Would buy HT BTAS figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I think the original Kenner figures captured the look just about as well as anybody could. What would HT bring to the table that would justify the (inevitably high) price point?
Agreed. The 4" scale really suited the minimalistic stylised elements of the show and a lot of those original BTAS figures were perfect representations of their respective characters.
I think it would be hard for HT to capture the look of the characters correctly anyway in terms of their stylised body shapes. They'd have to create a whole new series of TT's just for that one line.

The differences in proportion between the BTAS characters and their True Type would probably kill this before it ever got off the ground, in my opinion. I also think that for such highly stylised, non-complex looking characters, a 12" scale would be pretty hard to fill without just looking simplistic. If HT ever chose to do this, I think you'd see them like Carl and Russell from Up and that's all.

Gonna have to go with the general opinion here that the stylized look wouldn't work so well. I'd love to have a proper BTAS collection but I can't see it happening. The maquettes are pretty good though.

I would really want to see this happen. There's also great potential for decent renditions of the heroes' secret identities in proper form, which HT and others did well.

I have some of the 12" articulated Kenner/Hasbro DC animated figures and only a couple IMO aesthetically survived the translation, particularly Robin, Nightwing and Joker, but Batman and Superman really suffered.

Seeing how some anime characters are being nicely done by HT, Medicom and others, I think the DC line can be done. The body would need to be uniquely produced, and what would be the clincher is engineering the articulation to be optimally functional while maintaining good form, such as the joints smoothly closing flushed under the fabric while in a standard, standing pose. This would be a significant developmental leap from the Kenner figures.

Isn't HT doing a Disney line or some other cartoon property? That is an indicator of a brand that is capable and dedicated to developing bodies and costuming to pull this off, and because it's likely the boutique brands that can justify the higher production costs. Given those factors, though, DC Direct theoretically should be able to offer these, but they seem to want larger production numbers and therefore figures with less production value.

To be honest I think the original Kenner figures captured the look just about as well as anybody could. What would HT bring to the table that would justify the (inevitably high) price point?

:exactly:

I thought they were done right the first time around, besides, my taste for animated figures disappeared halfway through the JLU line. I already have accurate Super Friends, BTAS, JLU, and that's it for me.

I bought 'em once. No need to do it again.

Of course, new bodies would have to be produced. As for what HT could bring to the table, it is simple--extremely high quality in 1/6 scale. That's something you aren't gonna get from anyone else. The kids' toys are great looking and great representations of the characters, but they are small kids' toys. My collection has no place for that stuff anymore, which is why I would be interested in seeing HT have a go at something like this.

Maybe they would fall flat on their face, but I have learned not to under-estimate Hot Toys. If they decided that they could do something with a franchise like this, I bet it would be done extremely well.

Not in the usual 1/6 scale articulated figure series, but I think they would make for a great 8" vinyl line up.

Back