway received letters instead of the goods.
I have the same experience and I shared it here earlier in my post.
I received 2 letters for 2 orders I placed with them. But I did not sign for the letters because, it is fishy that I received letters to me instead of my goods so I file a no shipment claim and got my money back.

Guys, guys....please read this....inspect, open the box and inspect the content before signing anything. Tis advise have been said over and over again.

Keep track of the time you make your payment ...paypal claim within 45 days and do not let delayed schedule from HTOTs to smoke you.

For the guy who bought 24 figures, I hope you get your figures...but I am really doubtful....

Last edited:

They stopped responding to EMails completely.
I submitted a complaint to the Cyber Crime Unit of the Hong Kong Police with all the Information I had. My PayPal recipient. Their Website. The Names. The Day it was posted and where. Hopefully they will be caught and punished for their crimes.

Yeah I've emailed him several times with no response, Dave usually responds to my emails rather quickly, I will continue to email him to get an answer.. I am still hopeful for my packages to arrive but if I end up with letters then I will refuse the acceptance & file a claim with paypal..

In my earlier post and sharing of my experience of HTOTS, please take heed and buy only 1 or 2 box at a time. Order another round only when you receive the 1st order.

The guy from Norway received letters instead of the goods.
I have the same experience and I shared it here earlier in my post.
I received 2 letters for 2 orders I placed with them. But I did not sign for the letters because, it is fishy that I received letters to me instead of my goods so I file a no shipment claim and got my money back.

Guys, guys....please read this....inspect, open the box and inspect the content before signing anything. Tis advise have been said over and over again.

I will still get my money back, even though I signed for the item. This is covered by PayPal's "Significantly not as Described"-policy; "Buy a book, receive a brick, file a claim".

By actually receiving the bogus shipment, I am now in possession of hard evidence that these guys are in fact scammers. You can't talk your way out of this incident by saying the shipment was lost or damaged in transit. The seller signed for this envelope before shipping, fully aware that this is not what was ordered. The weight was recorded as 0,1kg, and it was classified as "documents".

This evidence will only help my claim against the seller, as the seller has no grounds to dispute these facts.

Also, the theory that this may simply be the work of a rogue seller, in a network of sellers, does not hold water. The shipment was signed for by the owner and registrar of the hottoysonline.com domain himself.

As many people have mentioned, the guys have stopped responding to e-mails and are now probably long gone and busy covering their tracks.

-------------------------------------------
Read my initial post regarding the scam, here

Last edited:

they could still be scamming people who dont visits forums, how did so many new member who ordered from this store join this forum so fast, did anyone ask u guys too, join here,,its a bit suspect in that way

They stopped responding to EMails completely.
I submitted a complaint to the Cyber Crime Unit of the Hong Kong Police with all the Information I had. My PayPal recipient. Their Website. The Names. The Day it was posted and where. Hopefully they will be caught and punished for their crimes.

That's great! I hope other victims follow your example. If multiple people file reports on the site, it will help raise the local authorities awareness of the fact that this is large a international scamming operation, and not just a simple seller dispute.

Write down everything; the PayPal and e-mail accounts being used, detailed tracking with time and dates, etc.

Last edited:

That's great! I hope other victims follow your example. If multiple people file reports on the site, it will help raise the local authorities awareness of the fact that this is large a international scamming operation, and not just a simple seller dispute.

Write down everything; the PayPal and e-mail accounts being used, detailed tracking with time and dates, etc.
how would they handle multiple paypal accounts registered with diff people emails,..?
also i like to know how so many new members join this forum,specially after purchasing from this store

Maybe they are using google? That's the way I found this forum :yess:

they could still be scamming people who dont visits forums, how did so many new member who ordered from this store join this forum so fast, did anyone ask u guys too, join here,,its a bit suspect in that way

It's not really suspect at all. These people probably came here for the same reason I did; to see if the Hot Toys Online store website could be trusted, and if it is safe to place orders with them. Do a google search on "hot toys online store scam" (without the quotes). Notice which website appears at the top of your search results?

That's right. This site, and this thread specifically, is now officially a gathering place for victims of the scam.

Last edited:

It's not really suspect at all. These people probably came here for the same reason I did; to see if the Hot Toys Online store website could be trusted, and if it is safe to place orders with them. Do a google search on "hot toys online store scam" (without the quotes). Notice which website appears at the top of your search results?

That's right. This site, and this thread specifically, is now officially a gathering place for victims of the scam.

people not on this forum coud be getting scammed too, if wat u say is correct, more will be joining here soon..this is getting out of control , by the way did anyone receieve a really rare hot toys fig, other than wolverine and batpod?

Damn, really feel sorry for all you who has been scammed, hate to say i told you so, but ... check my previous posts in this thread if you want to, i took ALOT of heat for being sceptical from the beginning about this whole thing ....

With the complete lack of email communications contrasting their usually prompt responses, I guess it really reveals the situation pretty clearly.

Like many, I still haven't received my figures, after waiting for weeks. I can't imagine the shock you guys would've had when you opened the parcel which only contained paper scrap...

I have filed a claim with Paypal and provided a link to this thread for their reference. Hopefully that speeds things up a little in getting our money back!

Back