• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Would you prefer a more professional marketplace?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like a true bid for item allowed, maybe even a section. seller lists their item a starting bid is put up and at the end of the 3,5,7 day auction whatever it is the person with the highest posted bid on or before a time set by the seller wins the item. I belong to a sports card forum that does great with this. Certain rules would have to be set, a certain amount of posts, time on the forum, feedback %, etc etc,..

Eg. I post a Keaton dx on Monday the 17th at 5:00 eastern time, for $49.99, bidding begins. The highest bidder by the close of 7 days by 5:00 wins for that amount. Like I said certain rules need apply that I can help with in order to place both sales and bids.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I've had no problems with the transactions I've done here and I've done "gift" with those that I feel are trustworthy or I've dealt with, but...

the simplicity and ease of the other way seems nice as well.

I don't see an issue with the way its done now.

If the 3% were going to the board maybe, but that's probably just a fee to use the credit card system, right?

For all its problems, I think the sales "structure" there is now is just fine.

If anything, implement something like that in the customs section for the resident small companies who use the board as they're business home.

I like it the way it is.
A poll perhaps will give you a clearer picture?

Last edited:
keep it OG (WWW)

ps-paying via the pay pal gift option should be burned at the stake, decapitated and buried in a shallow grave... just ban that payment option already.

Things seem to work relatively okay, but I'm all for increased professionalism and efficiency anywhere it makes sense.

And the notion of a percentage of each transaction going to help fund the board sounds pretty good to me. Seems only fair.

I am OK with the way things are. But I like the idea of a "Wild West" sort of commerce section. If someone rips you off...you shoot them.

Make that happen, Dave!

One thing i dont like about it now is it is hard to find a specific item. If you for example is looking for a "Vietnam uniform" you have to go through either alot of searching or thread by thread. It is kind of a mess sometimes. I like the idea with pictures ala ebay.

If it ain't broke; don't try to fix it.

If having the Paypal fees mandatory is something Dave wants from sellers, then perhaps this should be mandatory for all transactions and those who state otherwise should be warned with repeat offenders losing seller privileges.

But it is broken. Despite the "buyer beware" warning in the FAQ, a lot of mod/admin time is taken up with deals gone wrong.

I'm curious if the people who like it the current way LIKE that there's more of opportunity to defraud someone?

I like things the way they are now, I've had several dealings on here both as a seller and a buyer and have had nothing but positive experiences. Of course if I got screwed over on either end I'd probably feel a lot differently.
As it is now its very easy to use, if changes are made I hope they aren't super complicated. I don't want to jump through hoops with credit card numbers and this verification and that verification etc.....just to sell or buy an action figure.

Caveat Emptor. I only gift payments if it's with a freak who has some sort of veteran status on the forum.
I don't care for the feedback system though. You have to find the sale thread, then add a note, then add another note.

Back