www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

be careful guys....it's getting suspicious....you will receive a "letter" and if you signed for it, that's it. There will be prove that you signed something...and paypal might not take your claim

As it has been stated a few times never take ownership of a parcel prior to opening it up and seeing if everything is as should be. Here in Australia the couriers are really good at waiting while you open up the parcel. If they are not, then let them take it back to the post office and pick it up there so that you can have a look prior to signing. This is a good habit for any parcel of value.

As it has been stated a few times never take ownership of a parcel prior to opening it up and seeing if everything is as should be. Here in Australia the couriers are really good at waiting while you open up the parcel. If they are not, then let them take it back to the post office and pick it up there so that you can have a look prior to signing. This is a good habit for any parcel of value.

Fully agree on this . I received 2 letters for some stuff I ordered from them. They told me it's a custom invoice. The same story some guys were having. I refused to sign for the letters because I ordered boxes of hot toys stuff from them and all I get it's 2 letters for 2 shipments.
and of course, i keep track of paypal 45 days claim and claim back my money.

Dave from HTOS

Guys , All previous buyers received their items from us.
Some experienced 1 or 2 week delays but eventually most buyers received their item.
We also sent our refund to buyers if the item was having some issue.

Can someone tell us if they lost some sort of money here?

Once you paid us we will deliver the item for you. If the item you received is not in good condition then we give you full refund or partial refund.

There were a few customers not happy with their product and we sent a refund back to them.
We are always willing to resolve any issue, as long as reasonable explanation is given and we can always close the case without any loss of money.

If someone think they lost their money then please let me know and tell me what is your problem.

Infact, we always update buyers the status of their delivery and if any delay we will inform our buyers.
Delivery is not always perfect but we can't control the post office , custom clearance and public holidays.

If you think we are not a good seller then please kindly stop ordering from us. We are not forcing anyone to order from us.
But those that already received their item already knew that we do delivered and we do keep you up to date regarding delivery status from time to time.

If you have any issue please feel free to contact us.

Thank you:)

Thanks for taking the time to answer here.
You have probably seen all the positives posts of people who have received their orders, but one can't help to find some details a bit strange.

Dino,
you received 2 actual registered letters from HTOS instead of your figure boxes?

Dave can you explain this?
Thanks.
:)

Thanks for taking the time to answer here.
You have probably seen all the positives posts of people who have received their orders, but one can't help to find some details a bit strange.

Dino,
you received 2 actual registered letters from HTOS instead of your figure boxes?

Dave can you explain this?
Thanks.
:)

To be honest if " Dino " have any issue with us then please kindly contact us, my name is Dave. you may send us an email ( ATT DAVE )
tell me what is the issue. I'm the owner( I'm sure most buyers already knew this) so you can just honestly tell me your story via email , our email is [email protected] this is the only email we reply to buyer. I'm sure all buyers received their items not letters. This must be something that can be resolved if this particular person is willing to talk to us. :)

Last edited:

Hmmm lomous your situation sounds really similar to mine, I ordered a few figs from them and according to them they said it would arrive last week but didn't. Now they said they will definitely arrive by this Friday.

I'll give them just these few more days before I raise an alert to Paypal.

hey drifts the only difference is my payment was reversed by them they just never notified me, but they are adamant that the shipment is still on its way to qatar.

It's a long story.
They gave me 2 registered HK numbers when it is actually 2 letters when it arrived.
I did not sign for the letter because, I am being cautious here as not to sign anything that is not In accordance to what I have ordered.

When I send for paypal claim, they refuse to refund me saying that paypal is investigating and even they want to refund me, paypal would not let them,

Now, for most of you that have dealt with paypal, you will know that when you file for a dispute seller can choose to click and immediately refund you. Paypal will only start investigating if you escalate it into a claim. So what the heck they are talking about?

Yes, in the end I did not lose my money because, I have strictly follow to fellow members guideline especially razor1 ...thanks for the infor.

Why in the 1st place they told me they cannot refund me because paypal is investigating? When they actually can do the refund immediately?

I believed, with small orders like 1 or 2 box, it is safe. ,and always insist on EMS not HK Air Post

For every 10 deals, if there is 1 very big deal, mostly that 1 big deal will have very big issues.

i still could not comprehend why did they insist they cannot refund me in the 1st place sayin paypal is investigating?... It just doesnt make sense.

Like I say , although no money is loss, but I have to keep sending the, reminder in the resolution centre for them to act on it and lastly, they have no choice but to refund me.

So, my advise :

Watch out for your paypal 45 days claim, do not exceed with excuses like late delivery, or OH it's on it's on it's way to you now, bla bla ......
Very, etc...when time is almost up, just file for dispute...if the shipment did arrive in the end, do the right thing, be honest and pay HTOTS

Do not sign for any letters. Open the item before you sign for it.

Place order for 1 or 2 box at a time and insist on EMS services

Insist them to send you a proper descriptive paypal invoice.

Good luck

Last edited:

Dino when did you make the purchase? You should contact customs and find out why your are getting those customs invoices.

It's a long story.
They gave me 2 registered HK numbers when it is actually 2 letters when it arrived.
I did not sign for the letter because, I am being cautious here as not to sign anything that is not In accordance to what I have ordered.

When I send for paypal claim, they refuse to refund me saying that paypal is investigating and even they want to refund me, paypal would not let them,

Now, for most of you that have dealt with paypal, you will know that when you file for a dispute seller can choose to click and immediately refund you. Paypal will only start investigating if you escalate it into a claim. So what the heck they are talking about?

Yes, in the end I did not lose my money because, I have strictly follow to fellow members guideline especially razor1 ...thanks for the infor.

Why in the 1st place they told me they cannot refund me because paypal is investigating? When they actually can do the refund immediately?

I believed, with small orders like 1 or 2 box, it is safe. ,and always insist on EMS not HK Air Post

For every 10 deals, if there is 1 very big deal, mostly that 1 big deal will have very big issues.

i still could not comprehend why did they insist they cannot refund me in the 1st place sayin paypal is investigating?... It just doesnt make sense.

Like I say , although no money is loss, but I have to keep sending the, reminder in the resolution centre for them to act on it and lastly, they have no choice but to refund me.

So, my advise :

Watch out for your paypal 45 days claim, do not exceed with excuses like late delivery, or OH it's on it's on it's way to you now, bla bla ......
Very, etc...when time is almost up, just file for dispute...if the shipment did arrive in the end, do the right thing, be honest and pay HTOTS

Do not sign for any letters. Open the item before you sign for it.

Place order for 1 or 2 box at a time and insist on EMS services

Insist them to send you a proper descriptive paypal invoice.

Good luck

Hey Dino, so I take it that you didn't get your items as ordered? Hmm... Thanks for your postings. At least we can be more careful when dealing with them now.

Hey Dino, so I take it that you didn't get your items as ordered? Hmm... Thanks for your postings. At least we can be more careful when dealing with them now.

No, I did not get my parcel. But I got my money back via paypal. But the ordeal went through wasn't good. They could have just click and refund me via paypal but gave excuse about paypal investigating which is a big fat lie.

I have no quarrel with HTOTs. But at least there are 2 different guys Philippe and Dave both using the same email which Dave have said in his earlier email probably they are the same person.

Their tone when you file for dispute wasn't good. It is full of mockery, sarcastic. And the refusal to refund me in the 1st place.

I do believe some of the items they do deliver just because :

1. Buyer in this forum purchase 1 or 2 boxes only
2. Buyer in this forum probably got their parcel via EMS

I choose to voice and share my experience so that fellow forum member will know what to do when you encounter same incident or exercise caution . I am not sure how many got thr same experience and did not voice it out here.

I am just relating my real experience.

Nice that you got your money back.

Receiving 2 registered letters instead of 2 parcels with figures sounds a lot like scamming to me.
I can't see one reason in the world where they could justify this "mistake".
They sell figures not love letters...

No, I did not get my parcel. But I got my money back via paypal. But the ordeal went through wasn't good. They could have just click and refund me via paypal but gave excuse about paypal investigating which is a big fat lie.

I have no quarrel with HTOTs. But at least there are 2 different guys Philippe and Dave both using the same email which Dave have said in his earlier email probably they are the same person.

Their tone when you file for dispute wasn't good. It is full of mockery, sarcastic. And the refusal to refund me in the 1st place.

I do believe some of the items they do deliver just because :

1. Buyer in this forum purchase 1 or 2 boxes only
2. Buyer in this forum probably got their parcel via EMS

I choose to voice and share my experience so that fellow forum member will know what to do when you encounter same incident or exercise caution . I am not sure how many got thr same experience and did not voice it out here.

I am just relating my real experience.

Good that guys like you share your experiences with fellow collectors. While none of us should judge others or jump to conclusions, it is always good to be careful. As the saying goes:

"Only in GOD we trust. All others, please show proof/evidence." :peace

"Only in GOD we trust. All others, please show proof/evidence." :peace

Thats great but not all of us believe in fairy tales! ;)

Some of us trust in what is.

And what it is, is a store that is still trying to iron out the kinks and i believe they can. I hope they can too! :)

Thats great but not all of us believe in fairy tales! ;)

Some of us trust in what is.

And what is a store that is still trying to iron out the kinks and i believe they can. I hope they can too! :)

That is the "proof/evidence" part. Lol :)

I'm gonna give HTOS the benifit of the doubt and just wait this week to see if my figure arrives like he said. I will post if it arrives. He did say he would try to resolve if there are any issues.

Last edited:

I see... I see... I see an EMS parcel flying your way...

A package from HK should never take "weeks" to arrive, to anywhere in the world for that matter. With todays modern aviation and freight companys, a package from HK should deliver anywhere in the world in about 7 days, maximum. Everything else is a lie, bla bla, holidays, customs holdup etc. thats just bs.

Then again, i cant imagine why you bother with theese clowns, i just got a mark VI shipped from HK from a great ebay-seller, sent from HK on febr. 9th and ready for me to pick up at my post office febr. 13th. I paid 300USD incl. shipping. thats about the same amount i would have paid from HTOS.

A package from HK should never take "weeks" to arrive, to anywhere in the world for that matter. With todays modern aviation and freight companys, a package from HK should deliver anywhere in the world in about 7 days, maximum. Everything else is a lie, bla bla, holidays, customs holdup etc. thats just bs.

You are bloody kidding me right?!?!?!? :slap

If it's sent EMS it should be within 7 days but it is normal for registered airmail to take weeks.

Last edited:

Then again, i cant imagine why you bother with theese clowns, i just got a mark VI shipped from HK from a great ebay-seller, sent from HK on febr. 9th and ready for me to pick up at my post office febr. 13th. I paid 300USD incl. shipping. thats about the same amount i would have paid from HTOS.

Well these 'clowns' as you so eloquently put it sorted me right out with the exclusive version of the Classic Predator for £20 less than other sellers.
My buddy here in the UK scored a Joker that he had been wanting for ages and had almost given up hope of getting at a reasonable price.

I also think you are talking baloney about the shipping too. I have been buying Hot Toys from HK sellers for 2 years now.

A package from HK should never take "weeks" to arrive, to anywhere in the world for that matter. With todays modern aviation and freight companys, a package from HK should deliver anywhere in the world in about 7 days, maximum.

That's an absolutely ridiculous claim. I live in Australia and constantly order from overseas, including regular orders from HK-based stores like Angolz. With all your talk of 'modern aviation and freight companies' I'm lucky if I receive a package two weeks after ordering. Typically it's a 3 - 4 week wait. Even just ordering a book from Amazon often doesn't arrive until 6 weeks after it's shipped.

Occasionally things can arrive very quickly (7 or 8 days) but in my experience that's very rare. To say that everything takes a maximum 7 days is just nuts - that's crazy talk.

Back