www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

Well, i guess i just have been VERY lucky the last few years, or they have invented a magic beaming portal between sweden and china?

This last figure for example, was shipped with reg. air mail, no ems. and it took well, 6 days to be exact.

Must be that magic beaming portal then :thud:

i have ordered from HK sellers on Ebay for Hot Toys figures and even with EMS to Australia it has taken 7 to 12 days to get here.
Even Amazon takes7-8 days to get a book here.
BBTS takes 3-4 weeks to send parcels here and that is also registered mail.
As i have just stumbled on this thread,i would like to ask fellow Aussie collector's....have you had success with this so called HT web shop?

As i have just stumbled on this thread,i would like to ask fellow Aussie collector's....have you had success with this so called HT web shop?

Yes mate. I have purchased DX Joker, Jack Sparrow and Indy from them and they have all been great experiences. Definitely brand new and original. I posted pictures of all of them in this thread. I went EMS with all orders and they arrived in around 4-5 working days. I have also ordered T1000 and Hellboy. I'll post here on them as soon as I get them. I highly recommend them from my experience.

I think I do understand what he was trying to say. At least here in Chile an item shipped from Hong Kong arrives to the country in no more than 5-7 days. But between customs and local postal office, it can take as long as 3 weeks. Making the "total" delivery time around 4 weeks. Private courier (Fedex, UPS... ) is a different history they take the package when the item arrives to the country and make the things faster.

I think I do understand what he was trying to say. At least here in Chile an item shipped from Hong Kong arrives to the country in no more than 5-7 days. But between customs and local postal office, it can take as long as 3 weeks. Making the "total" delivery time around 4 weeks.

According to him though every time he has ordered from Hong Kong Ebay sellers he got his items within 7 days. It's just not realistic what he was saying.

Im from australia and got my package by the due date, item was orginal and new as far as i could tell but unfortunately i got one that was missing a part. Ive now decided to return the item to htos for a full refund and they are paying for return shipping too. Has anyone here done this successfully? if so how long did it take to get the refund and which address did u ship it back to?

This applies only IF the seller actually ships out the package WHEN he says he does ... hint hint .

wtf? how do I place an order? i added something to cart but cant see the "place order" button???

edit: found it, but waht does this mean? "No checkout providers have been configured. An email has been sent to the store administrator to notify him. "

Last edited:

You must send them an e-mail in order for them to send you a Paypal invoice and make the purchase.

Hey everyone, new here on the board :wave.. been getting great info from this thread about HTOS. Last week I contacted Dave from HTOS & pretty much worked out a great package deal on many figures.. he seemed to be pretty genuine & helpful, has always replied to my emails, answering my numerous questions.. so I went ahead & placed a huge order of 24 figures, yup I said 24 :panic:. My packages was shipped on Monday 2/13/12 & according to Dave is expected to arrive in roughly 10 days 2/24/12.. He emailed me my tracking numbers on the very same day so now I'm extremely anxious for the arrival..
I will definitely post updates & I plan on filming the process of receiving the packages from my Postman to unboxings.. Stay tuned..
By the way I paid by Paypal, when I got my invoice from Dave I called up Paypal to verify if this transaction will be refundable if anything goes wrong & they said Yes it would be covered..

I got an invoice from tong zheng zhang, that is the right person right?

Actually that's a new name, so far there's like 4 paypal names given to customers, David explained that they're his partners & it's easier for them to keep track of there funds in separate accounts..

holy crap 24 figures in 1 hit, u got balls dude, hopefully they arrive safely....

I suppose the shipment of the 24 figures is via EMS?

Golion82' welcome new forum ..... 24 figure purchased ? Wow

Hey guys, Yeah 24 is quite nuts.. I missed every Hot Toys release since Robocop, I was collecting other stuff plus working on my house, missed out on pretty much every important release. So recently like 2 weeks ago I was browsing HT website & was blown away on the quality HT was putting out.. Since I recently completed my Chogokin collection I then focused all my attention on HT figures. After a few restless nights of reading & youtube reviews I decided to purchase a few figures.. I went to my local Comic/Toy shop & purchased Ironman Mark IV & War machine, freaking awesome figures :exactly:
So being that it's pretty much impossible to purchase most of the older releases like Leonidas, Blade, Godfather, etc... at reasonable prices I then spent days searching for online shops, pretty much no luck I then stumbled upon HTOS, they pretty much had all the older releases, prices were lower than Ebay but still pretty high, but they're willing to bargain..
Originally I wanted to purchase only 5 figures, DX Bruce, Mark VI, Superman, Classic Predator & Batman 1989. I emailed Dave for a bundled package deal, he replied back with a really sweet price so I figured hmm maybe I can add another figure with the money I'm saving, well for every figure I added the prices got lower, so 19 figures later I'm at 24 :exactly:yes I'm a freak, thank God my wife is out of town next week when the packages arrive:hi5:
The excuse I gave myself was that if I don't buy them now HTOS will sellout & I'll have a much harder time trying to find them at reasonable prices... Dave was able to get me all the exclusive versions like the ones limited to Sideshow..
From researching 2 weeks ago to having 26 HT figures, I think this is as crazy as I'll ever get.. Thank you baby Jesus for Tax return money:yess:

Back