Would you buy a DX Batman original costume?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably, just to have it. But it's not a figure I'm aticularly jonesing for. I'd buy Keaton bats as well, either version. But I honestly don't mind HT letting the Batman sheets cool down for a bit.

It's amusing this discussion keeps coming back up, considering wookster said earlier in the year Hot Toys wont be revisiting this.

I didn't know this - did he say why?

I also didn't know they used a new type of dust resistant rubber on the DX Bats - it would definitely be worth making a new original costume figure if they used that. The OC was superb but after a while the dust and fluff that stuck to it really detracted from the visual impact.

I guess if the discussion keeps coming back up it shows the potential interest.

I got one and I think OC is good the way it is already. HT should just reissue OC for those who missed it.

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't get it. However, I don't feel that there really is enough to improve upon for this figure. It is fantastic the way it is. I love mine and enjoy looking at it sitting next to the TDK Bats (which will be replaced by the DX once it gets here).

I already have OC and the Takara's version too. It would be a nice idea and I buy if they launch.
Sounds good!

I got one and I think OC is good the way it is already. HT should just reissue OC for those who missed it.

The thing is, Takara used to be the gold standard for this outfit, and while it still has a certain charm, it was easily surpassed by Hot Toys second attempt at this figure - so a DX might blow the last one out of the water, however great it seems now.

It also seems a little mean to me not to get a DX of this outfit because I much prefer the Begins suit to the DK suit.

No.
In a way, the TDK version of the OC is a DX version, in that is greatly improved upon the first attempt.

I'd like them doing the Batman and Joker from the Arkham Asylum games, might be the only one who thinks this: But their looks owns all the movie versions!

there. I said it.

I'd like them doing the Batman and Joker from the Arkham Asylum games, might be the only one who thinks this: But their looks owns all the movie versions!

there. I said it.

I'd like to see some Arkham Asylum figures. Even if they were just 7".

there. I said it.

I agree about HT making Arkham figures,but I do want a BB OC DX,as I missed out(DX Joker was my first outing in the HT market.)

I will diverge from consensus in saying that I think the original costume release is a bit flawed. Though there is nothing that really stands out and screams inaccurate or bad looking, something about it is off to me. Don't know if it is the shape of the cowl or the way it sits on the head or the size of the head relative to the body or what. But if you compare it to the look from the film, it just looks. . .off somehow. The cape doesn't really work as well as it could, either. You can futz with it to make it look pretty good, but if you just stand him up in a generic pose he doesn't look so great in my opinion.

I think somehow the Dark Knight DX figure looks way better than the original Dark Knight suit release and closer to the movie version, even without the googly eyes and other fancy stuff. So, I figure that a Begins suit DX revisited could look great, and I wouldn't rule out buying one if it looked as amazing as I imagine Hot Toys could make it look. However, I've got the original suit version and I like it quite a bit. It is really one of my favorite figures in my collection, but I do recognize its flaws.

I don't see why the current ones fetching high prices mean HT need to, or should make another one? If it was a bruce wayne proper HS inclusive, suit in shadow box diorama thing, hell yeah, but another OC? What for, the other one is near perfect?

A version with Ninja Bruce would be very nice, but only with two pairs of gauntlets so that both figures could be done in full from one DX set + an extra body.

A version with Ninja Bruce would be very nice, but only with two pairs of gauntlets so that both figures could be done in full from one DX set + an extra body.

Agreed.

Some are asking why would HT make another OC bats if the first TDK OC is near flawless. In my opinion, the likely answer to that question is: "to make more money". HT says they're done with the line, which is good cause we need a breather. But with the success of DX Joker and the very likely success of DX bats, why not cash in by making another gauranteed seller?

Would that be a slap in the face to those that have the TDK OC? That answer may vary per collector...

Nope. Done with anything from the recent Batman movies.

Too bad so sad for those that didn't get the OC version the first time around.

Back