Would you buy a DX Batman original costume?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been pretty much convinced by the discussion in the OC thread that the OC Batman has a screen accurate suit. But even though that is an awesome figure I still think a costume as good as this should be honoured with a DX. I would want:

Authentic HS of Bruce Wayne with PERS eyes, sculpted by Kojun, with rooted hair.
A REMOVEABLE rubber cowl that could be worn over the HS (hence the rooted hair).
Black crayon so you could colour the area around the eyes black.
Ninja outfit
Alternate 'demonic' head.
Poseable cape.
'Stiff' cape.

Now everyone who says that there's no need to update the OC figure tell me you wouldn't buy this...

Removable rubber cowl with rooted hair? keep dreaming man, this isn't a ken doll. that just wouldn't work

:lol haha never heard such tosh

Are you Beavis, or Butthead?

It's called progress, and it happens when people suggest new ideas. I guess a year ago you'd have been s??????ing like a ten year old at the idea of PERS.

I can't remember seeing a mainstream collectable male figure with hair, but I've seen some great customs, among them an Indy head which meant he could wear his hat and a Tom Cruise head that meant he could wear a headset.

Removable rubber cowl with rooted hair? keep dreaming man, this isn't a ken doll. that just wouldn't work

Why wouldn't it work?

DID offers real rooted hair figures that look great for about $20.

And btw, Ken had sculpted hair.

Sov Studios already has a removable cowl that also looks good on his 89 Bats so thats doable as well.

The pricepoint would likely be about $30 higher, but look at Joker V1, and then look at the DX. Those figures were about a year apart, not ten years. In another year or two, you gotta wonder what HT will be upto.

Why wouldn't it work?

DID offers real rooted hair figures that look great for about $20.

And btw, Ken had sculpted hair.

Sov Studios already has a removable cowl that also looks good on his 89 Bats so thats doable as well.

The pricepoint would likely be about $30 higher, but look at Joker V1, and then look at the DX. Those figures were about a year apart, not ten years. In another year or two, you gotta wonder what HT will be upto.

Sorry, I don't stand in toys r us staring at barbies all day so i wouldnt know. i remember commercials with him having rooted hair.

and i've seen the rubber cowls, it doesn't look good at all, not to mention that the rubber could crack or rip. it's a bad idea imo

Don't want them to make one seeing as though I have the first OC Batman. But if they happened to I'd probably buy it.

People only buy DX's when the V1s are terrible throughout. I mean if they're bad from head sculpt to toe sculpt. People bought the DX02 TDK Bats because it was a complete redoing. The current OC bats figure is already perfect and people will be buying a DX only for the accessories but with the same basic figure.

Besides, this is already HT's 2nd attempt at the OC, so it could be considered a "DX" in itself. Never before has HT released a figure for a 3rd time.

Last edited:
If there is enough demand why not spin another batch be it the previous MMS or a new DX. Back then HT really wasn't as well known as today? and the run only was released to Asia? So by the sounds of it there certainly is a demand and hence good reason to push out some more :) I certainly would not buy one for $300+ through ebay but $200 for a DX I would so jump on it and by the sounds of it there are plenty of newcomers like myself that just started this hobby because of TDK movie and the latest HT releases and that missed the chance of getting one so bring it on :D

The V1 was not horrible by ANY means. It just could has alot of room for improvements such as the head(particularly the mouth area and maybe the eyes) and the cape. Also, alot of us would like to see a good Bale sculpt and some League of Shadows gear

They could release another one, maybe in 2 years time or something, with the imrpoved lot. But no, they shouldn't release these any time soon, cause if they do, yes, they'll make some new collectors who missed out on the OC happy, BUT, they'll be pissing off a lot of the old collectors, and especially collectors who dropped quite a few bills for this recently.

I heard this argument before but that price only went up because of insufficient supply to feed the demand and the open market took over driving up the prices. So how could anyone blame HT for releasing another batch driving prices back to MSRP? Unless they have made claims of it being limited edition nobody should be upset. Especially since most do collect for the sake of having these amazing pieces and not how much more they are valued if only fewer had their hands on it? I for one wish more collectible would be rereleased with no limited edition crap and total transparency of these schedules based on true demand keeping collectible prices at bay. I wished I could have a $600 Millenium Falcon instead of it now being $2000
I am glad Hasbro rereleased R2D2 and you can find them at $200 instead of the $300++ prior to the rerelease. Just like I am accepting having paid $200 for TDK V1 and now it dropping value to a lot less due to DX02.

About the only thing i can think that they could add accessory wise is the flexible periscope. Which really wouldnt be worth it. I have the current original costume batman and really have no issues with it at all, dont see any point in a DX.
Which is fortunate as i seriously doubt Hot Toys are gonna do one.

The flexible periscope/telescope type thing he uses in Batman Begins? When he's scaling the building in the narrows looking for the drugs hidden in the stuffed toys.

Cool, its just after he's dangled Flass from the building and got info about the drugs. Then he's looking through the windows with it, before chucking it to the little kid.

Back