www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

hey guys, good news, ive received my order within the time frame dave gave me, but bad news also as im missing a part on the armor of my pred berserker, im waiting on a reply from dave to see what can be done. Guys, check that u have ALL the parts that come with ur figure when u get it.

hey guys, good news, ive received my order within the time frame dave gave me, but bad news also as im missing a part on the armor of my pred berserker, im waiting on a reply from dave to see what can be done. Guys, check that u have ALL the parts that come with ur figure when u get it.

was it still sealed^?

yep, everything looks sealed and untouched, but it didnt come in a brown hot toys box

It sounds like a big mistake to not include part of the armor... do you think the figure is genuine?

It sounds like a big mistake to not include part of the armor... do you think the figure is genuine?

If the box was sealed, sounds like a manufacturing defect from Hot Toys which is not uncommon.

If the box was sealed, sounds like a manufacturing defect from Hot Toys which is not uncommon.

I dunno... how expensive could a roll of those "factory seal" stickers be in the knock off capital of the world?

I'd say most of my HT, because they are in air tight custom detolf's, would look just like brand new if I put them back in the box, I meticulously keep all the little plastic wraps too.

Most folks are quit amazed and the repack I can do when they buy my figs.

Missing armor seems a bit too major not to notice during Hot toys assembly process. Most factory defects come in the form of something broken or not put together properly, things coming unglued or unstitched...

Stunna, do you remember what day you ordered the figures?
I noticed you are based in Sydney but I still haven't received my figures yet.

i ordered on the 10th jan and he said he was shipping on 12th but in fact it was shipped on 28th via ems and i got it this wednesday, when did u order urs?

I dunno... how expensive could a roll of those "factory seal" stickers be in the knock off capital of the world?

I'd say most of my HT, because they are in air tight custom detolf's, would look just like brand new if I put them back in the box, I meticulously keep all the little plastic wraps too.

Most folks are quit amazed and the repack I can do when they buy my figs.

Missing armor seems a bit too major not to notice during Hot toys assembly process. Most factory defects come in the form of something broken or not put together properly, things coming unglued or unstitched...

i have no idea how the missing part on the figure is missing, i confirmed on another thread that the part is meant to be glued down but it still it is missing, i have to give benefit of the doubt and say it was factory problem, it would be a stupid thing for someone to deliberately open this box just to steal that part which is meant to be glued on in the first place, like if u were gonna do that u might as well take something more worthwhile.

Dave from HTOS has at least worked with me on this situation and compensated me for the missing part so iam at least happy with his customer service, once again i actually believe it was a one off factory mistake and im just really unlucky in this situation.

Well they told me they sent it on 29th Dec, only to be returned by customs due to having no invoice. They then resent it on the 20th Jan. And till now I haven't received it.

According to them I should receive it 6th-9th Feb, so I guess I'll wait a few more days, but yeah, felt like ages..

Good to hear you received your figure though, albeit missing an armor piece. Berserker pred is awesome!! :)

Well they told me they sent it on 29th Dec, only to be returned by customs due to having no invoice. They then resent it on the 20th Jan. And till now I haven't received it.

According to them I should receive it 6th-9th Feb, so I guess I'll wait a few more days, but yeah, felt like ages..

Good to hear you received your figure though, albeit missing an armor piece. Berserker pred is awesome!! :)
HTOS used EMS on re-shipping for "returned from custom" items. ask for the tracking number.

It is weird that they repeatedly using this excuse of parcel return to them by custom due to no invoice. Tis is not the 1 st time they use such lame excuse. Beware when you sign of the parcel. It could be just a registered mail letter and they will tell you it could be the custom invoice. One you sign for it, that's it, they will have a record that you signed for something and you got to go through long process to prove to paypal you received a registered letter instead of a parcel.

Also, this is a delaying tactic, watch your 45 days paypal claim period, do not let it exceed.

Another member of this board recommend to open the parcel and check the content is the item you ordered, if not DO NOT SIGN for it. If postman do not allow you to check, take some trouble and go to post office to self collect it, and post office will let you check that the content is in good order and condition before you sign for it.

I ordered Indiana Jones this week Monday to be delivered via EMS shipping. It arrived on Thursday and again I couldn't be happier. I have also now ordered Hellboy and the T1000. I'll post when those two arrive. I am absolutely loving the fold out background diorama that comes with Indy. It's close to a perfect fit for a Detolf cabinet......just marginally higher so that you have to tuck it in behind the gap between the shelf above and the back of the cabinet. Almost impossible to notice. Absolutely love the figure.

Good to hear you got your figure razor & that your happy with it to :)

Hello all I'm new here. I just recently ordered a Blade figure from this store mentioned. The expected arrival Is around the 7th to the 9th of Feb. I will keep you guys posted on this one. I've been concerned myself and I'm glad to here on those successful arrival of figures. That makes me breathe a little better.

Well I am back from my trip and my Classic Predator was waiting for me.

Everything was totally fine. Very happy. Further more this was the SE version with the Berzerker skull which is of course really very cool as the only other place to get that for me in the UK was Sideshow. And I try to avoid Sideshow as I always get stuck with a fat costumes bill. It's cool they can get the exclusive versions too.

The box was a little scuffy but this is not an issue for me and to be fair, I can get a scuffed box from any other seller.

I think the guys have a few kinks to work out given the feedback from some other dudes here, but bottom line, these guys delivered and were genuinley helpful. They even emailed me when it was signed by my girlfriend to confirm that was correct.

I always get stuck with a fat costumes bill.

This is what happens if you don't pay the costumes bill:

ktla.jpg

it says on their site that they take offers, has any of you tried making them an offer to get a better price?

it says on their site that they take offers, has any of you tried making them an offer to get a better price?

Yes....done that with all five figures that I bought from him. He is pretty accommodating with knocking a bit off the price.

Back