WOW...Elvis only 150!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone from SS post the PIC, not that stamp please, they used to create this PF? I've gone thru my Elvis stuff, because of the 30th anniv, and can not find the clothes, sunburst guitar, etc.. So beyond the face issues where is the the source documents for this statue?

I have found some similarities in the microphone/stand, shoes, .....Perhaps some of you Elvis fans have this info.

thanks for the help,

The development team posted a production blog about this piece a while back. It's pretty informative, at least I found it to be. Elvis has never been one of my favorite musicians, but I gotta say I respect his popularity and the musical era that he helped usher in, so it's interesting to see how and why the designers made the choices they did!

Here's the blog: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=3691

Considering that Elvis items are not rare and that even Elvis figures of almost any type are easily available. It is hard to believe anyone would think a new expensive Elvis figure would be a hot item.

I would be surprised if it sold as well as the gray Art S Bucks. It is called 'market saturation'.

I hope collectors post their pics of Elvis when he arrives. I really want to see what this looks like in-hand.

I hope collectors post their pics of Elvis when he arrives. I really want to see what this looks like in-hand.

You know I'll post a ton! :rock2

This is a PF I have loved from the announcement and it hasn't diminished with all the hate he has been getting. :(

You know I'll post a ton! :rock2

This is a PF I have loved from the announcement and it hasn't diminished with all the hate he has been getting. :(

Good for you Pix. I cant wait to see some in hand pics of this. I am very curious to see how this one is gonna turn out.

Congratulations Fritz!

Don't congratulate me, I just cancelled it. Can't afford it right now with the Gandalf PF coming. I probably would have scraped the funds together but I checked the site and since the exclusive is still readily available I didn't think it would be a problem re-ordering it.

Maybe you'll be able to use a gift card when you re-order or they may discount it for one of their specials like Toyfair since the exclusive is still available.

I can't wait to see your pics, pix. I'm still holding out hope it looks much better in other people's pictures than Sideshow's, because I really want to like it enough to get one.

I canceled because it looks nothing like Elvis, and thats why it isn't selling. If I see pics that look good I'll buy it.

I canceled because it looks nothing like Elvis, and thats why it isn't selling. If I see pics that look good I'll buy it.

Yea, your right. If it did look like Elvis, it would of sold 500 pieces no problem. The exclusive (guitar) is arguably the best exclusive SS has done on a piece, and the base, costume, mic are all all excellent.

Unfortunately, the likeness ruins the piece. I really wanted to like this one too.

:monkey2

P.S. Whatever happened to the Legendary Musicians line? We got the 4 members of Kiss and Elvis (announced a year ago). Is this line dead?

How about announcing all 4 Beatles next Sideshow? Vintage Beatles in the black & white suits like they appeared on the Ed Sullivan show...

:D

During Spooktacular I asked Heath how many sculpts they did before they decided on the final piece. He said they did only one.

Yea, I thought I read and heard from a few people thou that they were gonna tweak Elvis, and that it was rushed to get him out at Toy*Fair last year...

:confused:

This is such a wasted oportunity, I mean, it's ELVIS, whatever you think of his later Vegas years (I have no problem with them), he was one of the coolest motherfunners on the planet, but this simply does not look like him.
I have the old 12" 68 comeback special fig to appease me-

https://www.dustcatchers.com/barbie/00elvis1.jpg

I know you do too Pixletwin, and I'm not a hater... just dissapointed, I SHOULD want this.

If they ever do a PF of The Man in Black I hope they do it better than this!

This PF is back in stock. Exclusive n regular. It was sold out and I managed to get an Exclusive awhile back on ebay. I canceled at 1st do to the "hate" of the pics. But I was very pleased when I got this. Thought it looked awesome and better then the SS pics.

I've seen this in person and really want to like it, but just dont care for it. I really wanted an Elvis in my collection and had been holding out for a 70s Elvis that now will never happen. Sideshow appears to be done with their musician line.

70's Vegas Elvis would sure complete the PF line for me. Would love to see that happen.

I've seen this in person and really want to like it, but just dont care for it. I really wanted an Elvis in my collection and had been holding out for a 70s Elvis that now will never happen. Sideshow appears to be done with their musician line.

How about a PF lady gaga with all types of strange costumes?

Back