WOW...Elvis only 150!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't wait until the sinatra pf from the flick, 'from here to eternity'.

should sell just as well since it's targeting the same age group as elvis. :lol

is the exclusive free 'depends' undergarments? :rotfl how about a mini social security check? :lol

only messin' with ya. i'm sure there's more than 100 people that are into elvis and collectibles. :rolleyes:

I can only imagine what you must think of me since I want the whole Rat Pack in PF. :lol

And the Obi-Wan and Princess Leia PF likenesses are two of the greatest likenesses I have ever seen. The only reason I bought the Obi-Wan is because the likeness blew me away. Just get a look at the sculpt.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/7141_press03-001.jpg

I still think he looks like Elvis.. Someone even found the exact reference picture they used for the sculpt.. I forget where it is and I'm too lasy to find it, but it is Elvis... Just not so idealised.

I am keeping my order and when I get it, I will be one happy E-fan. :blissy

Honestly if my Dad's mom was still alive I would get this. She was a HUGE Elvis fan.

If my grandparents had not disowned their entire family ( yes, entire family ) then I would have gotten this for them as they were/are big Elvis fans. Too bad they are crazy old nuts who hate life.

Even with the reference pic it didn't quite seem right to me. I don't think its horrible, its just not quite right enough for me. And I really, really wanted it too. I think headsculpts are one of those things where different people see it differently and one person may focus mostly on one part like the eyes or mouth. Someone who looks at eyes primarily may say its spot on where someone who looks at mouth primarily says its off (those are just examples non-specific to this figure.) I'm not even sure if that makes sense, I can't quite articulate what I'm trying to get at.

Yeah the exclusive is awesome and I love the outfit and pose too. I've thought about ordering in hopes that it looks better in person, but it doesn't sound like it. I can't wait to see your pics when you get yours thought pix.

I can only imagine what you must think of me since I want the whole Rat Pack in PF. :lol

And the Obi-Wan and Princess Leia PF likenesses are two of the greatest likenesses I have ever seen. The only reason I bought the Obi-Wan is because the likeness blew me away. Just get a look at the sculpt.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/7141_press03-001.jpg

no offense was meant to you and your tastes. i just don't think there is enough support for the subject.

i think however the likeness is good enough, like most anything put out by sideshow. just questioning the choice of elvis, and would that choice make enough customers want to buy this elvis. there's so many other lines not explored but could be considered more than a music line, imo. star trek voyager or ds9 for instance. tons of cool looking space characters, which seems to be more sideshow's forte.

you see lines like scarface though, which may have some following of fans, but to explore it in so many different variations and media categories makes it mind boggeling. honestly, did we need two different scarface busts, two different 12" figures both regular and exclusive versions, a pf figure...am i missing one? the movie was ok and is mostly celebrated by gangstas, that always wind up breaking their collectibles.

and they say the terminator 12" line has died? :monkey2 not before a john connor, battle damaged endoskeleton and doctor silberman! sideshow should also consider a vs. diorama for the terminator line. almost infinite possibilities.

Last edited:
If it would've been a more recognizable version like 68 comeback, Gold jacket or Aloha from Hawaii Elvis probably would've gotten it. The head sculpt is not great and the whole figure are just ok to me, not worth the price. I'll take my chances to wait for a better one

If it would've been a more recognizable version like 68 comeback, Gold jacket or Aloha from Hawaii Elvis probably would've gotten it. The head sculpt is not great and the whole figure are just ok to me, not worth the price. I'll take my chances to wait for a better one

I want every version you just mentioned... Especially Aloha Elvis. 68 comeback Elvis is kind of over-done, but I would buy him last.

If my grandparents had not disowned their entire family ( yes, entire family ) then I would have gotten this for them as they were/are big Elvis fans. Too bad they are crazy old nuts who hate life.

sounds like some older people i know that could just not accept the strange ways of the younger generations. things have changed dramatically since they were young in family structure and values, what is considered moral limits and in general, the definition of family. and i've a feeling that's not too good. :monkey2

while not a bible thumper, i can't help but fear these signs may indicate major things on the horizon that won't be too much fun for most. :( :devil

Aloha Elvis is the one I want the absolute most, I might buy him whether it looks like him or not.

P.S. I know you were just teasing Tyler, I didn't take offense. Plus as much as I want at the very least Dean Martin (if not the whole Rat Pack) it probably stands a snowball's chance in hell of happening.

Man, I'd buy an Aloha From Hawaii PF in a second. That eagle jumpsuit, the chunky gold rings, big lambchop sideburns... now that's takin' care of bidness.

I must have pre-ordered and cancelled this piece 3 times as I couldn't decide whether or not to buy it. But then when I saw it at SDCC and it looked like nothing had been changed on it, I cancelled it for good. I'm not entirely happy with it and it's not the version I want. For $300 plus I'll hold out...

Even if the toothy guy does match some source material . . . they should have found different souce material. One that looked like Elvis.

Bear in mind too that Elvis' estate pretty much as full say in what pose and expression the Elvis must be in... I agree that he should have had more of a snarl than a grin... But I think it captures Elvis perfectly. He can get more miserable as he gets older. :p

Could someone from SS post the PIC, not that stamp please, they used to create this PF? I've gone thru my Elvis stuff, because of the 30th anniv, and can not find the clothes, sunburst guitar, etc.. So beyond the face issues where is the the source documents for this statue?

I have found some similarities in the microphone/stand, shoes, .....Perhaps some of you Elvis fans have this info.

thanks for the help,

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our Elvis Presley Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive (item #71891) from our Elvis Premium Format Figures Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 7-10 days.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our Elvis Presley Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive (item #71891) from our Elvis Premium Format Figures Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 7-10 days.

Congratulations Fritz!

Back